What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters prime time axe, LOL@ROOSTERz

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
I don't understand how souths can be 250k's better off? I think Holmes a Court has pulled that out of his arse - and hoping for 50k to attend as well.....

Tell him he's dreamin'....

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
I just think people dont realise how tough its been being a souths supporter.
For years we have been the joke the easy 2 points.
Every supporter of other teams always made fun of souths.
Every team loved to play souths cause they normally would win.
So now after being in the wilderness for over 15 years we finally have some reason to be happy and give some of our own back and we are seen as going off too hard.

Cmon guys after all it is only the roosters

Brycey

Juniors
S.S.T.I.D said:
Quite frankly we couldn't care less, this isn't a popularity contest.

Although some of you seem to have short memories re: the way in which we were harrassed by Roosters fans for the last 10-15 years. Every day there would be a Roosters fan popping onto a Souths forum and post 'soufs suck' or something to that effect. It's finally coming back to bite them on the arse.
Read your history books sweetheart, you want to get down to the nitty gritty...lets talk SG Ball; the NSWRL board member in the 1950's, the same SG Ball who was at the same time the Souths administrator...and we all know that it was just a coincidence that our boundary lines were changed to the dtriment of Easts and to the benefits of Souths. :roll:

Regarding the thread, good decision...loving my league atm and this Dogs v Rabbits game should be a great contest.

BTW: lol @ Raider69's comment.

miccle

Bench
NGR said:
why are fans from other clubs having a go at souths fans for sticking it to rooster fans? you know they have done it to us for 17odd years now and half of you lot probably have too. Hypocrites

just search OVPs post history and im sure you will see where we are coming from

We know that, but then again by the same token Souths fans retorted with crap about how the Roosters tried to buy a premiership etc.

Only fair that they could easily say the same thing about the Red and Greens by the chooks now, like it or lump it.

Charlie124

First Grade
Rocky Rabbit said:
I just think people dont realise how tough its been being a souths supporter.
For years we have been the joke the easy 2 points.
Every supporter of other teams always made fun of souths.
Every team loved to play souths cause they normally would win.
So now after being in the wilderness for over 15 years we finally have some reason to be happy and give some of our own back and we are seen as going off too hard.

Cmon guys after all it is only the roosters

I think most cowboys fans could sympathise with you here, from 1995 - 2003 we were pretty much the easy beats of the comp along with souths, now we have had a few good years (as bad as 2006 looked, we still had our 3rd best yr ever and only just missed the 8).

I hope this is the re-awakening of souths as a competitive team, their fans deserve it.

Timbo

Staff member
The Preacher said:
Especially when you find half of the Souths supporters that will trundle along on Friday night haven't been to the footy since Mario left the team.

Try 90%.

I love all these Souths 'fans' who have 'always followed the Bunnies'.

Ask them who Brad Watts is and watch their brow furrow.

yakstorm

First Grade
TheBourbonBeast said:
I don't understand how souths can be 250k's better off? I think Holmes a Court has pulled that out of his arse - and hoping for 50k to attend as well.....

Tell him he's dreamin'....

Possibly based upon the difference in viewer numbers, the first FNF game usually draws around 250,000 - 300,000 more than the second FNF game, so there is definantely an advertising advantage to be on the first telecast than the second as a sponsor.

How he worked it out be around 80c - $1 per viewer, I'm not sure, but Live RL coverage on Nine is what every team sponsor wants.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
Charlie124 said:
I think most cowboys fans could sympathise with you here, from 1995 - 2003 we were pretty much the easy beats of the comp along with souths, now we have had a few good years (as bad as 2006 looked, we still had our 3rd best yr ever and only just missed the 8).

I hope this is the re-awakening of souths as a competitive team, their fans deserve it.

Id have to agree with you there Charlie

I hope the team looks at how the cowboys brought themselves out of the gutter and are now one of if not the strongest team in competion.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
yakstorm said:
How he worked it out be around 80c - $1 per viewer, I'm not sure, but Live RL coverage on Nine is what every team sponsor wants.

Yeah, i see where your coming from. The whole advertising thing goes over my head (or subconciously straight into it? i.e at the bar, feeling like a tooheys old and come back with a carlton draught and going wtf??)

Good on souths - they have certainly put the screws on a lot of peoples tipping this year.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Timbo said:
Try 90%.

I love all these Souths 'fans' who have 'always followed the Bunnies'.

Ask them who Brad Watts is and watch their brow furrow.

Brad Watts.. the man who half stepped everyone and only once did I every see him actually step around someone.:crazy:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Jack Off said:
Brad Watts.. the man who half stepped everyone and only once did I every see him actually step around someone.:crazy:

Whatever happened to him?

Trentski

Juniors
miccle said:
We know that, but then again by the same token Souths fans retorted with crap about how the Roosters tried to buy a premiership etc.

Only fair that they could easily say the same thing about the Red and Greens by the chooks now, like it or lump it.

Exactly, that is why i hope souths get no where, all these fans complaining that the Roosters bought a premiership etc. Now their club is trying to do the exact same thing LOL ITs either do what u gotta do 2 survive or die.

