What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the Year

Who will be Rookie of The Year for 2014?

• Paul Carter (Gold Coast Titans)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Kyle Feldt (North Queensland Cowboys)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tepai Moeroa (Parramatta Eels)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Manu Mau (Parramatta Eels)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Pauli Pauli (Parramatta Eels)

• Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers)

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Mitchell Moses (Wests Tigers)

• Isiah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)

• Blake Cartwright (Penrith Panthers)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Moses Mbye (Canterbury Bulldogs)

• Corey Thompson (Canterbury Bulldogs)

• David Fusitua (New Zealand Warriors)

• Jake Mamo (Newcastle Knights)

• Sione Mata'utia (Newcastle Knights)

• Alex Johnston (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Kirisome Auva'a (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

• Kyle Turner (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alex Johnston for mine, followed closely by Bryce Cartwright and Paul Carter. Mau would be up there too if he didn't get injured earlier in the season.

Forty20

First Grade
None of the Parra boys will win it but I'm really happy with how our class of 2014 have come on. Manu Ma'u, Kenny Edwards, Tepai Moeroa and Pauli Pauli (though Pauli is still raw) have transformed our backrow from the weakest in the NRL bar none to one that is competitive and can punish other teams on the edges.

It is a shame that Sione Mata'utia debuted late in the season as he would have given the award a real shake so like most others posters I am leaning towards Alex Johnston picking up the gong.

some11

Referee
Shame Ma'u got injured, ran straight and hard and had no problems playing 80 mins.

Will be a big boost for the Eels when he's back.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Hard to go past Johnston based on his incredible try scoring record.

Would have liked for Bryce to stay fit though, was definitely making an impact on games in his first season.

DURRRHURRR

Juniors
Manu Mau vote from came straight in and played 80 minutes of quality football most weeks. Was a genuine boost to the team

Brooks has shown moments of brilliance but has been a speed bump in defence for the most part. Tedesco stays healthy and the team doesn't have so many injuries and the mid season meltdown and I think he gets it.

Alex Johnson Im not so sure about, good finisher no doubt but hardly doing much of the tough stuff not that effective at early set hit ups before the forwards get into position

HowHigh

Coach
Alex Johnston has probably had the best season of them.

If Ma'u wasn't out injured it would have been him.

Puntastic

Juniors
Brooks for mine, is a lynchpin of that side. His game has understandably suffered with injuries around him lately. Johnston is a very talented athlete, its no slight on him. I just don't quite think Souths need Johnston as much as the Tigers need Brooks.

It's a hell of a crop of youngsters though.

HowHigh

Coach
Brooks for mine, is a lynchpin of that side. His game has understandably suffered with injuries around him lately. Johnston is a very talented athlete, its no slight on him. I just don't quite think Souths need Johnston as much as the Tigers need Brooks.

It's a hell of a crop of youngsters though.
It's not an MVP award but I do think Brooks will develop into a better than player than Johnston.

Puntastic

Juniors
It's not an MVP award but I do think Brooks will develop into a better than player than Johnston.

I know, but I think he handled the pressure thrust upon him quite well which also speaks to his favour. Admittedly he's struggling more now but I cant blame him for that.

The way I see it, Johnston rarely puts a foot wrong, but doesn't have the same responsibility Brooks does. Brooks has a few flaws he needs to develop, but he probably has more opportunity to expose his weaknesses.

Given the differences in their respective positions, it's apples and oranges.

wittyfan

Referee
Mitchell Moses without doubt!!!

Mitchell+Moses+Bulldogs+v+Tigers+QWfCy6Eh5NBl.jpg

image.scale.thumbnail.400.400.jpg

885536-8630c114-d4e6-11e3-b5be-ec06717bccf7.jpg