What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rogue One: A Star Wars story

Frederick

Staff member
It's probably just reshoots to insert Spiderman into battle scenes.

I have faith

shiznit

Coach
Ahhh shit.... That was my biggest fear...

I was hoping with these spin off stories they would have a chance to do something a bit different... Go away from the normal Star Wars format and give themselves a chance to be a bit more daring...

Too bad the exec's weren't brave enough...

LESStar58

Referee
We always knew it would be a war movie. No Jedi, just an ordinary rabble up against the might of the Empire. Yet Disney are saying it is too far from the mothership?

I was expecting these spin offs to have the ability to get a bit grittier and darker. Looks like it'll end up being too light and fluffy.

bileduct

Coach
Sounds like a bunch of people are getting upset about something the know absolutely nothing about.

sandshark

Bench
40-50 percent reshoots
new people coming in to tweak some stuff inc script, production etc.
Disney want a more family friendly movie to interest a younger audience.

new leaks coming out every day about director getting unwanted "help" to finish the movie the way that Disney wants it.

Anybody having doubts over the film? 6 months away..
Directors never have the final say these days.. Money is everything.

Zoidberg

First Grade
She has the potential to be a bigger sci fi icon than Ellen Ripley IMO.

Anyone has potential to do that. The actual likelihood isn't great though.
And yeah, her line delivery that we've seen haven't been great imo, hopefully just because we're seeing them out of context.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I was getting a bit worried with rumours on the reshoots that they were filtering out the "war" feeling of this movie, but watching that promo puts those thoughts at ease. Based on that, it looks exactly how I want it to.

LESStar58

Referee
So from the Celebration Reel I could see that in addition to Mon Mothma they were also bringing back General Dodonna (the guy doing the briefing on the Death Star plans in New Hope for those of you who are wondering who the f**k I'm talking about)...

Then I read this...

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/08/j...is-evolvement-in-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/

Ponda Baba? Cornelius Evazan? I totally had a nerdgasm!!!

Also, I like the fact that they can bring Jimmy Smits back and also have the woman who played Mon Mothma in Episode 3 before her scenes were left on the cutting room floor. Just really subtle things that tie the prequel Trilogy to the new series of films but also having those minor chatacters from the Holy Trilogy make glorifed cameos (the guys who Obi Wan smacks down in the Mos Eisley Cantina) as well. It placates the fan boys like me and shows that Disney are treating ALL of the films with revenence.

I myself will do what I did last year... watched all 6 films 6 nights before going to TFA. Will do the prequels before Rogue One.