What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin III - Wed 17 Jul - QLD 4-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Queensland

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • New South Wales

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

no name

Coach
Not picking Api and picking Jake for his little cameos AND making him captain were terrible calls. All's well that ends well I guess
I absolutely agree that Api should have been there. I heard a counter argument saying that maybe Api is too creative which will take away from the Blues power game. I can kinda live with that but would prefer Api playing.
Jake’s off field stuff must really have an effect on the team and the boys seem to love him.
Also, someone is always going to end up with limited minutes, not the worst ploy in the world to have that player be a starter.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I absolutely agree that Api should have been there. I heard a counter argument saying that maybe Api is too creative which will take away from the Blues power game. I can kinda live with that but would prefer Api playing.
Jake’s off field stuff must really have an effect on the team and the boys seem to love him.
Also, someone is always going to end up with limited minutes, not the worst ploy in the world to have that player be a starter.
Api can play any role you want. For Penrith he never overplayed his hand.

Vic Mackey

Referee
If Madge wants future NRL success he needs to go the Bennett/Boyd route and have senior players follow him around who have his back.

We had Burgess, Sutton and Inglis backing him saying to the other players "If you want to win, this is what it takes". Once he lost them (cough Arizona cough), he lost the group.

Anyway, at Origin he has 17 of those blokes. As long as he picks the right side, with Slater coaching QLD - we should have some very good series over the next few years.

Yep agree. I think Madge is a good coach for good players. He was never a coach for a rebuild.

Panther Mike

Juniors
Great to see NSW finally lift the Shield again obviously and for Dylan to get Man of the Match. Long time coming but no man is more consistent.
Romey again showed he has what it takes at this level with that assist for Best as well.

Klein sucked (sending up that late kick chase as a possible QLD penalty try 🤣) but fortunately he was pretty ordinary for both teams…

Munky

Coach
He's totally the kind of prick that would only mouth off at you if he was standing behind his mates, then if you came at him he'd laugh and go "What's the matter bro, you triggered!?"

Needs to be flattened

When Murray was sin binned Yeo was like "whatever we'll just get on with it"

DCE was whining and looked like he wanted to cry when Nanai went to the bin.

Guess which one has won 85% of his games as a captain.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
When Murray was sin binned Yeo was like "whatever we'll just get on with it"

DCE was whining and looked like he wanted to cry when Nanai went to the bin.

Guess which one has won 85% of his games as a captain.
Tbf he was complaining about Murray not being sent rather than Nanai being binned.

We got lucky with Kleins made up sub a mate call.

Anon

Bench
On FOX even QLD'ers Tallis and Billy Moore pretty much aknowledge this will happen and tonight Pearce and Woods said much the same thing. Braith Anasta also said he was concerned about the Blues copping it from the officials as if it's a forgone conclusion.

When it does happen (and I believe it will) it will just confirm the game is stage managed rather than referees just enforcing the rules. No better than WWE.
To be fair to Klein he certainly didnt arse rape the blues and didnt let QLD get away with their blatant cheating like I expected he would although checking that play at the end for a potential penalty try was a bit over the top.

Wizardman

First Grade
He's totally the kind of prick that would only mouth off at you if he was standing behind his mates, then if you came at him he'd laugh and go "What's the matter bro, you triggered!?"

Needs to be flattened
I have never really noticed it in his game until this Origin series. He is actually a very grubby player.

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
Laurie Daley 1994 - QLD win game 1 - NSW come back win decider at Suncorp.

Danny Buderus 2005 - QLD win game 1 - NSW come back win decider at Suncorp.

Jake Trbojevic 2024 - QLD win game 1 - NSW come back win decider at Suncorp.

Only three times have we won a decider in QLD.

Three legendary NSW captains, immortality.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
Edwards best on field my ass. He was better than I thought but not even close. Next minute you will claim yeo was great. Nothing more than a poor man's Nathan Brown.
But it doesn't matter really does it. NSW won and thats all that counts .
At least a older didn't get player of the series 😀