What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters 2002 victory now even more hollow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

Coach
They won last year with the Dogs out of it and couldn't win it this year, they still only have a Clayton's Premiership. Can they come back next year to prove themselves? I think they had their best chance this year and failed. Although, with all their money and media hobknobs, Brad Fittler might go out on a high.

KFC

Juniors
Bad mouth the Roosters all you want a Clayton's Premiership is still one more Premiership than your team's ever won.
[/img]

Macca

Coach
I am not bad mouthing them KFC just stating an opinion. I'd rather not win one than have a Clayton's premiership and I said that in 2002 when the Dogs were eliminated.

KFC

Juniors
In my opinion you are bad mouthing the Roosters. Your comments denegrate the enourmous amount of blood, sweat and tears put in by the players to win last year's GF. Easts could only play the teams that were there, the Bulldogs were no certainty to win.

dice

Juniors
KFC said:
Bad mouth the Roosters all you want a Clayton's Premiership is still one more Premiership than your team's ever won.

There is some truth in that :lol:

Macca

Coach
And IMO the dogs would have smashed you last year. IMO you were the second best team last year and you are the second best team this year. You have a different opinion and that's fine, but it doesn't make mine wrong. If that is bad mouthing the Roosters then so be it. It's still a clayton's premiership and it always will be IMO.

Evilgrowler

First Grade
Had the Doggs won last year, that would've been the claytons premiership, not the Roosters. You're talking about a team that was put together illegally and under normal circumstances, those players would never have been playing as a team.

You are an idiot and showing exactly how ugly a bad sport can be. Pull your head in dickhead.

KFC

Juniors
You are 100% correct McSharkie it's your opinion and you are entitled to it, just as I am entitled to mine.

IMO the Sharks will NEVER again appear in a Grand Final let alone win one. :lol:

dice

Juniors
KFC said:
You are 100% correct McSharkie it's your opinion and you are entitled to it, just as I am entitled to mine.

IMO the Sharks will NEVER again appear in a Grand Final let alone win one. :lol:

Sharkies did appear in one GF recently. .... oh thats right it was the one that didn't count.

Matt23

Staff member
Um until the Sharks win a premiership...your in no position to question the merits of any teams premiership win... :roll:

Misty Bee

First Grade
Claytons premiership? LOL

If you reckon Canterbury had a better side and should have been there you are dreaming. Does the word 'cheat' mean anythnig to you?

Cronulla have been nowhere near a premiership since 1978! Even Norths won the Channel 10 cup!

Bengal

Juniors
Evilgrowler said:
Had the Doggs won last year, that would've been the claytons premiership, not the Roosters. You're talking about a team that was put together illegally and under normal circumstances, those players would never have been playing as a team.

You are an idiot and showing exactly how ugly a bad sport can be. Pull your head in dickhead.

Bang on Evilgrowler.

What a waste of space this fellow is!

Macca

Coach
Evilgrowler said:

God help us, a Bronco complaining about an unfair playing field!! :lol: :roll: Do you really think your side is under the cap. If so, you shouldn't be calling others dickhead.

Glad to see that you all feel so strongly about it though. If we have lot's of people defending the Roosters from all over the place it must mean the game is healthier than ever.

JJ

Immortal
Clayton's premiership???

I get sick of this!!! (and I'm not a Roosters supporter)

It was not a Clayton's premiership because that Canterbury side should never have been in the comp as they were CHEATING. Which part of that is unclear????? They were rorting the salary cap, and therefore were rightly disqualified!!! If they did not overspend grossly they would not have been top of the table. Anyway, due to the limp wristed nature of the NRL they were allowed to overspend again, and still couldn't win. Quite frankly, it is the Bulldogs who are overrated - two names for you - Anasta and Mason, LMFAO - Mason???? LMFAO

To be controversial, the only team with a Clayton's premiership would be Canberra 1990 - who were similarly cheating with respect to the salary cap.

Chook

First Grade
This from someone with such a 'winning' culture at their club?

Good luck for 04 McSharkie, you're going to need it.

Chook.

JJ said:
Clayton's premiership???
To be controversial, the only team with a Clayton's premiership would be Canberra 1990 - who were similarly cheating with respect to the salary cap.

Controversial? Moronic is more like it.

JJ

Immortal
Moronic???

Ummm - let's see - Canberra were well over the salary cap - in 1991 Brent Todd and Glenn Lazarus among other "lesser lights" had to move so they could get under it. Just dealing with facts... I'd suggest that viewing events through rose-coloured glasses is moronic!!!

Canterbury cheated, and were rightly deducted points. Anyone who trhinks the Roosters did not deserve their premiership is "moronic"

Canberra in the early 90's cheated the salary cap too - but nothing was done except forcing them to get under it once the breach was discovered. That's cheating too - and they won a premiership while doing it (Penrith should've beaten them in 1990 too, and so should Balmain in 89!).

There are rules, they should be followed. Sorry, I have no sympathy for those that cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts