What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie Farah

ByRd

First Grade
is he gurranted to be the Tigers hooker next year. Because i heard that Galea would get the first shot at dumm-half. He is a great young gun & should start in round 1 next year.

by the way, when does he come off contract because both of our hookers are off contract at the end of 2005 & if they decide to leave i would love to see Farah in blue & white.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
dog4life said:
is he gurranted to be the Tigers hooker next year. Because i heard that Galea would get the first shot at dumm-half. He is a great young gun & should start in round 1 next year.

Some people say he won't be ready until round 4 to come back from his injury however Farrah himself said he will be ready for round 1.

Should he be thrown into the top grade after missing the vast majority of PL last year ??? I don't think he should be - give him a few games in PL or during the trials to get his match touch back and then let him carve sides up in the top grade ;-)

dog4life said:
by the way, when does he come off contract because both of our hookers are off contract at the end of 2005 & if they decide to leave i would love to see Farah in blue & white.

His contract ends in 05

Spike

First Grade
It's also no secret that the Bulldogs are Farah's favourite team so the Tigers management if they are smart (which they aren't) should be trying to get his signature for a few more years asap before the dogs have the chance

brook

First Grade
I think they are waiting to see how he returns from injury

while I agree that he should be our top priority I do understand this stance

He's had real trouble with his ankle over the last couple of years (with surgery again this off-season) coupled with a bad knee injury...I guess they are taking the view that there is no guarentees he'll come back the same player

if that is their reasoning though they'll have to act fast as soon as he does get back on the field 'cause he's not a player we want unsigned come july 1.

having said that if he gains the starting hooker spot this year I don't think he'll leave us, not even for the dogs, they are his team but he's happy with the tiges and good mates with a lot of our up and comers

the best thing about these kids is that they do WANT to stick together - robbie has turned down much higher offers to stay with us in the past.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Spike said:
It's also no secret that the Bulldogs are Farah's favourite team so the Tigers management if they are smart (which they aren't) should be trying to get his signature for a few more years asap before the dogs have the chance

He also played in the Bulldog lower ranks I beleave as well, I think he should be one of the top players resigned for at least 2 seasons how ever he has of late had a few injury problems and sure if he was a seasoned top grade footballer this would be ok but he hasn't had a full season of training with the top grade squad he has only had about 3mths up until he got injured during the 04 season.

He still has a fair bit to prove at the club for him to stay but if he comes back from injury the same player that he was before his injury then I think it will be a safe bet that the WTS will attempt to retain him well before the deadline passes in which the Bulldogs would no doubt pounce on him!

testeagles

Juniors
leigh bowman if he recovers fully from his broken leg will and should be the starting hooker for the wests tigers after taking his team in france to the grandfinal and wiining.
he is currently in the premier league squad

brook

First Grade
testeagles said:
leigh bowman if he recovers fully from his broken leg will and should be the starting hooker for the wests tigers after taking his team in france to the grandfinal and wiining.

no chance in hell

I'm a big fan of Leigh's, he's a Balmain junior and a great player who's played over 100 games for the tigers

but that really says it all - he has played over 100 games for us without once getting a shot at first grade - despite the fact that our first grade hookers were nowhere near the same standard as robbie.

He's a hard worker and as dependable as they come but he just isn't in the same class, in actual fact I doubt he'll gain the number 9 jersey for PL - that will go to shultz

If Leigh makes the team (PL not Wests Tigers) its more likely to be at lock - and he'll be under pressure there

I really do like leigh as a player and have said for the past couple of years that he's good enough to be a chance of first grade at some clubs - wests tigers aren't one of those clubs.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
testeagles said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: He isn't even contracted to the WTS

innsaneink

Referee
Mighty Tiger said:
testeagles said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: He isn't even contracted to the WTS

So he cant play for them if form warrants it?????

Mighty Tiger

Bench
innsaneink said:
So he cant play for them if form warrants it?????

Even if he plays above his potential I am 99% positive he won't run around for the Wests Tigers!

