What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie/Best and Most overrated League Podcasts

No1_Eels_Dude

Juniors
Probably one of the better topic threads i've seen in LU for some time.
I have most these loaded in my spotify or browser.
Another option from NZ is the Alternative Commentary with Dai Henwood and co (Mostly League and some other sports) Some funny as content to enjoy.
I actually don’t mind podcasts with Kiwis or from NZ in general, I like the humour or easy going nature they bring on there. It feels natural

Saint Doc

Coach
I like Get ‘Em Onside Sportsbet podcast.
yes, a betting slant, but at the end of the day good discussion and previews of the upcoming round

Rugby League Digest is by far and away the best RL podcast. Very well researched and delivered. Humorous in a higher brow manner than what many RL mongs appreciate and are accustomed to. I love listening to this podcast.

There is a great Sharks one called Sharkcast. Sammy hosts this weekly and has various regular guests dissecting the Sharks week prior and week ahead. It is a market leader for club specific podcasts.

Matty Johns is good to listen to but I don’t have enough time to fit it in often.

Full Credit To The Boys was very good, but had sections I would just skip, like their intro week in news. Shame it’s finished.

This Week In League is atrocious as far as I am concerned. The banter is weak and you would only find this podcast funny if you find swearing funny. The Penrith fan is a douche!

No1_Eels_Dude

Juniors
I stand by The Weekly Offload boys. They just had Ash Werner on. She was the first NRLW sent off for biting, I think part 2 is next week.

I just listened to Rugby League Digest, I liked that too

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Rugby League Digest is by far and away the best RL podcast. Very well researched and delivered. Humorous in a higher brow manner than what many RL mongs appreciate and are accustomed to. I love listening to this podcast.

There is a great Sharks one called Sharkcast. Sammy hosts this weekly and has various regular guests dissecting the Sharks week prior and week ahead. It is a market leader for club specific podcasts.

Matty Johns is good to listen to but I don’t have enough time to fit it in often.

Full Credit To The Boys was very good, but had sections I would just skip, like their intro week in news. Shame it’s finished.

This Week In League is atrocious as far as I am concerned. The banter is weak and you would only find this podcast funny if you find swearing funny. The Penrith fan is a douche!
The Rugby League Digest and This Week in League are my favourites by far. I love learning history and I have a good sense of humour. TWIL also has a FANTASTIC community

The Rugby League Digest and This Week in League are my favourites by far. I love learning history and I have a good sense of humour. TWIL also has a FANTASTIC community
Yeah I just can’t get on board with those TWIL guys. As I say, I think the Penrith guy is a know it all douchebag, while the straw which broke the camel’s back for me was when the Manly guy was making snide suicide puns regarding Steve Rogers. I have a dark sense of humour, but it was delivered as an insult rather than as humour. It’s then I realised those guys are not engaging in banter but instead are bullies and cowards.

No1_Eels_Dude

Juniors
The Weekly Offload was good man, first episode is hard to here but overall thanks for the tip. Not sure if it’s because you stole my username 😂 but we have similar taste I think.

Hey mate,

I couldn’t find the latest link to their episode. The Weekly Offload I mean, I think they had Jimmy Smith on? Ironic considering I told you about the show

No1_Eel

Juniors

Not sure if allowed or that will work but if it does, there you go mate

Hey mate,

I couldn’t find the latest link to their episode. The Weekly Offload I mean, I think they had Jimmy Smith on? Ironic considering I told you about the

taste2taste

Juniors
I'll listen to any podcast with time stamps lol, there's usually only a small part I'm interested in and don't want to sit through an hour to hear it.

Freddy and the eighth and James Graham are the 2 I listen to most.

No1_Eels_Dude

Juniors
I just listened to Six Tackles with Gus. I thought I’d hate it but it was actually alright. He is better on there than channel 9.