What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie Curse

sooperdooper

First Grade
its a pretty tough topic in my eyes. Jack did well in 04 catapulted from flegg to NRL when depth was really tested, played 20 odd games in an ordinary year for parra... 05 with much depth and competition it was alot harder for him...06 has him back on his feet playing great

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
we spoke to Danny Sullivan in Newcastle actually and his injury was so bad that he still cannot even play park footy.
When i asked him about it he winced and rubbed it and just said "no good"

Danny was incredibly unlucky. And he did try to make a come back, but after all the surgery he's had, you could forgive him for not wanting to go through it again.

Still a damn nice bloke (and an attratcive one at that) :D

Eelementary

Post Whore
Wait...What did he actually DO to his knee?

Because I'm sure he should be able to play again with proper conditioning. Similar near-catastrophic injuries have threatened NFL players' careers, and they've come back - and, padding or not, the NFL is brutal, fast-paced and demanding sport, just like League.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
he needed a knee reconstruction and then contracted golden staph and was a very unwell boy

haven't people died from golden staph?

His knee is nowhere near 100% capacity... it wouldn't have helped that in his NZ appearance he hurt it again. :(

sooperdooper

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Wait...What did he actually DO to his knee?

Because I'm sure he should be able to play again with proper conditioning. Similar near-catastrophic injuries have threatened NFL players' careers, and they've come back - and, padding or not, the NFL is brutal, fast-paced and demanding sport, just like League.
a fast paced game?
they go for like 20 second intervals

Hellsy

Immortal
JessEel said:
he needed a knee reconstruction and then contracted golden staph and was a very unwell boy

haven't people died from golden staph?

His knee is nowhere near 100% capacity... it wouldn't have helped that in his NZ appearance he hurt it again. :(

Danny almost died from it, he was a VERY ill boy

Utey

Coach
Those infections can kill cant they? He wasnt well. One of my faves from my younger days.

Latest posts