Considering he will be playing lock for Balmain and not Hooker because of Ronald and even then he will be very lucky to make the starting line up.

The only possible way he would play in the top grade as a Hooker would be if at least Galea, Farrah, Reynolds, Halatau, De Gios, Schultz and Fitzy all get injured.

What I was laughing at was at the comments related to "will and should be the starting hooker for the wests tigers after taking his team in france to the grandfinal and wiining"

The froggy league is regarding lower than the English 2nd division league and our JF league and yet he only got the players player award in 1 game and even then failed to get MOM honours.

When he was running around for Balmain I thought he was one of the most underated players playing for Balmain however in saying that there was not the same compition as there is now alone for the Hooker role as there was back then let alone in the Backrow/Lock position.

testeagles

Juniors
just have a look at his try scoring ability alone !!!
personally played with both players and know who i would pick!!!
saying that he is having trouble with his leg last i heard

Mighty Tiger

Bench
testeagles said:
just have a look at his try scoring ability alone !!!
saying that he is having trouble with his leg last i heard

There is more to being a Hooker than the try scoring ability (he has only scored 17 tries for Balmain in just over 100 games BTW)

His technique compared to Farrah's and Schultz's is by far and away in a much lower class - Bowman is more of a 5/8 or Lock who performed well at Hooker when required but it wasn't his best position.

General play thinking, last tackles options, kicking game, ball distribution from the ground (and not after 1 step), balls in front of the player hitting them on the chest etc would all be in both Schultz and Farrah's strongest areas over Leaigh however his defence around the ruck would probably be higher than the both of them (but you would expest than from a 100 game PL vet)

I have seen both Robbie and Leigh and also whilst working with Balmain did a hell of alot of stats on both players and I know who I would prefer to be selected in the Hooking role (and so does the coach of both PL and FG!)

1 last thing no player in the PL compition could play 100 plus games without being offered a 1st grade contract by another club (if he was indeed good enough) and a year in France will infact make clubs more against signing him in the top grade as it is a hell of alot weaker over there than what it is over here!

brook

First Grade
testeagles said:

sure you did :roll:

alright then fess up with a name - and don't give me any 'it was in juniors' crap 'cause theres a 5 year difference between the two.

Miracle Balls

Juniors
Spike said:
It's Ben Kusto!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Reality is that you'd probably sell your soul to have had a quarter of the footy experiences that young Kusto has had.

Buy yourself another pie Nuffie.

Spike

First Grade
Oh yes, the old compare yourself to a crappy footy player that has at least tasted first grade. Please, as a hater of Kusto, I'll bag the sh*t out of him anytime I choose to with or without your rightous verbal horse sh*t. In reality, I've probably achieved more off the field than Kusto will in his life. Next you'll be telling me Lee Murphy and Trent Runciman are kings among men in rugby league circles. :roll:

Miracle Balls

Juniors
Actually Kusto, Murphy and Runciman probably wouldn't rank among the greatest players I've ever seen, but unlike a fundamentally pathetic fool like yourself I feel no need to be a "hater" of any one of them. Pea hearts like yourself always set the bar way higher for others than they ever do for themselves. Glad you're proud of yourself "off the field", but don't bring Kusto into it, you have no idea who he is or what he may have achieved as a young man in his private life.

Hope young Harrison, Fulton, Farah & company fulfil their potential, even if it's only to be spared your "hatred". Idiot.

Collateral

Coach
Miracle Balls said:
Actually Kusto, Murphy and Runciman probably wouldn't rank among the greatest players I've ever seen, but unlike a fundamentally pathetic fool like yourself I feel no need to be a "hater" of any one of them. Pea hearts like yourself always set the bar way higher for others than they ever do for themselves. Glad you're proud of yourself "off the field", but don't bring Kusto into it, you have no idea who he is or what he may have achieved as a young man in his private life.

Hope young Harrison, Fulton, Farah & company fulfil their potential, even if it's only to be spared your "hatred". Idiot.

Totally agree.