What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui

smi962

First Grade
Was that Lui best game for Tiger's last night?

I haven't seen all his games, but was impressed with his defence and his ball playing last night

Vic Mackey

Referee
I actually hope benji misses one game early next year (just a minor injury) because I think if Lui has becomes the main play maker for just that one game, he will really come into his own.

Anyone who saw him play in the 20s from the age of 17 knew he was going to be a star. He started off first grade slowly but the second half of the season was awesome

aussies1st

Staff member
Easily the best I've seen from him, him and Benji will be one lethal combo next season.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Easily his best game, both in attack and defence.

Looked dangerous everytime he had the ball and made some good tackles.

He cops it alot, but IMO will develop into a fine player.

IMO he needs to kick more, to take the pressure of Marshall and Farah.

veintitres

Juniors
I think young Lui grew in stature in 2010 and he will be a much better player in 2011. Tim Sheens will have a potent attacking side in 2011, especially with the impressive Tim Moltzen to return to the Tigers backline.

applesauce

Bench
It's too bad he threw that forward pass in such good field position late in the game, Tigpies would probably of went on to win it.

Great game but.

boxhead

First Grade
Robert Lui has really developed over the course of this season, a fine young player that is a perfect fit for the Tigers; a calm and quiet play-maker that can manage the play outside of Robbie Farah and Benji marshall.
The problem is what to do when Tim Moltzen comes back......no way they will drop Robert Lui IMO, and they will definitely stick with Wade McKinnon at fullback and Tuqiri/Tuiaki on the wings.....creates an interesting situation :?

Greenbits

Juniors
Robert Lui has really developed over the course of this season, a fine young player that is a perfect fit for the Tigers; a calm and quiet play-maker that can manage the play outside of Robbie Farah and Benji marshall.
The problem is what to do when Tim Moltzen comes back......no way they will drop Robert Lui IMO, and they will definitely stick with Wade McKinnon at fullback and Tuqiri/Tuiaki on the wings.....creates an interesting situation :?

We'll take him

Perth Tiger

Bench
Easily the best game from Lui. He showed that he has the goods to make in the top grade but who knows how sheens will fit him, Moltzen and Benji in the same team because Moltzen is a very poor fullback but a very good half

simmo1

First Grade
Copped a lot of unwarranted flak from impatient Tigers fans at the beginning of the year, but has really progressed nicely. He'll probably get first shot at halfback next year over Moltzen, who will probably come off the bench imo.

He's a good half. Checked to see that he's only 20 years old... Geez some Tigers fans have really been giving him a hard time.

Give him 2 years or so, he'll be great

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Robert Lui the most improved player in the comp,they still have Tim Moltzen in the basement also along with Bunji Marshall

Tigers should make the 8 again next season.

mepelthwack

Juniors
If you're really only as good as your last game then Lui's in for a great off-season!

I think he came of age v St.george Illawarra in the 2010 semis, what a magnificent performance.

Sam H

Juniors
Lui has been playing really well for the last month. Last night just capped it off.

He had a slow start this year but for a 20 year old - and probably our second choice halfback, no less - he has done remarkably well. Good on him.

Latest posts