What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd17 vs Tigers post game discussion.

Gronk

Staff member
Never, but good effort to get the post count up in this failure of a post game thread........
Well at least you merkins are complaining abt the closed thread. Otherwise this site would be a ghost town. Keep up the good work on that front.

Gronk

Staff member
I watched a bit of the game again this morning. Benji was very impressive how he skipped across the defence and hit random runners or poked through the line with a dummy or a shimmy. Dylbo has a lot to learn just to match the speed that Benji plays at.

I think he has the talent to be as good as his kiwi mate. Might take another year or so to play with confidence.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Good win

Positive signs were our middle didn’t let any tries in as usual and they were all scored out wide.

Hoffman contributed to 3 tries (he missed 8 tackles), doesn’t seem quick enough to move across and provide cover. But also both our starting centres are out.

While Moses kicking game was great, controlled the game nicely.

Considering we have gone game / rep round / game / bye / game, it’s probably expected we wouId be a bit “rusty”, but overall it was a good effort.

Eelogical

Referee
Good win

Positive signs were our middle didn’t let any tries in as usual and they were all scored out wide.

Hoffman contributed to 3 tries (he missed 8 tackles), doesn’t seem quick enough to move across and provide cover. But also both our starting centres are out.

Considering we have gone game / rep round / game / bye / game, it’s probably expected we wouId be a bit “rusty”, but overall it was a good effort.
No disagreements with any of this, but we're going to have to play better than that if we're going to get revenge over Manly at Blottoland.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Good win

Over on the right I thought Hoffman has been a pretty good defender. It probably has to do with the fact that Sivo isn't a strong communicator on that side of the field. If Hoffman is over on the right today and Jennings was in the side I don't think we leak as many points as we did. The loss of Jennings is very noticeable in defence.

hindy111

Post Whore
Bro the post numbers are way down all over the site for the past month. We haven’t lost for a while, plus had a bye, so there are are no antagonists, protagonists or even deuteragonists.

Everyone is pretty much agreeing with recruitment, liking our attacking shape and supporting BA with his demotion of established “stars”.

Dare I say that winning is boring ? :thinking:

Your also boring

hindy111

Post Whore
Just remember
N.Cleary was far more hyped up and most think he is a dud.
Same goes for A.Taylor.

D.Brown shows promise and is a kid but his 2 games back have been below W.Smith standard. We are a team destined for finals footy. If he takes a while to find his feet he will be replaced with Salmon who was just starting to find his.
D.Brown is a long term prospect and I reckon this year was seen as a rebuild. Unsure if most thought we could take the title. If so we prob hang onto Norman.

Glenneel

Bench
I liked Kaysa.

But we have seen Mahoney carve up with his running game this season.

I think he is a young player, still finding his feet in First Grade, but he impresses me every week.
Solid without being spectacular, but if he did less tackling he might run more. Needs more involved middles to help in that regard.