What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ronald Prince

bartman

Immortal
You're kidding?! I thought we'd keep him...

Princey is alright at fullback, especially in attack. Played all year in the Premier League bar two matches (and probably this week) in firsts. Regularly scores tries, and is a reliable goal kicker.

Hasn't had his defence really tested this year (Prem League side are running second), but he stood up well against the Broncos in firsts last weekend.

Good luck to Princey, again another Eel off to see if he can nail a regular first grade spot, and best of luck to him!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I thought Parra might keep him considering Ash's injury could be pretty long term considering the extreme nature of his injury!!,

He's a pretty handy player with a ton of pace & good kicker.......he will be an asset to Manly & provide abit of depth to there backline......should be a starter!!,

Manly are recruting well..........the rivalry may be back in a couple of years :D

Stagger eel

Staff member
He's no spring chicken!! he'll be 26 next year and won't get better. He is a good Prem player but at best a satisfactory first grader.

everyone talks about how we're letting players go, but Manly has released Ben McDougall and signed Prince. try and work that out.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
He's no spring chicken!! he'll be 26 next year and won't get better. He is a good Prem player but at best a satisfactory first grader.

everyone talks about how we're letting players go, but Manly has released Ben McDougall and signed Prince. try and work that out.

I don't rate Ben Mc Dougall anyway....but?? i can understand your point!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
McDougall [Ben] would be a fantastic buy for any club, he has been far and away Manly's most consistant back, If we make 1 more signing this year I would be more than happy if it's either Ben McDougall, Amos Roberts or wait for it!!!.......................drumroll please. Chris Walker.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
McDougall [Ben] would be a fantastic buy for any club, he has been far and away Manly's most consistant back, If we make 1 more signing this year I would be more than happy if it's either Ben McDougall, Amos Roberts or wait for it!!!.......................drumroll please. Chris Walker.

If Chris Walker could improve his defence the he'd be a great signing to any club....the same with Amos Roberts!!,

I honestly think Mc Dougall isn't providing much to there backline.....the same with most of there backline.....soft as silk, defensively inadequate!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Are you sure your not mistaking McDougall with McGuiness????...I agree with you comment on Roberts and Walker. But I'm a big fan Ben McDougall strikes a similarity in his running style to his brother Adam and our very own Matt Peterson.

We'll have to agree to disagree. :?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
Are you sure your not mistaking McDougall with McGuiness????...I agree with you comment on Roberts and Walker. But I'm a big fan Ben McDougall strikes a similarity in his running style to his brother Adam and our very own Matt Peterson.

We'll have to agree to disagree. :?

Actually sorry mate.....i did confuse myself with Mc Guiness....Tough day for me :( ,

Yeah KEVIN doesn't offer there backline anything & he's defensively inadequate!!, i hope i recitified that mistake :lol:

Freak

Juniors
Geez Ron that was clumzy!!

Ben Pups McDougall is a fine player and personally I think he is close to Manlys best.

I agree with Eelavation Prince for McDougall is dumb business.

I honestly think Manly are in all soughts of strife. The only good thing they had going for them was an X Eel as coach and now he has gorn!

Their best Prop leaves them, their best back gorn, plus a coach who has over achieved considering the bunch of gumbies he was given.

The only thing they have got going for them is a great old fashioned Rugby League ground. Love Brooky, but unfortunately it finishes there.

I can taste a Wooden Spoon in 2004 for the Eagle Rock boys!!

Agent Mulder

Bench
I have a feeling that Amos Roberts will be with our club next year...Hence the departure of Ronald Prince.

But releasing McDooges for Prince? Hmmmmm :roll:

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Another one bites the dust. Not overly surprising. Full back candidates at Parra in 2004:
Burt
Graham
McKinnon
Vaealiki
(Roberts?)
The only reason he's playing NRL in 2003 is because of injuries to Hodgson, Burt, Vaealiki and now Graham.

vs Full back candidates at Manly (well, I'm not really sure, but I'm sure he'd find it easier getting into first grade over there).

Going?
p251.jpg
p145.jpg
p495.jpg
... Going?
pmissing.jpg
(Treacy,Wheeler,Boyd)

Gone...
p422.jpg
p470.jpg
p173.jpg
p455.jpg
p722.jpg
p188.jpg
p501.jpg
stevewitt.gif
shaydunley.gif
ronaldprince.gif
pmissing.jpg
(Leyshon)

Thanks for all the memories!!!

