What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ron Massey Cup/Sydney Shield 2016

Joker44

Juniors
Peninsula have forfeited tonight's game against Belrose.
What an absolute joke that teams 1-2 are allowed to forfeit in consecutive weeks. NSWRL have a bit to answer for. Regardless of whether the game has a bearing on the final make up it shouldn't be allowed to happen

Bald Eagle

Juniors
This has incensed me enough to make my first post. Last week's forfeit by Mounties, which gifted Guildford 2 pts, had the potential to cost Belrose a top four spot. This week's forfeit by Peninsula has robbed Belrose of their local Derby, their final Home game and an organised club house function. The inconvenience to TripleH radio, the doctor, groundsman etal adds to my angst. What possible reason could there be to forfeit on game day ? Is it a player shortage a week out from the semis? Is it to rest up for the semis? Too far to travel? I am sure this behaviour is not what the NSWRL want in their competitions.
I suppose one could expect nothing more from a one team itinerant club. I read in the local paper that the Hills Bulls trash talking calling the Peninsula gulls soft in a recent game spurred the gulls to a gutsy win. Well Gulls, everyone can now see what the Bulls were on about. Weak. :mad:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Looks like Kingsgrove have forfeited the Sunday game against CBW as well.

Tigers1986

Juniors
The NSWRL's management of these lower-tiered competitions is beyond embarrassing. Withstanding the whole Kingsgrove RMC issue that's been a plague for 3 seasons now, the constant forfeits, soft abandoning of games with a speckle of rain and such just makes it look really unorganised and unprofessional. Shield and RMC still offers some great footy but when it's prone to all these debacles, then you question the validity of them continuing.

If teams do not have enough players to play in their local a-grade and Shield/RMC then the NSWRL should become stricter on the eligibility rules to compete.

StevenSeagull

Juniors
This has incensed me enough to make my first post. Last week's forfeit by Mounties, which gifted Guildford 2 pts, had the potential to cost Belrose a top four spot. This week's forfeit by Peninsula has robbed Belrose of their local Derby, their final Home game and an organised club house function. The inconvenience to TripleH radio, the doctor, groundsman etal adds to my angst. What possible reason could there be to forfeit on game day ? Is it a player shortage a week out from the semis? Is it to rest up for the semis? Too far to travel? I am sure this behaviour is not what the NSWRL want in their competitions.
I suppose one could expect nothing more from a one team itinerant club. I read in the local paper that the Hills Bulls trash talking calling the Peninsula gulls soft in a recent game spurred the gulls to a gutsy win. Well Gulls, everyone can now see what the Bulls were on about. Weak. :mad:

Peninsula Seagulls train every Tuesday and Thursday from 6:30pm at Lake Park, Narrabeen. If you want to see if they're weak please come down. They'll be happy to show you how weak they are.

Timmah

Staff member
RM Cup results today

upload_2016-8-27_20-43-26.png

Top 4 is locked away as are 5th and 6th.

Cabramatta defeated Windsor leading 16-12 after fifty minutes - match abandoned after one of the Windsor players literally snapped his ankle.

Timmah

Staff member
Shield today

upload_2016-8-27_20-44-29.png

Mounties romped home to claim the MP, Cabra jumped into 8th by beating Windsor.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Snapped ankle. Ouch.

St Marys are doing some great stuff in RMC and I fear the cogs are coming off at Wests - they belted Mounties and Wenty but have fallen to Asquith & St Marys in the last month. At least they have 2 bites at the cherry in this finals campaign.

Timmah

Staff member
Did you actually read the statement from the club or are you too busy being parochial? Expecting any team to take the field with less than a on-field starting 13 is ridiculous.

Bald Eagle

Juniors
Did you actually read the statement from the club or are you too busy being parochial? Expecting any team to take the field with less than a on-field starting 13 is ridiculous.
Expecting anyone to believe you can't field a team one week out from the semis is ridiculous.

StevenSeagull

Juniors
I have a paper trail from our physio and players stating our injuries and also The junior League stating the rules. Our players still wanted to play with 12, but coaching staff and management called it off. I'm the team manager and I stand by our decision. If you don't believe us on having 12 available, then so be it. We don't have to justify ourselves to you. I tell you what weak is. Posting stuff under a pseudonym and not having the courage to say it to our face. Lake Park, Narrabeen 6:30pm the offer still stands. If you don't show up, then you'll be showing me how weak you are

Timmah

Staff member
Gents, leave the veiled threats off our forums, please.

Timmah

Staff member
You're provoking a fight that has no place on this forum. Show yourself out.

Timmah

Staff member
RMC2016Finals-Week1.png

SS2016Finals-Week1.png

Details: http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29111-finals-football-2016-september-3-4/