What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4 Team vs Wtigers

lingard

Coach
I'm referring to our lack of TPAs. Otherwise I think we are getting good value out of our squad.

We got good value out of them last year and the year before.
I think that value has run out. I hope BA recognises that, and is on the look out for a couple of quality bigger forwards and a quality hooker.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think that value has run out. I hope BA recognises that, and is on the look out for a couple of quality bigger forwards and a quality hooker.

Matagi, vave, king, Gower, Peni, Pritchard, are all fringe NRL players (not definite) starters and off contract and probably all on something between $150 to $200k. So definitely room to add some value players to the squad for next year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But just signing ‘quality’ doesn’t mean we will get value. What if they want too much money?

hindy111

Post Whore
Twals post contact meters was about 20% Mannah,Alvaros and Terepos all closer to double that.
Good worker and a good prospect but unsure he helps our team at moment.

emjaycee

Coach
Speaking of Twal, there are 8 former Eels forwards that have played for someone else this year.
3 of them debuted with us, 1 we bought from Penrith before letting go and 4 we let go and they debuted at their current clubs.

Who would you have kept if any and who would you lose from our pack to fit them in:

Seffa
Junior (keep in mind we lost him because of salary cap issues)
Latimore
Tanginoa
Aloiai
Twal
Eisenhuth
Matterson

Apart from Junior, the only one I would have kept was Kelepi as I always had a soft spot for him.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Good to see BA shaking things up.

I'm sure the players will be worried if they don't put in, they might get a double warning from the coach.

strider

Post Whore
Speaking of Twal, there are 8 former Eels forwards that have played for someone else this year.
3 of them debuted with us, 1 we bought from Penrith before letting go and 4 we let go and they debuted at their current clubs.

Who would you have kept if any and who would you lose from our pack to fit them in:

Seffa
Junior (keep in mind we lost him because of salary cap issues)
Latimore
Tanginoa
Aloiai
Twal
Eisenhuth
Matterson

Apart from Junior, the only one I would have kept was Kelepi as I always had a soft spot for him.
Junior was more that we just didnt wanna pay a shitload wasnt it?

emjaycee

Coach
Junior was more that we just didnt wanna pay a shitload wasnt it?
I don't think we really had an option to keep Junior TBH.
He had just had the issue with 'consorting', he wanted out of town for a while and we had salary cap issues where we needed to shred. Plus Canberra offer was overs.

Latest posts