What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 5 vs Broncos

One of Allgood or Gower will drop off once HODOR comes back. Until then, I'm happy to make do as Allgood has a bit of experience as a Parra boy and Gower seems to me to be putting in a fair bit of effort.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Still not a fan of Paulo. Too much arm grabbing and rarely tackles one on one. Goes to sleep at dummy half as well. I thought vrs Penrith Arthur had him playing more direct and passing closer to the defence. He is obviously a pet project of Arthurs. I really hope he can turn him into a footballer. Needs heaps more aggression and a greater desire to work harder in defence. Stop smiling and get angry.
Just my thoughts of cause.

Gronk

Staff member
Just a shout out for our friends at Ch9 !

Looking forward to watching the game delayed at 9:30pm in glorious standard definition + a heap of ads.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Looking forward to watching the game delayed at 9:30pm in glorious standard definition + a heap of ads.
Oh no!
Please dont tell me Hadley is the caller.
I think Ill follow the scores on line, record the game, delete the adds and smash the volume control button.

Gareth Keenan

Juniors

Yep, massive congrats to the pioneers at Channel 9 ?I?m pretty sure I?ll have a hover board by the time they start broadcasting NRL in HD. They are so far behind Fox Sports it is embarrassing.

i thought Allgood lifted last week. Gower is a solid workman type player level headed. I like them coming off the bench. I'd say Lussick will replace one of them though when he is back especially if Paulo keeps playing alright

And The Moose could bump the other one out when he gets match fit.

forward pass

Coach

Record the game on IQ. Wait a half hour, have a beer or two, play FIFA14 on playstation for a while and then at about 10.00 - 10.15 watch the game on IQ. Skip through the ads when they come up.

The game wont finish any earlier, but at least you can watch the game without the constant interruptions. :)

Kornstar

Coach
Record the game on IQ. Wait a half hour, have a beer or two, play FIFA14 on playstation for a while and then at about 10.00 - 10.15 watch the game on IQ. Skip through the ads when they come up.

The game wont finish any earlier, but at least you can watch the game without the constant interruptions. :)

I'm doing something similar. IQ the game, go see Captain America 2, then come home and fast forward through the adds before going to bed! Since it's delayed anyways.

The thing that I find amazing is the lack of foresight by those administering the game. For the first 5 rounds there has been a perfect opportunity for 9 to get 2 live games (or almost live games) into NSW on a Friday night because of daylight savings. Start the first game in NSW at 7, and play the QLD/Broncos game at 8pm (9pm Sydney time). All it would have taken is for the first game to be shown 30 minutes earlier.

Nine could have packed a 20 segment between games chock full of adds because punters would hang around to watch the second game because it was live/near live. As it is, the general consensus seems to be that unless "my team" is playing, the second game on a Friday night probably wouldn't get watched.

carson

Juniors
Think I will go down to the local pub to watch it live via their dodgy Satellite hook up to Darwin. The tractor and Brahman bull ads always bring a chuckle and the sound will be down for the band, so I don't have to listen to that idiot Hadley. Is Hadley ever going to figure out that we can see what is going on, he doesn't need to call it like a radio game!!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Just show the 9.30 game live on their other channel , is it gem ?

Can't see how this would affect their viewing figures as nine would still have the same amount of people watching, just they would have a choice

oldmancraigy

Coach
Joshuatheeel I think it would affect their 'peak' broadcast number?

It would split the audience between the 2 games, and so whichever one would ordinarily have rated higher, will in fact lose some ratings to the other game. They use the peak number for something, I'm not sure what that is - but something!

I reckon Parra v Brisbane would smash the Dogs/Chooks game in the ratings department if both showed live across Aus (or at least in Qld/NSW).

Parraren

Bench
I'll be listening to this one on the radio.

Can't stand Hadley and won't sit through endless ads till midnight.

9 can gft

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Welcome to our world regarding the delay, we cop it every time with the Friday night Donkey's on every Friday night up here. At least I will be at the game and won't have to listen to Roy Hardley.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I will watch it from a streaming site anyway with a radio call - the vision aren't the best but it is better then watching it in on delay

Latest posts