What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooney Rumour

NthKnight

There is big speculation that the Drags are going to sign Luke Rooney for '09. St.George have some good talent and depth in the outside backs, why would they sign Rooney? Doesnt make sence to me

Slackboy72

Coach
I guess Bennett is used to having a SoO team at his disposal. Imagine a 3/4 line with Rooney, Gasnier and Cooper. Who wouldn't want that?
I reckon it could very well happen.

juanfarkall

Coach
Personally I can't recall Rooney doing anything of note for a few years now.
Penrith fans may be able to comment more accurately though.

NthKnight

juanfarkall said:
Personally I can't recall Rooney doing anything of note for a few years now.
Penrith fans may be able to comment more accurately though.

Agreed. He has done nothing of note since '04, waste of money IMO.

Juan, your sig is intriguing. Dont ever remember Joey playing for the Rams :-k

Syren

Juniors
Looks like there might be some truth behind that rumour. If indeed Bennett wants to sign Rooney, then rest assured somebody will go, perhaps Cooper -> ESL.

God-King Dean

Immortal
2 Morris', Nightingale... I wouldn't mind him playing for us, he'd have a field day if Gaz was his centre partner... but I really see no point.

Stagger eel

Staff member
strange days indeed...you have 3 very fine fg wingers already at the club that are arguebly better than Rooney and he's being courted at the club???

that's really really strange.

juanfarkall

Coach
NthKnight said:
Agreed. He has done nothing of note since '04, waste of money IMO.

Juan, your sig is intriguing. Dont ever remember Joey playing for the Rams :-k

Check out a Rams jersey then compare it to the Knights ones over the past few years.

Godz Illa

Coach
Sack Bennett! lol

This is a very puzzling one that I hope doesn't eventuate. But if it does, we'd just have to bow to Benny's better judgement I guess.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Godz Illa said:
Sack Bennett!

Agreed.

Unfortunatly... I can see Bennett f*cking off Nightinggale & maybe one Morris. I predict that Bennett will be looking to make a big team, & Nightingales 'height disadvantage' will come into play.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I think people are being harsh on Rooney.

I imagine playing for Panthers the last few years would be a wingers nightmare.

_42859827_rooney_celeb416.jpg

Inferno

Coach
Wouldn't mind if you got him and we were able to pick up one of the Morris clones on the cheap :cool:

Latest posts