What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rogue One: A Star Wars story

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
My wife and I were debating Rogue one ending last night.

I'm hoping for total tragedy.

I'm thinking tragedy will be involved. Considering it's a prequel and we know most of the new characters aren't around for the original series, it doesn't bode well for their longevity.

LESStar58

Referee
Also, the trailer suggests to ME that the Death Star is opertational. This had better not be true as all systems were not operational until New Hope. If it blows up a planet before Alderaan I will be very unimpressed.

As for Jynn... I reckon they'll keep her around for cameos and minor roles in the Han Solo films or perhaps other stand alone films. It's also rumored that the Rogue One reshoots were also done to have the young Han Solo make an apperance.

We'll see. It will be December before we know it!

But how much earlier than Star Wars is this? Considering Leia was dashing off with the stolen plans, you'd think it'd tie in closely with that end.

Also, I wonder if there are any Bothan spies? I know, I know...Death Star 2. But...it'd be nice to see one.

LESStar58

Referee
But how much earlier than Star Wars is this? Considering Leia was dashing off with the stolen plans, you'd think it'd tie in closely with that end.

Also, I wonder if there are any Bothan spies? I know, I know...Death Star 2. But...it'd be nice to see one.

Okay... bear in mind this is NOT a saga film. It fits the Star Wars time line but I honestly can't see Rogue One ending and New Hope beginning immediately after the events of the former. Hell, at this stage they can't even decide if they think the opening crawl is appropriate for the stand alone films. I think they have written and edited the movie in such a fashion that the events do not allow for us to know what happens next... even though we KNOW what happens next.

I think we'll seem them acquire the plans... but we won't see how they are given/transmitted to Princess Leia on board the Tantive IV.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I expect Obi Wan references throughout the film. They have to show some involvement with him and the rebellion

LESStar58

Referee
I expect Obi Wan references throughout the film. They have to show some involvement with him and the rebellion

There might be one or two but don't expect the film to be littered with references to him. Bear in mind that Bail Organa is in Rogue One and obviously he has a relationship with Obi Wan from the prequel Trilogy and Leia is on her way to try and enlist him before she is captured in New Hope.

But he's not involved with getting the Rebellion together as he's hiding out on Tattooine.

Okay... bear in mind this is NOT a saga film. It fits the Star Wars time line but I honestly can't see Rogue One ending and New Hope beginning immediately after the events of the former. Hell, at this stage they can't even decide if they think the opening crawl is appropriate for the stand alone films. I think they have written and edited the movie in such a fashion that the events do not allow for us to know what happens next... even though we KNOW what happens next.

I think we'll seem them acquire the plans... but we won't see how they are given/transmitted to Princess Leia on board the Tantive IV.

I just thought the Mon Mothma stuff was set on Yavin 4 that'd give the tie in.

But I also didn't mean the movie finishes and voila, Leia is doing the bolt on the Tantive IV.

That said - and it's probably lame to some - the whole family sat around watching the trailer again and made a pact to read no more spoilers/watch any more trailers.

LESStar58

Referee
I just thought the Mon Mothma stuff was set on Yavin 4 that'd give the tie in.

But I also didn't mean the movie finishes and voila, Leia is doing the bolt on the Tantive IV.

That said - and it's probably lame to some - the whole family sat around watching the trailer again and made a pact to read no more spoilers/watch any more trailers.

That pisses me off. Why Yavin 4? They should show us the base on Dantooine!

You can also see Jan Dodonna in the trailer. #geekingout

LESStar58

Referee
Ahhhh. The plot thickens.

Interior shots look remarkably like the base on Yavin though.

It could go one of two ways; they pander to the fan boys like me and show us Dantooine or they play it safe and shown the casual movie going audiences a location they already know in Yavin. Methinks they lean towards the latter.