What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah

Is Robbie Farah made for Origin

• Total voters

brooksy19

Bench
Not an origin player.... bullshit..

It was refreshing to see a hooker that can pass, create chances and not have to resort to niggle, cheap shots and penalties.

Ta Ta Ennis.

smi962

First Grade
He needs to string two or three similar type origin games together, I am always expecting a shocker to follow that.

legend

Coach
Great game by Farah. I class myself as a detractor and he certainly proved me wrong.

He can be the next Benny Elias for NSW.

Joker's Wild

Coach
He regained a lot of faith from me last night with his performance. As much of a legend Bedsy is, Im happy for Robbie to have his spot secure and for Danny to effectively retire from rep footy and concentrate on doing his job for the Knights.

Buhrur was really surplus to requirements and while not a bad player, was really not the right bloke to bring on for a player who could have easily gone the 80min. Will be interesting to see if he is replaced in game 2 with Choc. That would be the smart move imo

Dragon2010

First Grade
I never had doubt in him. Oddly enough I had him down to MOM and should NsW have won he might have pulled close. I said on twitter he was going to have a blinder and prove the doubters wrong and I was not far off in saying that.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Coming from a Knights and QLD supporter here,
I agree he was one of the best on field, however before Bederus got injured everyone was wanting him in the Blues. If Bedsy plays the next few weeks at his high standard, would he not be considered?

Yes, you do need to stand strong on most of your team, but obviously you do need something extra (you did still lose after being, I think, the dominant side for most of the game)

Just a thought. I'd prefer Bedsy to focus on the Knights

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Shows what a loud mouth know-nothing Blocker Roach has become. Hope he grovels to Robbie after this. Amazing to think that Buderus or Ennis would have been picked ahead of him if they were fit. Shudder ...

Juniors
What hasn't been mentioned yet was the passion he showed in defence and in the closing moments after that try was awarded.

As a Tigers fan i tend to look at his so called 'sooking' as passion but after that try was awarded the raw emotion, not the screaming or swearing, but the emotion that was oozing out of his paws was refreshing.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I wasn't the world's biggest Farah fan before last night but he was sensational. Really sharpened our attack, just highlighted how slow and sh*t our dummy-half service has been the past few years with that 5th grade hack Ennis there.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yes, you do need to stand strong on most of your team, but obviously you do need something extra (you did still lose after being, I think, the dominant side for most of the game)

Swapping Robbie for Bedsy would be taking away, not adding something extra. Farahs kicking was the spark we have been missing in the last few series and as much as I love Bedsy, he simply doesnt possess that in his game.

We need to fix our right edge. That is where we fell over last night

Hooch

Juniors
Should have been given a decent run years ago.

On the bright side he will probably every Origin like he has something to prove now.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Farah should have 10 Origins under his belt now. But he doesn't but we have to pick and stick. He did no wrong doing and he tried his guts out. Great service, kicking spark and greats from DH to steal some meters and catch defenders off mark. What more do you want from him?

Boganater

Juniors
Swapping Robbie for Bedsy would be taking away, not adding something extra. Farahs kicking was the spark we have been missing in the last few series and as much as I love Bedsy, he simply doesnt possess that in his game.

We need to fix our right edge. That is where we fell over last night
Farah was awesome. Looks like Beau Scott will be right for game 2 he should be picked for this reason alone.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
What hasn't been mentioned yet was the passion he showed in defence.

The thing is, he defends like that virtually every week. I didn't notice any glaring missed tackles, though the stats say he topped the tackle count for NSW with 40 tackles and 3 missed.

The criticism of his defense has always been misguided and quite frankly, wrong. He got steamrolled by Tony Williams earlier this year, but who wouldn't be when they are 1v1 with him 5 metres out from the line?

Ben Ikin's article summed his defensive style up perfectly yesterday on SMH and made the point that his defensive style is very similar to Cameron Smith.

"Farah is also a very competent defender. One criticism I can't agree with is that his "catching" style of defence has no place in Origin footy. I admire the small men who make strong, low contact in the tackle, but the quick play-the-ball that ensues often corrupts the defensive set.

The modern game requires that defenders control the speed at which a ball carrier is brought down and gets to his feet. This requires that multiple defenders play a role, with the catcher, or grip defender, a very important component.

Funnily, Smith is the NRL' s best exponent of this. And, as NSW try to limit the space given Queensland's once-in-a-generation back line, quality grip defenders will be an asset.

Farah doesn't need to smash people low in tackles to be considered a good defender. He proved that last night.

Latest posts