What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters sack Carney!

Cliffhanger

Coach
Anasta has some creativity and is willing to chance his hand, I like that, but too often this results in a kick going out on the full, a wasted opportunity, us getting caught on the last tackle in our own half, a dropped ball due to disjointed attack, or a kick off out on the full...

Haha, I just remembered how Ben Hornby kicked off out on the full twice in a row a few weeks ago, haha merge.

kiwiaus

Juniors
I too am disappointed at the way we don't handle these situations "in-house" better like some other clubs do. We should have told the papers to bugger off. If that cabbie had just rung the club and not the papers as well, he would still be with us.

I don't believe he was the sole contributor to our teams demise this year.

The team didn't look divided on the field during the year, we were just playing crap.

Looks like the Tele won this won this one.

And don't forget all the injuries we had. I don't think Todd was the sole factor either.
Wonder who the media will target now!

minichiello

Juniors
True that Anasta isn't the most consistent half when it comes to the creative play but I believe he plays better with a steady hand, especially since he wouldn't have trained all year at 5/8 and then he fits in so well, if he trained there again we could certainly push for a deep finals position. I am more concerned about the backline atm Peni Tagive as a first choice winger is concerning.

Cliffhanger

Coach
We should not have let Linnett and Graham go tbh especially when Justin Carney got to stay and BJ is frequently played at Winger.

minichiello

Juniors
Graham is the biggest loss imo what he showed since the Penrith game he clearly deserved to stay here and not be depth for the incumbent wooden spooners. He was a great finisher. Linnett I was indifferent about especially with Leilua capable of centre and Moga coming through.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Yeah, Graham's form came from nowhere, and he was pretty unstoppable by the end of the season, what I liked about Linnett was that he was really consistent and always put his body on the line, he's not indispensable but he definitely deserved to stay.

Kokora

Juniors
Not sure if anyone else noticed at the members BBQ they were selling the Carney Army t-shirts for $5.
I gathered from that he was gone......I bought 4 of them.

Red Bear

Referee
I don't think his head was in the right place, for whatever reason - bad offseason, dramaas from injuries and media attention, or the infamous rumours that have been flying around - but he was a liability on and off the field. Constant headlines, albeit for minor issues that I don't give a f**k about, and contributed absolutely NOTHING this year.

That said, gutted to see him go. With a good offseason behind him we all know what he could have been capable of in 2012. He seems like a nice bloke, I feel sorry for him, he's literally too stupid to take advantage of the talent he has, and I don't mean that as a joke. Would love to be cheering "Carney Army" in the chookpen again :(

As for next year - our halves will be fine if our forwards lay the platform. Which they will.
Thought it was abit sad that all he really needed to do was not drink, yet he kept drinking. alcoholic type behaviour.

Hooch

Juniors
Not sure if anyone else noticed at the members BBQ they were selling the Carney Army t-shirts for $5.
I gathered from that he was gone......I bought 4 of them.

Get 3 of your mates get out there and just go spastic.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Thought it was abit sad that all he really needed to do was not drink, yet he kept drinking. alcoholic type behaviour.

I don't think he needed to quit drinking, expecting him to quit drinking was unrealistic expectation. I think what he needed was the Daily Telegraph to stop sensationalising his drinking. Most NRL fans came to believe that Carney drinking was the ultimate transgression, even Roosters fans were so ready to lynch him just for having a f**king beer! So few people stop to think how ridiculous that is.

I find it hard to believe Carney would just ask for a release.

It's either ask for a release or get the sack, he didn't want out but it's a saving grace

Except for the fact he never got off the drink at all and it only became a problem when the Telecrap wrote about it. Too bad the Telecrap don't stalk Pearce

kiwiaus

Juniors
The telecrap just hounded him all the time. Did anyone see footage of the reporter outside Bondi Ink? I saw it on the Roosters Wall, she was stalking him. :x
I want to know why Nate Myles was out drinking with Todd and Frank-Paul when he was one of the senior players that put the ban in place. Was this a ploy to get him in trouble with the club. I'm sad to see Todd go.

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
The telecrap just hounded him all the time. Did anyone see footage of the reporter outside Bondi Ink? I saw it on the Roosters Wall, she was stalking him. :x
I want to know why Nate Myles was out drinking with Todd and Frank-Paul when he was one of the senior players that put the ban in place. Was this a ploy to get him in trouble with the club. I'm sad to see Todd go.

I'd love to know the real reason we let myles go to begin with.

Red Bear

Referee
I don't think he needed to quit drinking, expecting him to quit drinking was unrealistic expectation. I think what he needed was the Daily Telegraph to stop sensationalising his drinking. Most NRL fans came to believe that Carney drinking was the ultimate transgression, even Roosters fans were so ready to lynch him just for having a f**king beer! So few people stop to think how ridiculous that is.

I find it hard to believe Carney would just ask for a release.

Except for the fact he never got off the drink at all and it only became a problem when the Telecrap wrote about it. Too bad the Telecrap don't stalk Pearce
Essentially I agree, although getting pissed isnt going to help your football having a beer or two is no big deal. But it did hit the point where he was being watched, he knew he was being watched, and he kept going drinking. He could've stayed at home and drunk, or he could've stopped drinking altogether to avoid the chance of losing his contract, but he kept going out. Asking for trouble, really.

And it's shit that that is the way it is now, and not fair on the players that they cant do what others regularly do, at least not in public, but unfortunately we live in a world where if you're high profile and pissed people will spot that, rile you up etc and get you in the papers. The telegraph are not going to stop being scumbags so players have to change

What annoys me is other players in the team drink the piss like water but because that cancer at the Telecrap doesn't hire people to stalk them nothing comes of it.

One day I hope the club just bans the Telecrap

Red Bear

Referee
I wish society would simply shun that sanitary napkin of a paper, but unfortunately alot of morons/right wingers read it

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Jake is a great example of turbot it around. In light of this Robert lui incident coming up today, does anyone else agree that if he stays at the tigpies, noycey should be straight on the phone to toddy, with the 6 jersey and new contract ha ha. If only huh

Latest posts