What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters All-Star Team - ALL ROOSTERS FANS REPLY!

• Thread starter Deleted member 10972
  • Start date

BoldShane

Juniors
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
I'd probably go for the 'full-strength' line-up:

1. Luke Phillips (GK) (PK3)
2. Anthony Minichiello
3. Noel 'Crusher' Cleal
4. Shannon Hegarty
5. Kerry Boustead
6. Brad 'Freddie' Fittler (PK2)
7. Kevin 'Horror' Hastings (PK1)
8. Ron 'Rambo' Gibbs
9. Simon Bonetti
10. Royce Ayliffe
11. Bryan Fletcher
12. Craig Salvatori
13. Hugh McGahan/Luke Ricketson/John Tobin

14. Jason Lowrie
15. Adrian Morley
16. Craig Wing (PK4)
17. Trevor Gillmeister

Horry not "horror" ok? ;-)

BoldShane

D

Deleted member 10972

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Matt Sing
3. Ryan Cross
4. Noel Cleal
5. Kerry Boustead
6. Brad Fittler
7. Kevin Hastings
8. Jason Cayless
9. Craig Wing
10. Craig Salvatori
11. Adrian Morley
12. Bryan Fletcher
13. Hugh McGahan

14. Rocky Laurie
15. Royce Ayliffe
16. Chris Flannery
17. Trevor Gillmeister

OVP

Coach
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
alright mate i'm sorry. i'm only 15 years old, & i'm trying to educate myself on our best players from the last 25 years. how about you post up what you believe your team is, & if you have any problems, just relax and say "this guy doesn't deseve the spot". Btw, when did Ian Schuberts career span? I will remove Fairfax & add Schubert, and according to you, Rampling & Iro both should be removed to. don't forget mate, this is the BEST team, not "who was the most loyal".

Mate , good work and dont listen to those who belittle you. We all do that on occasion and im sure the person who took you to task meant no harm, but i reckon its people like you we need to carry on the flag long after we are all gone. The best advice i can give you is to get your parents to buy you a copy of the 1974-5 Grand Finals. That particular team was regarded as BY FAR, the greatest in Roosters history. Which may be surprising considering we had the great Dally Messenger and Dave Brown playing for us in the early days of league. Try googling about those two ... it'll surprise you what they accomplished :)

However this is my team from the 80's onwards ...

1. Mini
2. Boustead
3. Cross (soon to be replaced by Soliola in a few years im sure... Soli will be something special)
4. Noel Cleal
5. John "Chicka" Ferguson
6. Brad Fittler (c)
7. Kevin Hastings
8. Craig Salvatori
9. Craig Wing
10. Royce Ayliffe
11. Rambo Ronny Gibbs
12. Adrian Morley (imagine Morley and Gibbs in the same team ... *drools*)
13. Luke Ricketson

14. Jason Cayless
15. John Harvey
16. Hugh McGahan
17. Trevor Gilmeister

Even that team is far from our best ever ... No John Brass, Arthur Beetson, Bunny Reilly, Ray Stehr etc

What a history we have !! The club with BY FAR the most internationals. Be proud :)

W.Smith

Juniors
Cant believe one of the all time greats of the game Bob Fulton wasnt listed captain coached the Roosters to the 1980 grand final and Fairfax was left out of the noms

My Team

Minichello
Schubert
Cross
Sing
Fittler
Hastings
Morley
Bonetti
Ayliffe
Fitzgibbon
McGahan
Ricketson

Salvatori
Fletcher
Gaffey
Wing

Hard leaving so many out isnt it but i sorta picked blokes on service with the hard ones like Fittler and Fulton, in the same era theyd both start but i think of Bozo at Easts and its as a number 6 same with Freddie a Rooster 6 only for me at fullback Mini beats out Phillips and Fairy but only just i loved Philips ssame with hooker , Lang only had the one year and i got Wing on the bench coz of utility value and as an old prop i love a prop,ballplaying forward and a workhorse on my bench with the utility

D

Deleted member 10972

What about if we changed it to 1970-2005 Team?

2. Kerry Boustead
3. John Brass
5. Bill Mullins
6. Bob Fulton
7. Kevin Hastings
8. Royce Ayliffe
10. Arthur Beetson
11. Adrian Morley
13. Ron Coote

14. Brad Fittler

Anthony Minichiello, Ian Schubert, Russell Fairfax, Matt Sing, Ron Gibbs, Hugh McGahan, Mark Harris, John Harvey, Ian Mackay, John Peard, Elwyn Walters, Simon Bonetti, Craig Wing, Bruce Pickett, Andrew Walker, John Tobin, Joe Lydon, Kevin Stevens, Bryan Fletcher, Des O'Reilly, Craig Salvatori, Trevor Gillmeister, Ivan Cleary, John Mayes, John Mackay, Craig Salvatori, Craig Fitzgibbon, John Ferguson, Luke Ricketson, Kevin Junee, Grant Hedger, Barry Reilly, Terry Fahey, Jason Cayless, Allan McKean, Jason Lowrie, Mike Eden, Nigel Gaffey, Noel Cleal, Ryan Cross, David Trewhella

eddie

Juniors
1-Anthony Minichiello
2-Terry Fahey
3-John Brass
4-Mark Harris
5-Bill Mullins
6-Brad Fittler
7-Kevin Hastings
8-Ron Coote
9-Adrian Morley
10-Craig Fitzgibbon
11-Arthur Beetson (c)
12-Elwyn Walters
13-Craig Salvatori

14-Craig Wing
15-John Mackay
16-Luke Ricketson
17-Trevor Gillmeister

D

Deleted member 10972

Good team and all mate...but...you left out Bob Fulton. An Immortal.

melon....

Coach
LeagueFanNumeroUno said:
Good team and all mate...but...you left out Bob Fulton. An Immortal.
Fulton can get f**ked. He's MAnly thoruygh and through....always was even when he wore the Tricolours. He showed his true colours when he stole our best abnd sent us into a dark decade in teh mid 80s to mid 90s. f**k Manlu=y and f**k Fulton.

Give me HArris and Brass any day and Freddy or Peard at 5/8.

f**k Fulton.

D

Deleted member 10972

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Bill Mullins
3. Mark Harris
4. John Brass
5. Kerry Boustead
6. Brad Fittler
7. Kevin Hastings
8. Royce Ayliffe
9. ?
10. Arthur Beetson
11. Adrian Morley
13. Ron Coote

I rated Boustead above Fahey during their times at the Roosters. Also, Salvatori was great, but Ayliffe was captain & clubman. There is alot of people viable for that second backrow spot, & i would like to know more about Walters.

Fairfax

Juniors
If you're going back that far you'd probably be looking at Elwyn Walters for hooker, even though he displaced local legend and former Waverley mayor Pete "The Digger" Moscatt who was one of my favourites as a kid. He's Johnny Peard's brother in law too!

Latest posts