What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie O'davis

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
What a blinder he had. He played pretty safe all year, but if he played like he did tonight all year, it would have taken a very brave man to not offer him a new contract. Well done Robbie!

Missa

Juniors
ditto bihk.....he was awesum.....he never gives up and that tackle he made on hornby was superb......otherwise i think it was going to be try time...well done robbie :clap: :clap:

thuganomics

Coach
I still hope that there is a chance that he may still play for us next year. Im praying. He just shows so much passion and pride when he plays for the knights.

Bella

Juniors
thuganomics said:
I still hope that there is a chance that he may still play for us next year. Im praying. He just shows so much passion and pride when he plays for the knights.

I agree.
Its great to see how much heart he plays with, despite not knowing if he'll be there next year. He just gives everything to the game and to the team.
Well done, Robbie.

Alex28

Coach
he did miss a tackle that lead to a try in the second half...

i understand the guy is loved by the knights fans but why so many posts for him? how exactly is it brave to let him go?

brave would be letting Seage go to keep O'Davis. we cant have everything people - the sooner people look towards the future rather than looking after our past, the better. management have started - why cant our fans?

Johns Magic

Referee
Alex28 said:

i understand the guy is loved by the knights fans but why so many posts for him? how exactly is it brave to let him go?

brave would be letting Seage go to keep O'Davis. we cant have everything people - the sooner people look towards the future rather than looking after our past, the better. management have started - why cant our fans?

Exactly. Everyone is complaining that the management do a lousy job in regards to purchasing and keeping players. Yet when they do something good it is unfair. Robbie'O has been good, yes. But everyone gets past their best and retires. Dawn Fraser, Donald Bradman, Clive Churchill. They all had to give up in the end, and sadly, it is time for Robbie to hang up the boots as well.

How do you expect the club to get better if it keeps taking backwards steps?

Alex28

Coach
he had a bit of time to line him up and it was reasonably predictable he was going to step to Robbie's left - i know it was hard but ever since he's put his tale of woe to the media he's being made out to be the best player ever here. we need some perspective...

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
He may be getting on in years, but he is still amazing under the high ball, always has been. I don't know how long it will be untill we get a fullback close to that aspect of a fullbacks game.

StGeorge

Juniors
Alex28 wrote:

Exactly. Everyone is complaining that the management do a lousy job in regards to purchasing and keeping players. Yet when they do something good it is unfair. Robbie'O has been good, yes. But everyone gets past their best and retires. Dawn Fraser, Donald Bradman, Clive Churchill. They all had to give up in the end, and sadly, it is time for Robbie to hang up the boots as well.

How do you expect the club to get better if it keeps taking backwards steps?

exactly, you cant have it both ways can you, once these young players will come through the knights will again be a force for years to come

antonius

Coach
I just knew this would come up again, yes nobody argues O'Davis is one of the safest fullbacks in the game, and yes he is brave etc, etc. But that's where it starts and ends, he is injury prone, has lost his speed and step, and the simple fact is it's time to move on, there simply isn't any money there to keep him, what would you rather do let players like Tighe, Snowden, Seage, or Kidley go, and keep O'Davis? No of course not. He's been a great player over a long period of time, and will always be a legend at the club, but it's time to move on, Hornby made 4 line breaks last night, how many did Robbie make?

Alex28

Coach
Bring it home Knights said:
He may be getting on in years, but he is still amazing under the high ball, always has been. I don't know how long it will be untill we get a fullback close to that aspect of a fullbacks game.

*cough*david seage*cough*

to be quite frank, Seage looked better in the 3 weeks he played than O'Davis has at any stage this year.

General Knight

Juniors
I reckon Robbie should work for knights next year coaching our fullbacks - Seage, Salkeld, Young, etc. If there such thing as a Fullback coach. He would be a great mentor for our guys next year.

thuganomics

Coach
Alex28 said:
Bring it home Knights said:

*cough*david seage*cough*

to be quite frank, Seage looked better in the 3 weeks he played than O'Davis has at any stage this year.

Well how do we know Seage wont be as injury prone as O'davis has been, the bloke has already torn his ACL and re injured it.

stubbsie

Juniors
CCGenerals Posted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:40 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reckon Robbie should work for knights next year coaching our fullbacks - Seage, Salkeld, Young, etc. If there such thing as a Fullback coach. He would be a great mentor for our guys next year.

I couldn't agree more

Alex28

Coach
positional coach? the club doesn't even have dedicated forwards and backs coaches! coaching for the the knights is a very half arsed effort really - they wont hire him to coach a few players.