What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters sign Nick Kouparitsas

Geohood

Bench
http://www.sydneyroosters.com.au/new...ArticleID=3862

The Sydney Roosters are pleased to announce that second rower Nick Kouparitsas will sign with the Club tomorrow, further bolstering the forward pack.Kouparitsas, previously with the Canterbury Bulldogs, is a skillful ball playing back rower."Nick is a high quality person with a great work ethic who has oversome some serious injuries to get his career back on track," said Roosters recruiter Peter O'Sullivan."He was a bit of a child prodigy and will fit in well with our squad. He has established a good combination with Mark O'Meley previously so the team will benefit from that as well."He will sign with the Club for the remainder of 2009 and 2010.

Geohood

Bench
I reckon it's a good buy whats so wrong with it? Good player, having a bit of a rough patch atm though admittedly.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
I like this signing, providing it was for a very low amount. I agree with TT if we lose wither of those 3 players I would be very pissed off.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Haha got me 'cos I saw a link and I never click on them, plus it's well past midday now so I presumed it was serious. Now that I look at it I see a typo in there aswell.

*sigh*

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Really? Why does the link not work and it isn't posted on the Roosters homepage either. f**k is it true or not?

canberrabear

Juniors
this is a great signing for you guys. i played against nick in the canberra junior rugby league competition. he plays tough and has a lot of skill. he played really well at 5/8 for the raiders for a while too. he can kick goals and has some speed. best position will be in the backrow.

nick is a great bloke too.

adamkungl

Immortal
this is a far too late joke right? There are some writing errors in there that I assume wouldn't be on a real article, and we signed a bloke yesterday for christs sake

Sugar

Bench
Nick Kouparitsas still chained to the Bulldogs kennel
By Josh Massoud | April 02, 2009 12:00am

Not in the tri-colours yet ... a row over money has prevented former Bulldog Nick Kouparitsas from lining up with the Roosters. / The Daily Telegraph
A ROW over money has prevented fallen Bulldogs back-rower Nick Kouparitsas from lining up with the Roosters for tomorrow night's clash with the Eels.
Kouparitsas was granted a verbal release by the Bulldogs yesterday afternoon and was set to sign with their Bondi rivals this morning.

Ravaged by injuries to several young back-rowers and the one-week suspension of Nate Myles and Willie Mason for breaching the club's drinking policy, the tricolours are desperate for capable forwards to fill the breach.

But just as the Roosters were preparing to parade the 25-year-old before the media, a dispute over his payout figure from the Bulldogs stopped the move.

The Bulldogs had agreed to pay out $120,000, but Kouparitsas believed the figure was on top of monies he has already earned since the start of the NRL financial year on 1 November 2008.

Related LinksBulldogs v Sharks: club spat over discipline issue
Ins and outs: Full NRL teams for round four
Bulldogs officials disagreed, insisting the figure included the $58,000 Kouparitsas has already been paid over the past six months. They refused to sign off on any release and expect Kouparitsas to report for training at Olympic Park this morning.

Had Kouparitsas made it on to the SFS in a Roosters jersey tomorrow night, it would have represented an incredible change of fortune for the ACT junior.

After making 13 NRL appearances last season, Kouparitsas has been stranded with the Bulldogs' NSW Cup feeder side Bankstown City Bulls behind the fleet of high-profile recruits who arrived at Belmore this year.

O'Sullivan said the Roosters were prepared to sign Kouparitsas until the end of 2010. His signature would have had minimal impact on their salary cap because of the Bulldogs payout.

The Roosters did, however, sign former Gold Coast winger Smith Samau yesterday. O'Sullivan declined to respond when asked if leaked photos of Todd Carney posing nude would jeopardise negotiations with the sacked Raiders star. http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/sport/nrl/story/0,26799,25276281-5006066,00.html