What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocket Rod "The Bod" Jensen bound for England

nqboy

First Grade
LINK

North Queensland utility Rod Jensen has been granted a release and will link with English Super League club Huddersfield as soon as next week. Jensen, 28, has been with North Queensland since 2004 after stints with Canberra (1999-2003) and the now defunct Adelaide Rams (1998). He has played 58 games for North Queensland and a total of 103 first grade matches. Jensen is expected to fly out to England on Tuesday.

"Rod approached the club a short time ago with regard to future options of playing in the English Super League given qualification status required to attain places in that competition," Cowboys boss Peter Parr said. "After much deliberation the club has reluctantly agreed to support his request for a release. Rod is a highly regarded member of the club and this community so the decision was a very difficult and contentious one. In the same breath the opportunity for Rod to pursue a future in England was right and we did not want to rob him of that request."

That's a shame for the Cowboys. He was brilliant in their run to the GF in 2005, less so in 2006, but recently had started recovering his best form and we were a better team when he was in the 14 hersey.

He never recovered from Patty's palm to his face after 34 minutes of the grand final did
Marshall skips away marshall skips away .... richards outside now inside ...
Oops i've just shot my ...

innsaneink

Referee
already a thread about this....seems todgers " must create as many threads as possible' syndrome is catching.

Jensens a washed up hack anyway....no loss.

Bomber

Bench
One of my all-time favourite Cowboys, always gave his best in whatever position he was asked to play and was usually pretty dependable. I used to go to boarding school with him as well, so there's a bit of sentimentality there.

I agree with the basic premise of Ink's post though - time to move on.

Leek UK

Juniors
Bomber said:
One of my all-time favourite Cowboys, always gave his best in whatever position he was asked to play and was usually pretty dependable. I used to go to boarding school with him as well, so there's a bit of sentimentality there.

I agree with the basic premise of Ink's post though - time to move on.
Useful info Bomber,hope he proves to be a good signing,hes coming into a team in top form too.

themanonthehill said:
He never recovered from Patty's palm to his face after 34 minutes of the grand final did
Marshall skips away marshall skips away .... richards outside now inside ...
Oops i've just shot my ...

Pat Richards is one of the worst wingers i have ever seen - total garbage.

Bazal

Post Whore
The Original Eye said:
Pat Richards is one of the worst wingers i have ever seen - total garbage.

Yup...he certainly showed that in the 2005 grand final too :roll::crazy: