What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd17 vs Tigers post game discussion.

Bazal

Post Whore
I prefer the new option and I prefer that post match comments are separated from all the emotional bullshit in the game day thread that just gets rehashed after every f**king game.

The post match thread would thrive to be honest if people just posted their post match comments and stopped their whiney bitching.

Post emotion.

BogusSadHamster-small.gif

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Baz, why is it so hard to just comment on the game, in an after game thread?. It can't be that hard can it? Seriously, What does it matter what thread it is in? Dividing the threads to before, during and after actually cleans it up.

Hineyz, he's not flogging a dead horse. It's just a discussion thread man.

It's a thread about the game, after the game. Just like there are different threads about the game, before the game, which people stop commenting on once the game day thread is opened.

I find it really funny that it's become an issue. 1st world whining tbh.
I just think why try and fix something that wasn't broken??? This is one of the busiest forums in the whole of LU and there was no reason to change anything.

As Baz says one minute you are replying too a poster Nek Minnitt you are kicked out of the forum you are posting on.

Bazal

Post Whore
There are more nonsense posts and posts about the thread in here than post game talk.

The hint. Take it. LMAO

Djay

Juniors
I thought yesterday was one of our better performances of the year.

It was thoroughly enjoyable to watch us complete at like 89%, complete our sets and kick with variety. Moses' kicking all round was awesome, he kicked long and for field position when needed, he bombed when needed his short kicking game was brilliant. It was also good to see us handle an onslaught from the beginning in a big time match and be level on the scoreboard, only to punch ahead with 2 quick tries before half time. It showed signs of a seasoned, smart and gritty football team. Now, I am not getting ahead of myself here but it was really good to watch. We rolled up field with ease and all our forwards dominated the middle.

Our defence was okay, I thought in the middle it was slightly improved and we didn't let them roll too easily but our defence out wide was a littler concerning. I think we got caught for numbers more then once, which hasn't been a common thing this year. But then in other situations we read it well.

Nrown, Gower, Marata, Paulo, Manu and Lane were all brilliant, in fact the whole pack was good.

Drown was honestly non-existent, I feel like he needed to inject himself into the game but never did. I am not going to bash the kid, his coming off a long long lay off in his debut season and hasn't had any real run of games and is probably lacking a little bit of confidence and match sharpness. I just would like to see him get a little more involved and back himself because we have seen how good he can be when he gets his hands on the ball, I just feel yesterday he was scared to go near the ball.

Good to get the win, that's 3 on the trot and we are in a very good position heading into this post origin period, Sunday will be the real test though. Let's see how we go away from home and up against it, until then I won't be sold.

I thought it was a really good performance from us. Up against it from the refs who seemed very harsh on our guys. Commentators kept saying how it was same number of trys blah blah and yeah it was, because one of theirs was a blatant knock on and we also took the two when in position twice. Definitely looked the superior team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Our defence was okay, I thought in the middle it was slightly improved and we didn't let them roll too easily but our defence out wide was a littler concerning.
You can improve your middle defence by compressing the edges. Obviously that creates space out wide, but at least you're forcing your opponents to throw the pass and risk losing the ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Remember when this forum was full of high quality posters with interesting things to say and every one of them happy to pick you up from the airport? Then Barry turned up. Now the place is nothing but deadshits jibbering at each other in blind rage.

what garbage

there was hardly if any quotes done from the live play afterwards when it was one thread
I disagree mate. There were plenty of replies to posts made earlier. Sometimes dozens from one poster alone. Now we get chucked out of the room mid-conversation, and have no ability to reply to anything posted in there. Why? We don't lock the pre-game thread, so why do we lock this? And if you guys have decided that it's either the new way of doing things or the old, then can we have a simple poll asking people which they prefer and go with that?

Gronk

Staff member
I disagree mate. There were plenty of replies to posts made earlier. Sometimes dozens from one poster alone. Now we get chucked out of the room mid-conversation, and have no ability to reply to anything posted in there. Why? We don't lock the pre-game thread, so why do we lock this? And if you guys have decided that it's either the new way of doing things or the old, then can we have a simple poll asking people which they prefer and go with that?
It’s really not such a big deal.

Latest posts