What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

robbie paul and les vainacokacola

ozbash

Referee
whats the guts here sportsfans ?
the beeb has put out stories that these 2 have been released by bradford for the test next friday.

it begs the question,, do we need them ?
is it worth coming all the way from pomgolia for 1 game,, no bonding,team building ?

personally, i think we have both positions covered. dunno if they are bringing robbie over for fullback or 5/8....

Kakihara

Juniors
We definitly need Robbie.

Our Five eighth position is crap and anyone expecting Thomas Leuiua to have another type of game like last years North Harbour game is dreaming and is probarbly named James.

Vanikolo i'm not sure about as i'd have Meli and Utai there.

LeagueNut

First Grade
The other question is did we go after just these two or are they the only two that have been released?

ThrashViking

Juniors
Richard Swain,Logan Swann,Joe Vagana,Lesley Vainokola & Robbie Paul-5 players who wouldnt look out of place in a Kiwis jumper-Im suprise only 2 of those 5 are coming over or is this not that case?I was under the assumption that Swain would be a shoe-in for the hooking role.Meh,I'll comment on it when the side is actually selected.

tHe_MaC

Juniors
Yes. Both. Definately.

Vanikolo is on Fire. 5 Tries against Wigan.
Why would you bother having Meli there he has been ordinary along with the other Warriors.

Paul for his experience. And the fact we have no other 5/8's
UseUseLess is well useless and living off his dad's name.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Of course we need them. Robbie has versatility written all over him, he's our answer to Craig Wing. Bringing Vainokola over covers one of our wings or frees Meli up to use as a bench option. Plus there is a question over whether Meli would be selected.

I'm hoping they bring Swain over as well, we sure as hell need him. Latu is not up to test footy at this stage of recovery.

Skinner

Coach
Robbie Paul is there to back up Tavita if needed. Don't get me wrong,
Swainy has been a bloody good hooker but his test days are probably
over (unless he moves back down our way again).

Skinner

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Skinner from the sideline said:
Robbie Paul is there to back up Tavita if needed. Don't get me wrong,
Swainy has been a bloody good hooker but his test days are probably
over (unless he moves back down our way again).

Skinner
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice one Skinner, as if one of the Paul Bros would ever be backup to anybody!! (in League that is)

Anonymous

Juniors
Vainokolo is a fantastic player, he was our no.1 winger before he went to Bradford and I doubt that's changed (admittedly Utai and Meli have emerged but Vainokolo is bigger and better than both.)

Robbie Paul is obviously the best no.6 available. I also would have loved to have Joe Vagana over the last few years, although he may be past his best now.

aqua_duck

Coach
Vainokolo is a great player but he's getting too big almost, he's up to about 112kg now and isn't as quick as he use to be when he was about 100kg.

Anonymous

Juniors
Vainokolo looks good cause he is playing in an inferior competition.

He also looked good playing in the NRL. Infact he looked pretty good playing in tests against the Kangaroos.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Please tell me you are joking Skinner.

I rate Latu highly and hope he gets his fitness back. But I will be very surprised and bemused if he is selected for the Kiwis on his current fitness levels.

Swain is an 80 minute footballer and for a hooker that is very admirable indeed, especially for the workload he gets through. I do hope he hasn't lost too much of that.

ripper

RB30DETT said:
Vainokolo looks good cause he is playing in an inferior competition.

Scoring 5 tries against any oppistion is no easy thing to do.

Ecspecially a team like Wigan who could probaly make the NRL Top 4 (Top 8 at least)

I mean, was the last time someone scored 5 tries in the NRL (Apart from Melis Rampage)

ripper

Would NZ Rugby Leagues Favourite Son Henry Paul be eligible for the Kiwis if he wanted to play for us again?

Id say hed rather do that then sitting on the bench in Dame Woodwards team

Bullseye

Juniors
Vainikolo may have put on weight but it's in the right places. He's twice the player he was when he joined in 2002. Back then he was very unreliable under the kick. Nowadays he's solid and has come up with a few 100 metre kick returns notably vs Wigan and Leeds.

As for Paul he's been out with a long term arm injury. Just got back in the past few weeks and is looking fresh and raring to go. He's still got a great step and good pace of the mark. As far as kicking is concerned you're mixing him up with his brother who plays union for Gloucester now.

Latest posts