What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters bid for O'Meley

aussies1st

Staff member
Lol Chooks paying big dollars for another player. Oh well means they will soon not have enough cash to buy other stars.

jed

First Grade
Choppies said:
I don't think we are after him. Just pushing the price up for the Dogs.
I do reckon we are after Williams. I have had mail over the last 6-10 months about it and today in the Herald there is a bit with Williams getting a 3rd party agreement with Wizard and which club has a board member involved with Wizard?
A 3rd-party agreement is ok whilst he's at the Bulldogs, but if he signs with you it'll become a 2nd part agreement, and we both know what that comes under ;-) (no, not the table)

Balmain_Boy

Got to agree that O'meley shouldn't be able to knock that decision back.

Loyalty to a club should overcome any wish to change club enviornments or any slight difference in money. But half a million dollars is a LOT of money.

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
S.S.T.I.D said:
450K for O'Meley! LMAO, whose paying overs now?

Your grandfinal is on next month you can then have your mad monday for the rest of the season!

Funny how you offered SBW 6 mill for 10 years lol, one player worth twice as much as your whole club.

Wait until you win more then 3 games before you get cocky!

D

Deleted member 10972

TITAN1 said:
If he was a single bloke he would have probably signed with the dogs already...bring a family into the equation and money definately becomes an issue.
But how like the roosters to be throwing cash around!:?

Roosters have ALOT of players off contract, & are rumored to be releasing one of Harrison or Anasta too. That would free up more than enough cash.

_Johnsy

Referee
:shock: :shock:
What a surprise the roosters are offering big money again, suppoorters must watch with pride when the majority of players have been poached to the club. You gotta love the transit lounge. They way they are going you guys will be the new souths
:lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
_Johnsy said:
:shock: :shock:
What a surprise the roosters are offering big money again, suppoorters must watch with pride when the majority of players have been poached to the club. You gotta love the transit lounge. They way they are going you guys will be the new souths
:lol: :lol:

The Mack does make valid point though, it appears to be a position which the Roosters need strengthening, desperately..how a club can lose 2 of the best front rowers in the game in 2 years is beyond me.

They were so hellbent in signing a couple of pretty boys to increse their female membership drive that they've failed to neglect the one position that helped them make several grand finals in the past.

D

Deleted member 10972

eelavation said:
The Mack does make valid point though, it appears to be a position which the Roosters need strengthening, desperately..how a club can lose 2 of the best front rowers in the game in 2 years is beyond me.

They were so hellbent in signing a couple of pretty boys to increse their female membership drive that they've failed to neglect the one position that helped them make several grand finals in the past.

Not only the depth, but the Roosters are set to lose LOTS of players by the end of this season. But as usual, a bunch of knucklehead know-nothing's come on & think it's another stupid buy. The last unneccesary buy we made was Ashley Harrison, simple. This season we made none, Myles chose us & we needed him with Morley's loss. Nutley, Beattie, Ndaira, John Williams...not big buys.

_Johnsy

Referee
Fair point, however they are looking at releasing ANASTA & HARRISON to buy aother "big" name player. they are releasing 2 of their bigger signings to buy another. The club admin needs an overhaul. Its like plugging a dyke, fill in one hole but run the risk of opening two

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Rotten Rooster said:
Your grandfinal is on next month you can then have your mad monday for the rest of the season!

Funny how you offered SBW 6 mill for 10 years lol, one player worth twice as much as your whole club.

Wait until you win more then 3 games before you get cocky!

Peter Holmes a Court denied we were the club behind that offer, and I think I'll take his word over yours.

450K for O'Meley! LMAO! I really hope you get him. He might be worth half that.;-)

The Business

Juniors
aussies1st said:
Lol Chooks paying big dollars for another player. Oh well means they will soon not have enough cash to buy other stars.
Every club spends money on good players. Your club is an exception as nobody wants to go there in the first place.

Moffo

Referee
The Business said:
So you produced O'Meley?

we've had him since his old club folded :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

i never said we did produce him. but we produce plenty, the goosters produce juan f**k all

Danish

Referee
Anyone else notice that no formal offer has been made by the roosters..... its just "believed" that Politis mentioned to someone that they would offer some figure plucked from thin air??

Having said that, with the salary cap pushed up to $4 million $400K is the new $300K. Omeley being a 1st pick for both NSW and Australia means he is most likely worth that much. I fail to see the difference between him and Asotasi, for example. And souths are paying $450K+ for him aren't they?

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
S.S.T.I.D said:
Peter Holmes a Court denied we were the club behind that offer, and I think I'll take his word over yours.

450K for O'Meley! LMAO! I really hope you get him. He might be worth half that.;-)

Better then paying 350 for vungana who hasnt had a decent game since 2002. BTW congrats on the other night!

_Johnsy

Referee
Danish said:
Anyone else notice that no formal offer has been made by the roosters..... its just "believed" that Politis mentioned to someone that they would offer some figure plucked from thin air??

Having said that, with the salary cap pushed up to $4 million $400K is the new $300K. Omeley being a 1st pick for both NSW and Australia means he is most likely worth that much. I fail to see the difference between him and Asotasi, for example. And souths are paying $450K+ for him aren't they?

The difference is that Asotasi is a much better prop than Shrek.

Nice attempt at deflection:roll:

Danish

Referee
_Johnsy said:
The difference is that Asotasi is a much better prop than Shrek.

Nice attempt at deflection:roll:

How so??

They are both walk up starters for their country. Both have excelled at all levels of the game, Omeley more consistently. Omeley's stats are better than Asotasi's bar last year due to injury..... Pretty even IMO.

Best to see how they each go this year before deciding who is better. One of them was no doubt using the other as a crutch, just not sure who as yet.

melon....

Coach
Choppies said:
I don't think we are after him. Just pushing the price up for the Dogs.
I do reckon we are after Williams. I have had mail over the last 6-10 months about it and today in the Herald there is a bit with Williams getting a 3rd party agreement with Wizard and which club has a board member involved with Wizard?

Two words...done deal.

melon....

Coach
S.S.T.I.D said:

LOL@SOUFFS!!!! How much money have you wasted on Peachy, Kidwell and Widders?.

as I said...LOL@SOUFFS.

10 year deal for SBW??? LOL@SOUFFS.

The joke of the league.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
melon.... said:
LOL@SOUFFS!!!! How much money have you wasted on Peachy, Kidwell and Widders?.

as I said...LOL@SOUFFS.

10 year deal for SBW??? LOL@SOUFFS.

The joke of the league.

LOL, Peachey was excellent for us after joining mid-year. Money very well spent. Kidwell is an incumbent test back-rower and Widders is widely accepted as one of the best, if not the best, impact players in the game. Yeah, money out the window!:sarcasm:

I am really disappointed we couldn't attract two geriatric props (Beattie and Nutley) and am especially disappointed we got Asotasi instead of Myles!:D

And I'll be near suicidal if we don't pay 450K for Mark O'Meley!

20-12. Forever. In. Our. Shadow.

Latest posts