What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie/Best and Most overrated League Podcasts

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Rugby league guru, argh.

I think like a few have already mentioned and I agree with you guys. Denan Kemp on his own or on other shows is good, I like him. I just think he has let to many of his “mates” on Bloke in a bar which is a shame.
Well he did have to sack that paedophile Finchy but yeah that Guru clown knows nothing about footy

Victoire

Juniors
NRL Boom Rookies is clearly the best, as far as week-to-week footy analysis and takes are concerned. Recommended. Features the reknowned league journo Nick Campton

RL Digest for the brilliant history of Superleague

For interviews, agree with the Bye Round. James Graham does them well

No1_Eel

Juniors
Hi, I read alot of messages but never posted on here but am a big fan of the posts on here. Instead of the boring old same Bloke In a Bar etc being mention. I thought let’s do something different and name your best new rookie podcast/your favourite and most overrated.

Rookie Podcast- Mine would be The Weekly Offload on Spotify, I stumbled across this because they recently had Andy Raymond but I really think this could be great. Seems like two Aussie nobodies and a former UK Superleague player but they are actually funny/good.

Best Podcast- The Bye Round. I enjoy James Graham so much as a commentator and just in general. His footy chat and IQ is kinda unexpected if you watched him play.

Most Overrated- I know it’s new but that one with Josh Mansour and the Fox. I don’t wanna be too harsh on the boys because I’m sure it’s hard starting off and they have done pretty well I hear and I can’t understand how besides there names but I thought it was horrible myself.

The Weekly Offload was good man, first episode is hard to here but overall thanks for the tip. Not sure if it’s because you stole my username 😂 but we have similar taste I think.

kdalymc

Bench
dunno if hes got a poddy but yeah Justin Horo is a f**ken gronk, hes 50 but thinks hes 18.
NRL Roast is a f**ken loser too, and Clarky is hopeless. Posts "all time" squads nut always has the NRL era asterix....

soc123_au

Staff member
dunno if hes got a poddy but yeah Justin Horo is a f**ken gronk, hes 50 but thinks hes 18.
NRL Roast is a f**ken loser too, and Clarky is hopeless. Posts "all time" squads nut always has the NRL era asterix....
Horo does the one with Mason.

Matua

Bench
In a Warriors context:

Best: Once a Warrior with Monty Betham. An interview show with old Warriors. Really good to hear from some of the old names of the past.

Most Overrated, actually just Shit: One New Zealand Warriors One Take. This seems to be the inhouse Warriors podcast done by two guys associated with the team, the kind that like to throw around nicknames to show they're on the inner even though we don't know who the nicknamed people are. They seem to be the promoters of the stupid "Wahs" name so on that alone would earn my eternal hatred (one funny time they tried to get two of the players on board with the name and they just side stepped it) but the rest of the podcast is just as bad.

No1_Eels_Dude

Juniors
The Weekly Offload was good man, first episode is hard to here but overall thanks for the tip. Not sure if it’s because you stole my username 😂 but we have similar taste I think.

Yeah I enjoy The Weekly Offload. They are new but I think they could be really good. I listened to NRL Boom Rookies due to the recommendations on here and I liked them too. It’s funny because I wouldn’t have known about them if not for this post.

Wb1234

Referee

Horo is like a fluffer for Mason

Mason can be off at times but I don’t mind him

also Matty johns has a podcast with his wife and sons

No1_Eels_Dude

Juniors
Some great recommendations on here guys! Thank you so much. NRL Boom Rookies is a new one. Fifth and last wasn’t really for me. So my top 3 would now be

1. Bye Round
2. The Weekly Offload
3. NRL Boom Rookies

No1_Eel

Juniors
Are you all still listening in the off-season or do you find it boring during the off-season?

I still listen but I find I’m not waiting for any episode for example Bye round I listen every Wednesday morning now it’s kinda more sporadic

MrBlack

Juniors
Fifth and Last

The only pod cast I will listen to. Honest and inciteful. It’s a descent listen at 2 hours but great in the car to and from work.

No1_Eel

Juniors
Any other podcasts back yet?

The Weekly Offload is back tonight. Good episode on their predictions although one guy on there thinks Parra will win the comp 🤣

No1_Eels_Dude

Juniors
Any other podcasts back yet?

The Weekly Offload is back tonight. Good episode on their predictions although one guy on there thinks Parra will win the comp 🤣

Glad you like The Weekly Offload. I do sometimes find the Northern guy Matt who played in the Superleague hard to understand but it’s good man. I think Jake Graham’s The Bye Round never stopped?

Probably one of the better topic threads i've seen in LU for some time.
I have most these loaded in my spotify or browser.
Another option from NZ is the Alternative Commentary with Dai Henwood and co (Mostly League and some other sports) Some funny as content to enjoy.