What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters bid for O'Meley

aids

Bench
how much is johns and lockyear on at the moment?
becuase if omeley is going to get paid as much as them, then the team offering that money might be a bit on the silly side

the bondi spy

Juniors
aids said:
becuase if omeley is going to get paid as much as them, then the team offering that money might be a bit on the silly side

Speaking of silly, who replaced Scott Prince with John Morris?

aids

Bench
prince wanted to move back to queensland, morris must have been the best option on the market that we could get.
i doubt we've paid overs for him, and considering he was a key part of parra's 05 minor premiership i would guess he is at least good.

paying legend money for a prop isn't a good thing in my opinion

Danish

Referee
aids said:

Lockyer is on $500K I believe.

Johns is on $500K+ from the knights with a further $400K or so from Channel 9 (rules specifically bent for Joey to allow the Ch9 payment)

When you consider both deals were signed when the salary cap was half a million worse off a rumoured $450K is not a ridiculous offer for the current australian/NSW test prop.

The Survivor

Juniors
Moffo said:
f**k off goosters

stop stealing our players because you can't produce your own. go get some of the queer boys from edgecliff off the rugby field and get em into a real game

:crazy: Wha wha wha..:crazy: Have a cry Moffo. O'Meley's a Norths junior. If Easts want to strengthen their pack then good luck to them.

You have to laugh at the idiotic Soufs supporters, beating their chests because they've signed Asotasi. Soufs have achieved nothing. My advice to the stupid Soufs supporters, wait till you've actually won something other than a wooden spoon before you big note your hopeless team.

The Business

Juniors
Moffo said:
we've had him since his old club folded :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

i never said we did produce him. but we produce plenty, the goosters produce juan f**k all
That's not quite correct. The Roosters, like the Bulldogs, spot players from a young age and bring them through the junior sides such as SG Ball, Flegg etc.

aids

Bench
bulldogs are chock full of recruited talent
i think going off the top 25, el buggery, spew-tai, phelps and grub-hughes would be juniors. i might have missed a few.

in any case omeley isn't a junior for either club, no point anyone getting precious over it.
and to think a few years back, omeley was being withheld payments along with a few other players at the northen eagles.
now he looks like he is about to be one of the highest paid props

Ziggy the God

First Grade
The Survivor said:
:crazy: Wha wha wha..:crazy: Have a cry Moffo. O'Meley's a Norths junior. If Easts want to strengthen their pack then good luck to them.

You have to laugh at the idiotic Soufs supporters, beating their chests because they've signed Asotasi. Soufs have achieved nothing. My advice to the stupid Soufs supporters, wait till you've actually won something other than a wooden spoon before you big note your hopeless team.

Hey you, Knobjockey. You have have a total of 11 posts, 8 of them involve knocking the Bunnies. Why the hostility? Is it because you are upset because your boyfriend will now want to come and watch our games, thus forcing you to come along? :lol:

D

Deleted member 10972

_Johnsy said:
Fair point, however they are looking at releasing ANASTA & HARRISON to buy aother "big" name player. they are releasing 2 of their bigger signings to buy another. The club admin needs an overhaul. Its like plugging a dyke, fill in one hole but run the risk of opening two

There is no space in the team for Anasta & Harrison. We have more than enough capable locks in Chris Flannery, Nigel Plum, Setaimata Sa, Mitchell Aubusson, Adam Schubert. Ricky had an obsession with the mobile pack theory, & saw blokes like Flannery & Harrison as backrow options, trying to turn them into Fitzgibbon/Fletcher type players when they neither have the physique nor go forward to fill this role. Now that Anderson prefers a sizeable pack, we have two capable FG locks in Flannery & Plum, & two capable PL locks in Sa & Aubusson, with Schubert still in reggies. I assume though that Flannery will take up a utility forward position on the bench, with one of Anasta & Harrison as the starting lock, but one or the other has to go! The more you try & fit all of them in to FG (which ends up having players playing out of position), the more young blokes who deserve oppurtunities in certain positions occupied by these locks will miss out, & in turn leave the club.

Penance

Juniors
Rotten Rooster said:
Better then paying 350 for vungana who hasnt had a decent game since 2002. BTW congrats on the other night!
LMFAO!!!

You mean when we versed the sharks leading half time 4-0 then losing 4-22 with Asotasi, Kidwell, Jeremy Smith, Merrit, Peachey, Fa'alogo, Champion, Vagana out? f**k im cut.......mad line dude.....and its a trial game...Yeah...im like shattered, im gonna go cry now..lmaoo:sarcasm: :sarcasm:

The Survivor

Juniors
Ziggy the God said:
You have have a total of 11 posts, 8 of them involve knocking the Bunnies. Why the hostility? Is it because you are upset because your boyfriend will now want to come and watch our games, thus forcing you to come along? :lol:

I've touched a nerve it seems. No hostility, It's quite simple, Soufs are crap. Even Canberra have a better looking lineup. Also you'll have to keep the gay jokes for your own club! :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Mack said:
There is no space in the team for Anasta & Harrison. We have more than enough capable locks in Chris Flannery, Nigel Plum, Setaimata Sa, Mitchell Aubusson, Adam Schubert. Ricky had an obsession with the mobile pack theory, & saw blokes like Flannery & Harrison as backrow options, trying to turn them into Fitzgibbon/Fletcher type players when they neither have the physique nor go forward to fill this role. Now that Anderson prefers a sizeable pack, we have two capable FG locks in Flannery & Plum, & two capable PL locks in Sa & Aubusson, with Schubert still in reggies. I assume though that Flannery will take up a utility forward position on the bench, with one of Anasta & Harrison as the starting lock, but one or the other has to go! The more you try & fit all of them in to FG (which ends up having players playing out of position), the more young blokes who deserve oppurtunities in certain positions occupied by these locks will miss out, & in turn leave the club.

really? Anasta and Harrison would have to be the most expensive PL duo in the history of the game, if that's the case.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
The Survivor said:
I've touched a nerve it seems. No hostility, It's quite simple, Soufs are crap. Even Canberra have a better looking lineup. Also you'll have to keep the gay jokes for your own club! :lol:

Raw nerve? I am just pointing out that your posts are full of piss and wind.
Who do you go for Knobjockey, the Swans? :lol:

The Survivor

Juniors
Ziggy the God said:
Raw nerve? I am just pointing out that your posts are full of piss and wind.
Who do you go for Knobjockey, the Swans? :lol:

I proudly support the club that soufs have managed to beat once in 11 years. :lol:

Latest posts