What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron Coote

Dragon David

First Grade
Can Smith will get his chance. He is odds on with those records. Dare I say one of the greatest ever? What would our record be if we had him 2005-2013 ?
Cam Smith was an outstanding rugby league player. Tough as teak and never injured (only minor if anything). Great hooker and great goal kicker to boot. Captained the Storm to win premierships and captained the SOO and Test games. He is a legend.

Had he been at the Dragons, who knows, we could have been a chance of making several top 8's.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Cam Smith was an outstanding rugby league player. Tough as teak and never injured (only minor if anything). Great hooker and great goal kicker to boot. Captained the Storm to win premierships and captained the SOO and Test games. He is a legend.

Had he been at the Dragons, who knows, we could have been a chance of making several top 8's.
Now that he has retired I can agree with you DD and admit that he was an outstanding rugby league player. During his playing days however, I had an intense dislike for him, mainly because he played for the Purple Scum and that bleeding Queensland team!

Coffs dragon

Bench
Thoroughly deserved and what a great lock forward he was. I was always confident with Saints when Chang & Billy Smith were playing, but never felt the same when up against Bob Fulton & Ron Coote.
They were exceptional and a class above the standard opposition. It’s no surprise to me that he is an Immortal!

Gareth67

First Grade
Loved his ‘ bootlace tackles ‘ , similar to Rapers both of which were in a class of their own .

Recall an incident back in the late 60’s when big Apisai Toga scored for the Saints and that mongrel Morgan ( I believe ) came in and hit the poor man with a boot .

The look of horror on Coote’s face said it all , he then had a few sharp words with Morgan who sheepishly sulked away . Bastard !

But getting back to the 14th immortal Ron Coote , I can only say that he certainly was most deserving of the honour - well done Ron .

Latest posts