What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rooney searching for new contract

Fibroman

First Grade
I think we should cut anyone with the name 'Luke' from all our sides, just to a bring a bit of consistancy into our recruiting policy.

Kilkenny

Coach
The flat attacking line that Panthers and manny other sides seem to go with in this day and age make it hard for blokes like Rooney to shine.

Rooney is a finisher, and has pace over 100, not 40 metres. Girds used to make breaks inside his own half and deliver quality ball to Rooney with 40-50 to the try line. This simply doesn't happen anymore. Roons would probably go better in a side like Brisbane or melbourne.

Very astute observations Fibro. Mind you I could probably score tries on the end of the Storm backline and my best days are well and truly behind me as you know, having lost a yard or two in pace.

Fibroman

First Grade
Very astute observations Fibro. Mind you I could probably score tries on the end of the Storm backline and my best days are well and truly behind me as you know, having lost a yard or two in pace.

And a kidney or 2.:crazy:

Kilkenny

Coach
When playing on the outside of Terry Lamb for the Chester Hill Hornets I shaped up pretty good Fibroman. Alas a career ending knee injury shattered my dreams of career with Canterbury Bankstown as they were then. If only they had key hole surgery in those days......................who knows what could have been for Kilkenny.

Fibroman

First Grade
I took a different approach to the game. I was more concerned with tight fitting shorts, and buffed quads. The tape etc, was just for show. I did however enjoy a roll around in the mud on occasions to give that certain appearance that i liked after the game. Good looks in place with some cursary light soil marks. xx

murraymob

Coach
Rooney had a solid game for city last night and showed he would be a good buy for any club.Was strong brining the ball out from his end of the feild

Fibroman

First Grade
He got caught out again with the little kick along the ground behind him. Once again he was too slow to turn and get to the ball.

Munky

Coach
Would Rooney have been capable of the magic pass Daniella threw to Jennings for the try?

I highly doubt it.

Latest posts