What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters 2011 draw

Round 1 March 11 - 14
Sydney Roosters v South Sydney Rabbitohs

Round 2 March 18 - 21
Sydney Roosters v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

Round 3 March 25 - 28
Canterbury Bulldogs v Sydney Roosters

Round 4 April 1 - 4
Sydney Roosters v Wests Tigers

Round 5 April 8 - 11
Warriors v Sydney Roosters

Round 6 April 15 - 18
Sydney Roosters v Brisbane Broncos

Round 7 April 22 - 25
Sydney Roosters v St George-Illawarra Dragons

Round 8 April 29 - May 1
Gold Coast Titans v Sydney Roosters

Round 9
BYE

Round 10 May 13 - 16
Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks v Sydney Roosters

Round 11 May 20 - 23
Sydney Roosters v Newcastle Knights

State of Origin - Game 1

Round 12 May 27 - 30
North Queensland Cowboys v Sydney Roosters

Round 13 June 3 - 6
Sydney Roosters v Warriors

Round 14 June 10 - 13
Melbourne Storm v Sydney Roosters

State of Origin - Game 2

Round 15 June 17 - 20

BYE

Round 16 June 24 - 27
Newcastle Knights v Sydney Roosters

Round 17 July 1 - 4
Sydney Roosters v Canberra Raiders

State of Origin - Game 3 : July 6

Round 18 July 8 - 11

Sydney Roosters vs. Penrith Panthers

Round 19 July 15 - 18
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Sydney Roosters

Round 20 July 22 - 25
Wests Tigers v Sydney Roosters

Round 21 July 29 - August 1
Sydney Roosters v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Round 22 August 5 - 8
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles vs. Sydney Roosters

Round 23 August 12 - 15

St George-Illawarra Dragons v Sydney Roosters

Round 24 August 19 - 22
Sydney Roosters v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Round 25 August 26 - 29
Parramatta Eels v Sydney Roosters

Round 26 September 2 - 4
Sydney Roosters v Melbourne Storm
When was the last time we played Parramatta twice in a season?

I guess we can expect to see Round 13 v Warriors shipped off to NZ, another 2 points given up.

Last edited:

Tommy Smith

Referee
That's an insanely tough looking first nine rounds.

I'd be ecstatic with a 5-4 start after that sequence...

Although perhaps it's Rnds 10, 11 & 12 we should be concerned about against the Sharks, Knights and Cowboys!

That's an insanely tough looking first nine rounds.

I'd be ecstatic with a 5-4 start after that sequence...

Although perhaps it's Rnds 10, 11 & 12 we should be concerned about against the Sharks, Knights and Cowboys!

Rounds 12, 13 and 14 it looks like we will go to Townsville to NZ to Melbourne.

adamkungl

Immortal
We have very few low drawers at home - just Cronulla, Canberra and Melbourne. Excellent from a crowds perspective, we don't have to play sh*t clubs like GC and Nth QLD.

Only complaint otherwise is same as yours - only one game against Parra, and its not til August. f**k Cronulla, why can't we play Pawwaaa twice?

3 of the first four at home we really need to win the home games at the start of the season next year. It could define the whole season. Teams will be wary of us next season now and we won't be able to slide in under the radar in 2011.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Round 1 is where your season begins and ends. I think the mental scarring we give you to kick off the season will damage your psyche so much you'll barely scrape into the finals.

adamkungl

Immortal
Round 1 is where your season begins and ends. I think the mental scarring we give you to kick off the season will damage your psyche so much you'll barely scrape into the finals.

Well, at least that's better than what you lot "achieved" this year after the usual round 1 thrashing.

Was this year your 2nd best finish in the last 21 years? Must have been close :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Well, at least that's better than what you lot "achieved" this year after the usual round 1 thrashing.

Was this year your 2nd best finish in the last 21 years? Must have been close :lol:

We made the finals once, and then almost made the finals this year. So probably yeah. But if you graphed our last 20 years you'd see it's beginning to spike the last few years, we're on the way up.

What happened to the Roosters this season? A whole lot of overacheiving imho. I guess you had to make a grab at some glory before our era starts and shuts you out of premiership contention and back into our shadow for another decade.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wow, Bunniesman, have you come onto this forum (LU as a whole I mean) deliberately to be a belligerent wanker and get everyone offside? Fair dinkum, relax dude.

chefman21

Juniors
We made the finals once, and then almost made the finals this year. So probably yeah. But if you graphed our last 20 years you'd see it's beginning to spike the last few years, we're on the way up.

What happened to the Roosters this season? A whole lot of overacheiving imho. I guess you had to make a grab at some glory before our era starts and shuts you out of premiership contention and back into our shadow for another decade.

I almost got laid one night... Does that make me Errol Flynn?

CMUX

It’s a good looking draw. The only complaint I will have is if we take the home game against the warriors to NZ. This year it sort of made sense given we only played them once but next year we play them away in round 5.

Additionally if we do move the game, between rounds 8-16 (9 weeks) we will have 2 byes, 1 home game and 6 “away games” ( one being the game in NZ). That would make it a very tough mid-season draw.

Also I am a bit bemused as to why we didn’t get one of our byes before an origin game, we play Newcastle, Storm and Canberra all before origins and we will most likely be without Carney/Pearce and Myles at a minimum. The Storm face the same issues at us but the other 2 will field strong sides.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wow, Bunniesman, have you come onto this forum (LU as a whole I mean) deliberately to be a belligerent wanker and get everyone offside? Fair dinkum, relax dude.

Am I here to make friends? Not really.

Am I here to discuss rugby league, share my opinion, and hear other peoples opinions? Yes. And If in the process of doing that I annoy some people, that's not my problem.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Official website draw page says Round 6 v Brisbane will be at Bluetongue Stadium (home game).