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eels2win said:
Another one bites the dust. Not overly surprising. Full back candidates at Parra in 2004:
Burt
Graham
McKinnon
Vaealiki
(Roberts?)
The only reason he's playing NRL in 2003 is because of injuries to Hodgson, Burt, Vaealiki and now Graham.

vs Full back candidates at Manly (well, I'm not really sure, but I'm sure he'd find it easier getting into first grade over there).

Going?
p251.jpg
p145.jpg
p495.jpg
... Going?
pmissing.jpg
(Treacy,Wheeler,Boyd)

Gone...
p422.jpg
p470.jpg
p173.jpg
p455.jpg
p722.jpg
p188.jpg
p501.jpg
stevewitt.gif
shaydunley.gif
ronaldprince.gif
pmissing.jpg
(Leyshon)

Thanks for all the memories!!!

How can you fit so many photo's in your post???,

Does anyone really think though that Amos Roberts is a solution??.....or will he be a liability??,

I think he's an alright player but?? not a player that will be instrumental in getting us a premiership!!

Im in 2 minds :? :)

Freak

Juniors
It is obvious Parra have gorn for Quanity more than quality in 2004. Which is probably wise.
For mine we currently have 2 tried and tested top shelf players in Cayless and Hindmarsh. We also have some very good young potential superstars in Morris, Witt and Thorman.

Not much on the market this year by way of superstars and realistically how many superstars move from club to club.

It is very positive to see how well the club has recovered after after the initial onslaught from other clubs to get their hands on our property.

Although our 1st grade under achieved this year, the club itself has grown from strength to strength and from looking at our current list of contracted players we are now in a much superior position to many of our competitors.

Disco

Bench
I doubt Prince would play fullback at Manly, i'd have Andrew Walker and Brett Stewart (watch this kid) before prince, but he would have a good chance at cracking a wing spot and will be good for a bit of depth

As for mcdougall, well he started the year off well, but like the rest off the team ended it horribly, add to that he is up there with Dorn and B Walker in terms of defense and the fact he has done sh*t all over the last few years and i'm not to concerned if he goes

as for him being our best back, well i'd rate Donald, Hoppa and B Walker ahead of him

Manly Eagle

Juniors
Freak said:

Ben Pups McDougall is a fine player and personally I think he is close to Manlys best.

I honestly think Manly are in all soughts of strife. The only good thing they had going for them was an X Eel as coach and now he has gorn!

Their best Prop leaves them, their best back gorn, plus a coach who has over achieved considering the bunch of gumbies he was given.

The only thing they have got going for them is a great old fashioned Rugby League ground. Love Brooky, but unfortunately it finishes there.

Oh yeah wooden spooners hey? Lets just see Manly go up the ladder, not 2nd last this year with a sub-standard coach who go's for money, not pride.

What about your Parra's player retention??

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Manly Eagle said:
Freak said:

Oh yeah wooden spooners hey? Lets just see Manly go up the ladder, not 2nd last this year with a sub-standard coach who go's for money, not pride.

What about your Parra's player retention??
Its hard to keep them all....so many good ones. It must be easy at Manly though...not much talent comes out of there.

Disco

Bench
Maroubra Eel said:
Its hard to keep them all....so many good ones. It must be easy at Manly though...not much talent comes out of there.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats deadset the dumbest thing i have ever heard, we were one of the top teams practically our whole existance until 98 and now we have a group of youngsters coming through who are probably only rivaled by wests, these include

King
Randall
Watmough
Dorn
B Stewart
G Stewart
Morwood
Cuthbertson
Meaney
Styles

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Disco said:
Maroubra Eel said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Thats deadset the dumbest thing i have ever heard, we were one of the top teams practically our whole existance until 98 and now we have a group of youngsters coming through who are probably only rivaled by wests, these include

King
Randall
Watmough
Dorn
B Stewart
G Stewart
Morwood
Cuthbertson
Meaney
Styles

No disrespect mate.....you need more talent then that comming through!!

Manly where getting thumped by 50 on a regular basis in Premier League this year.....worrying signs there.

Latest posts