What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robsons post match rant

SET2JT

Juniors
Having a go at Aitken for staying down to milk a penalty. Hahahaha the on field ref gave it a penalty not the vido ref.

j0nesy

Bench
The Roosters were lucky not to go down 20 nil, some poor refereeing is what kept them in the game

FlameThrower

Bench
Not once in the his post match did he even mention "the Dragons" or " St George Illawarra " we were just "they"

rasaint

Juniors
Said elsewhere Napa's swing arm to Aiken jaw is what hurt Aiken, not the 1 st high shoulder type contact which looked a bit shoulder charge to me anyway. JWH probably go to judiciary for his swing arm to Widdolph head in 1 st half when Widdolph on ground. Looked pretty ordinary to me.

Highland Saint

Juniors
Said elsewhere Napa's swing arm to Aiken jaw is what hurt Aiken, not the 1 st high shoulder type contact which looked a bit shoulder charge to me anyway. JWH probably go to judiciary for his swing arm to Widdolph head in 1 st half when Widdolph on ground. Looked pretty ordinary to me.

^^This. Jake Friend trying to defend his grub saying the call of "high" was wrong from the initial contact. Maybe if Napa stops jumping off the ground to tackle guys half a foot shorter he'll stop hitting high.

As for Robinson singling out a young player with 6 games under his belt and trying to use him to use him as a poster boy for taking a dive, what a class act....

Did anyone else catch in the game jake friend throwing a punch at merrin after he played the ball not sure if it connected but nothing has been said of that, in my opinion only a team struggling will point the blame everywhere else but where the problem truly lies
An as for singling out young Aitken that truly shows what kind of losers they are truly disappointed with that never have liked the roosters before this but I did respect Robinson as a coach till now just plain pathetic to try put that on a kid so young an early in his playing days

Mr Red

First Grade
It did look like Aiken stayed down for the penalty, and Honestly I think Mary will probably have a chat to him and remove that from his game.
But seriously for the chooks to think that was the difference between the two teams is laughable, we dominated for all but 5 mins of the match, and the refs poor decisions heavily were in favour of them

hermidale1

Juniors
Have a look at the tackle in slow motion. Napa's shoulder made contact with Aitken's head. Robinson is clutching at straws for excuses of their loss. They should just get over it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Have a look at the tackle in slow motion. Napa's shoulder made contact with Aitken's head. Robinson is clutching at straws for excuses of their loss. They should just get over it.
It was plain as day. Contact with the head. Robinson is either blind or kidding himself, either option isn't a good look for him.

FlameThrower

Bench
It did look like Aiken stayed down for the penalty, and Honestly I think Mary will probably have a chat to him and remove that from his game.
But seriously for the chooks to think that was the difference between the two teams is laughable, we dominated for all but 5 mins of the match, and the refs poor decisions heavily were in favour of them

...Napa had a second shot with swinging arm.....so either a shoulder charge to Aitkens head or the whinging arm later....I don't think Aitken faked it...but the game is 80 mins, Pearce went missing, and JWH cheap shot merchant and standing over a player is his style.....

Robinson, showed us little in respect of being the better team...bottom line we are cut price team, playing out of our skins on pride and team spirit. And they are loaded with rep and internationals with a bottomless pit salary cap. Interestingly over on Rorters forum, not a single word or post about the Anzac game....

BrissyRedV

Bench
The penalty was already blown and was not given by the video ref. The video ref only recommended it to be put on report. And who can really blame Euan for staying down for a breather? He had just had a guy twice the size of him hit him in the head with a shoulder and then a swinging arm! Kudos to Euan for even getting up!

BrissyRedV

Bench
And really, the shot being put on report is consistent with what has gone on with any contact with the head has been. ie. Dylan Farrell on the bronco player last week whose name escapes me.

St Georgio

Juniors
OMG I can't believe the rant, fmd they were lucky not too lose by 20, the referees fair dinkum kept the rorters in the game, they are holding our players down longer in every ruck play...all day long, shocking call not to check Farrell's try..f off rorter coach!

RedVEddie

Juniors
There was an obvious swinging arm after the initial contact, the initial contact was questionable as the first contact was the arm to the chest. When you watch the replay Aitken is stll good when he gets hit, its the swinging arm that got him down.

If anything is an embarassment to the game it is the coach Robinson, what happened to sportsmanship and accepting a loss at the hands of the better team on the day. The refereeing was not the best, and poor calls were made against both teams. The Roosters had no attack, both of their tries were poor defensive lapses by the Saints (dugan drop and aitken turning his back). Was Maloney even playing?

Mustang2

Juniors
That's absolutely priceless ! The grub J.W.H. accusing Aitken of faking injury when he's just faked a 6-month pectoral tear injury which healed in a week ?!?!

Latest posts