What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 6 Raiders vs Warriors

Another home game , we have won 2 on the road and are yet to win at home.

The Warriors coming off a shock loss will be extra keen to make up for it.

Shillo might ( should ) be back to replace White who will miss the rest of the season.

Kennedy may make his debut if JT is ruled out.

The most important thing that is needed is for us to wear the White jersey , 2 wins from 2 starts wearing it.

Cryptic

Juniors
Chances are I'll be showing up down there myself this weekend.... Hopefully I'll bring a mate so we can triple the crowd from tonights game....

Dead set they were quiet... Even when the game was starting... I didn't see the crowd numbers so was it really that small or was the crowd just really that poor in support? The Cowboys were getting louder chears than the Raiders where at points...

Anyway... Shillington in for White... Otherwise I have no idea... Red Cordial before the game starts? We need something to spark the team... It appears we can just never win if we are favourites (which we have been twice this year, and both times we lost).

aussies1st

Staff member
Looks like Boyd time. Guessing Thurling might be around there as it's been a couple of weeks.

bileduct

Coach
Chances are I'll be showing up down there myself this weekend.... Hopefully I'll bring a mate so we can triple the crowd from tonights game....
There was 12,135 there last night.

It's hard to be enthusiastic about such an insipid performance. Maybe the Raiders should have given them more to cheer about?

legend

Coach
Agreed. Sorry to sound like a broken record but it all starts and ends with Campese. He dogged it big time last night. The catch and pass and continually playing before the line will not work. You need to go forward before you go wide.

bileduct

Coach
Agreed. Sorry to sound like a broken record but it all starts and ends with Campese. He dogged it big time last night. The catch and pass and continually playing before the line will not work. You need to go forward before you go wide.
Yep, he sat back and put all the pressure to do something on McCrone.

Not good enough.

CANBERRA RAIDERS v VODAFONE WARRIORS

Round 6, 2012 NRL Premiership
Sunday, April 8, 2012
NRL Kick-Off 2pm
Canberra Stadium
Game Tag: #NRLCANWAR
Referees: Shayne Hayne/Alan Shortall

| RAIDERS TEAM NEWS |

The Canberra Raiders have named two debutants on the bench for this weekend’s clash against the Warriors on Easter Sunday, with Jarrad Kennedy and Mark Nicholls poised to make their NRL debuts.

Kennedy and Nicholls have been in good form for the Raiders feeder club Mounties and come into the side for Brett White and Joel Thompson, who both picked up injuries against the Cowboys on Monday night.

White suffered a season ending knee injury after rupturing his ACL and will undergo reconstructive surgery to repair the injury tomorrow, which requires nine months of recovery time.

It was a devastating blow for the Raiders prop who played all but one of the Raiders NRL Matches in 2011 and had once again started the season in top form.

Raiders utility Joel Thompson is facing between 3-4 weeks on the sideline with an ankle injury, after scans revealed lateral ankle ligament damage.

Raiders Coach David Furner said the team wasn’t going to blame the growing injury toll for the loss to the Cowboys and said he had confidence that the players named this week could some into the team and help the team to a win over New Zealand.

“It’s frustrating and we’ve had our fair share of injuries, but we can’t use it as an excuse,” Furner said. “We’ll have two debutants this week with Jarrad Kennedy and Mark Nicholls who have been in good form for Mounties and they’ll bring energy and excitement to the team.”

“If the 17 players who go onto the field this weekend with the attitude of winning the game we’ll get the win.”

Raider’s representative prop David Shillington hasn’t been named in the side, with his recovery from an oblique injury to be reassessed later in the week.

RAIDERS ROUND 6

1. Reece ROBINSON
2. Blake FERGUSON
3. Jarrod CROKER
4. Shaun BERRIGAN
5. Jack WIGHTON
6. Terry CAMPESE (c)
7. Josh McCRONE
8. Dane TILSE
9. Glen BUTTRISS
10. Tom LEAROYD-LAHRS
11. Joe PICKER
12. Bronson HARRISON
13. Josh PAPALII

Bench:
14. Travis WADDELL
15. Jarrad KENNEDY
16. Sam MATAORA
17. Mark NICHOLLS
Coach: David Furner

NRL INJURIES
Brett WHITE (Knee) Season
Josh DUGAN (Shoulder) Rd 10
Shaun FENSOM (Bicep) Rd 10-12
Trevor THURLING (Knee) Rd 7-8
Joel THOMPSON (Ankle) Rd 9-10
David Shillington (Oblique) Rd 7-8

http://www.raiders.com.au/default.a...le=raiders-nrl-team-list---round-6-v-warriors

ozbash

Referee
VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 GLEN FISIIAHI
2 BILL TUPOU
3 BEN HENRY
4 JEROME ROPATI
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SIONE LOUSI
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 BEN MATULINO
11 FELETI MATEO
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 ELIJAH TAYLOR
Interchange:
14 RUSSELL PACKER
15 UKUMA TA’AI
16 LEWIS BROWN
17 SAM RAPIRA
18 KRISNAN INU

COACH: BRIAN McCLENNAN

shear_joy9

Coach
it's an absolute joke that neither kennedy or nicholls were given a shot last year. Great to see them finally get a game. I'd dump waddell for ioane though.

looking at the mounties lineup from last week, on their day they could probably beat the first grade side. Not a physically big side but full of pace and agility.

aussies1st

Staff member
Am I missing something, aren't both Kennedy or Nicholls back rowers? Would have thought this was the week for Boyd.

Am I missing something, aren't both Kennedy or Nicholls back rowers? Would have thought this was the week for Boyd.

I too thought that but they say Nicholls is a frontrower.

Im surprised they have jumped the line. Ioane had huge wraps on him before his injury , so looks as if he has slipped down the line or out of favour completely.

Id think you might even find Vaughan next in line after Nicholls.

aussies1st

Staff member
Nicholls would have to be the tallest front rower ever, last I checked he was 1.97m.

dougieswim

Juniors
With Nicholls and Kennedy making their debuts, most of that successful Toyota Cup team would have come through the system now??

Nicholls is quite tall but he is also quite fast. Been told through the sources that he is there to cover the forwards but also in case someone goes down in the outside backs he can manage affective cover out there.

aussies1st

Staff member
Pretty sure he filled in at centre, he definitely was listed on back in the u20s. Sami is the one left to come through.

Latest posts