What a bunch of spastics the bunnies fan are, Face it, thats why there is a salary cap. To make it a level playing field, regardless where the players came from etc...

btw ill add my 2 cents, GO THE DOGGIES!!! as much as i dislike the doggies, its no where near as much for the Bunnies!

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Drew-Sta said:
Whatever happened to him?

Dunno but I'm glad he's gone. He was the guy who used to kick for touch for us and every time I'd sit there thinking.. please make it into touch. If it did we gained 10 metres but every 1 in 3 it didn't. Pathetic!

Ah the good old days of Watts, Jamie Russo, Jamie Fitzgerald, Ahmad Bajouri etc etc. Not to mention Owen Craigie being our best player. :crazy: FFS I'm starting to feel sorry for myself after remembering the sh*t teams we've named. :x

Don't worry today I said to a bloke who I see 5 days a week at work that I was going to the Dogs souths and his response to me was.. "There coming out of their shell now!" :x

That Pisses me off! Yes I agree souths have ALOT of fans that support Souths that never go to a game and in fact never really care until they go well...much more than most teams. The wierd thing is last year all winter I wore a Souths beanie at work, yet he has the hide to call me a bandwagoner. I asked him the last time he went to a footy game to watch his beloved dragons... his answer before they merged. TOSSER! :lol:

But hey I'm 20 years old and since you only remember footy from 4 or 5 years old I've been a fan since 1990- Bloody great time to start so for the past 16 years I've only had a little joy following my team... the 1994 Tooheys New Cup win against the Broncos where we won 27-16 with a jason bell field goal, and in 1999 where we were in the 8 until Tricky trindall was suspended for a high shot on Peter Shiels and we fell to pieces. So hey we've won 3 games but we have hope something young fans like me have NEVER had with souths and now its our turn in the spotlight and for a while we will celebrate aand siome will carry on but once winning occurs regularly that will calm down to a degree, until then my advice to most is let the red and green express go on it's journey and when it stops at your station feel free to bag and boo them as you like! ;-)

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Trentski said:
Exactly, that is why i hope souths get no where, all these fans complaining that the Roosters bought a premiership etc. Now their club is trying to do the exact same thing LOL ITs either do what u gotta do 2 survive or die.

What a bunch of spastics the bunnies fan are, Face it, thats why there is a salary cap. To make it a level playing field, regardless where the players came from etc...

btw ill add my 2 cents, GO THE DOGGIES!!! as much as i dislike the doggies, its no where near as much for the Bunnies!

We brought a team so what we did what we had to do to get us back on the map. We brought a team like we should have done in 2002 instead we brought rejects and nuffies and it failed. we had to start all over again- much like the Titans and we bought players that will help our juniors come along (and by juniors I mean the 1-3 Souths ones that are 1st grade material each year). Difference between us and the Roosters ATM is not much in terms of buying a team but the difference is we will not continue to buy stars instead foucsing on our younger players many of whom have seen 1st grade too early like Champion, McPherson, Talanoa, Paea and Gordon.

And spastics...:roll: Roosters forever in our shadow!:lol:

Choppies

Coach
Jack Off. In 2002 to be fair from what I remember there wasnt that much good talent on the market and you only had a short period of time to get a team together. You looked to have a good foundation to build on with the signings for 2003 but you stuffed it with signing the coaching genius Langmack.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I don't mind Souths fans giving it to Roosters fans (especially the ones more derving). But if they start cocking off to other supporters for no reason... then they are kidding themselves.

And :lol: at those trying to bag Souths for having an increase in attendance. FFS, of course more people are gonna wanna be apart of em if they are winning, no one wants to support losers, & any other clubs fans would do the same.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Choppies said:
Jack Off. In 2002 to be fair from what I remember there wasnt that much good talent on the market and you only had a short period of time to get a team together. You looked to have a good foundation to build on with the signings for 2003 but you stuffed it with signing the coaching genius Langmack.

well see we at Souths had stubborn leadership. We were accepted back in august and had to wait till Spetember to sign players. all the "good players" were signed already and we signed an aging Adam Muir, Glenn grief (lasted 1 year), Andrew (I'm suspended half they year) hart, injury prone Anthony Colella and our big backline signing...Russell turnstyle-how the hell did I play for Australia Richardson. :crazy:

Look at what the Titans did... 2 years to recruit players... that has helped build them a solid core. You can't blame our admin though we signed ANYONE to high priced deals because they could ask for it as we had no-one else. it has taken us this long to recover...and now we seemingly to be reaping some sort of benefits.

And Immortal I agree 100% with you said.

Trentski

Juniors
Jack off,

I dont mind South's Success, in all honesty it is really good for the game (50k crowd expected for this friday nite wooot), but i would feel pretty sh*t if every game i went to they lost as u have been for many years

I do get annoyed tho as alot of the bunnies supporters took the piss over the years of the Roosters success of how the players were all "bought" etc etc or "the salary cap doesnt apply to the roosters." People talk sh*t, got nothing else to say, more or less jealous of another fans teams success.

Regardless if the player was established or not, the plain underlying point is the player was bought from another club.

Frankly who cares? every team will get their fair share of success, whether it is this year, next year, or in 10 years (in the bunnies case its been a while). The salary cap is for that exact reason.