What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbed!

Macko8 said:
Exactly.....its a f**king joke.

Im not going to sit here and point out individual performances, but im glad we have only signed dobbo for a year because at this stage i wouldnt keep him beyond that.

You must have utilised the viewers choice and watched a very different game. Dobbo was solid, not spectacular, but solid. His weakness is defence, but there aren't many halfbacks his size who do not struggle with that. He threw some super balls to put Best and co through holes, as well as the ball to put Chalk in for his first. But I guess the fact he missed a few goals means he is the scapegoat? What about Campo bombing 2 tries by taking them on alone instead of passing, or playing the ball like he had given up early? Or is Dobbo easier to blame?

legend

Coach
I too thought Dobbo was very poor apart from the chip kick for Kelly.

With Carney and Weyman back next week, I'd drop Dobson and Tilse and leave teh rest as is.

Something has to be done about the defence where Chalk and Kelly are. It is disgraceful and the Cowboys had a field day down the that side.

A few positives but to come away with nothing is a bitter pill.

Macko8

Juniors
Yeah im not sure kelly is very suitable to wing,although he has pace his not terribly good in the air.

We are still without graham,purtell,weyman,carney and learoyd-lahrs, so theres quite a bit of talent left out of a team who i thought didnt play 2 badly tonight against a full strength cowboys outfit.

Dragon

Coach
Been watching almost every Raiders game and i really feel for you guys. Bullsh*t reffing tonight robbed you and hopefully you guys arent too harsh on Campese, he deserved a hat trick. Cant wait to see Carney comeback next week though.

Chachi

Bench
Did we just time warp back 5 days?

Yes, Bowen and Thurston cut us to shreds on our right all night, but fair dinkum that offside play of theirs was just a disgrace.

And Schif_happens, mate I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from with the Dobbo vs Campese thing, but our number 7 just about lost us that game single handedly tonight. I know that's a really harsh thing to say, and he did do some nice things but for a start those 2 missed conversions were just pathetic and some of his run/pass options and kicks were well below NRL standard. He's got some ability that's for sure, but he's really holding us back right now.

I hope Carney is happy to play at 7 with Campo at 6 from next week because that's the only answer I can see. Bronx was VERY ordinary in reggies and Herbert is a million miles away from First Grade at the moment.

The only other option is Linc at 7 with Hinchy at hooker, but I think we all agree that's a mistake.

Chachi said:
And Schif_happens, mate I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from with the Dobbo vs Campese thing, but our number 7 just about lost us that game single handedly tonight. I know that's a really harsh thing to say, and he did do some nice things but for a start those 2 missed conversions were just pathetic and some of his run/pass options and kicks were well below NRL standard. He's got some ability that's for sure, but he's really holding us back right now.

He was not as bad as made out in that game. People already have preconceptions on his ability, and thus their mind is made up prior to any negative result. He did some good things, and did some bad things. Just like the bloke wearing the #6 jersey(there you go, i didn't even use his name) who created opportunities but also bombed numerous opportunities going it alone instead of feeding his outside men the ball(Gus reckons it was 6 tries bombed, I only got 2). I think Carney will get the nod ahead of him if Carney can go through the alphabet and his cognitive decisions making process is not further damaged, but I am not sure on the Carney/Campo combination altogether. The thing that holds that back is the fact they are both second receivers. For it to work, Campo has to take some initiative and get in at 1st receiver to help Carney out. It's also a pity they both prefer to go down the right side in attack, which further adds complexity to their combination. Meanwhile, Dobbo is a halfback, plays down the left, so there is some balance in the side in that respect.

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Overall a pretty solid performance from our blokes. Prepared to accept a couple of tries by the Cowboys in the first half as I haven't seen too many sides be able to contain Thurston/Bowen for the full 80 mins. The try that did disappoint me was the one identical to last week against the Knights when they kicked in behind the line to score in the corner unopposed, down our right side. Felt a bit sorry for Thurling given injuries he didn't get on until the second half, still think he showed enough to be given another go next week ahead of Jones (Turner may be suspended???). Unfortunately the standard of the referres and video referees in the NRL is dreadful and hopefully "the rub of the green" will go our way next week as it certainly hasn't over the last 2 weeks. Having said that Kelly had every opportunity to shut down Ty Williams before he passed to Bowen when he scored the lenghth of the field try and we should have been penalised for tackling a player in the air late in the game. The holding down in tackles by the Cowboys was the most frustrating thing for me.

legend

Coach
Costigan will be out due to Origin III and Turner may well be suspended but we have Carney and Weyman back and both need to be there against the Tigers. Next week is do or die IMO as if results go against us for the remainder of this round, we'll be fourth last.

Maybe this side for those who want Dobson to stay put:

Zillman
Kelly
Chalk
Best
Milne
Carney
Dobson
Campese
Tongue
Miller
Thompson
Withers
Logan

Weyman
Tilse
Thurling
Jones

Campo at lock would be magic , with Carney (hopefully recovered from head injury ) and Campo's kicking game would set up a great platform. Dobbo's general kicking was poor last night and he should do very little kicking with Carney back.

azza

Juniors
Out of our next four games (Tigers (H), Dragons (A), Titans (H), Storm (A)) we need to win at least 3 to be any chance of a spot in the 8. The storm game is a write off so that means we need to beat the others. Problem is one of them is away and we haven't been consistent enough to put 3 wins together all year.

legend

Coach
We do have a good record against the Dragons though bu the Titans and Tigers are going to be very tough.

Hopefully we'll see Graham and Tom LL back soon as well so we can be as close to full strength as possible.

Macko8

Juniors
I cant help but to think, a combination of campese and carney in the halves will work best.

Im not overly sure henry will bring carney in for this week, although he should be brought back,as we need some results.
It will be round 16 next week and if we dont start stringing some wins together than she'll be all over boys.

he has to make the right decision not only for the team but for some wins

legend

Coach
I'm sure Carney will be back next week against the Tigers. Should be a cracker of a match and one advantage we have is the Tigers are playing MNF this week and teams backing up have pretty poor record, like us and Newcastle losing last night in close games.

We have the skill, kicking game and forwards to win against most teams, but our positional play out wide is something that needs a lot of work unfortunately.

julian87

Juniors
Although he is a five-eighth, Carney needs to play half, with Campo retaining the six jersey.

And scrap all the rumoured signings, lets just go all out to sign Adam Goodes, attack the opposition with kicking and have him in an offside position ready to recover the ball and handball it to either of our wingers or fullback to score after the decision is sent to the video ref.

And btw, I think David Milne and Zillman have been magic in first grade and are both in the position they should play in for most of their career.

d-a-z-z-a

Juniors
I am still unsure if Carney will be back next week.. Dobson has been resigned for a 2nd year, he is nt going to be thrown back into PL next week after one bad performance. However i am sure that out future lies in a Campo at 5/8 and Carney at half, that combination will be the best in the NRL. How long we'll be able to keep it up... time will tell.

By the way its not easy taking on 2 teams... one being a NRL team the other being a bunch of morons who call themselves refs.... absolute joke!!!!.. learn the rules fellas!!!.. im pretty sure refs these days keep to the rules to much.. they need to understand the game better first....

one more thing... how heartbraking was it seeing CAMPO play the ball the wya he did!!!!... heart breaking!!!...

GO THE RAIDERS!!!
GO THE RAIDERS!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts