What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters sounding out O'Meley for '08 season

OVP

Coach
I wouldnt be at all surprised if this was simply a made up story just to incite the crowd. If there is problems at the game between the two sets of fans (reknowned for hating each other :)) then the Smellygraph should be charged with inciting a riot.

mattyg

Bench
im am absolutely p*ssed off about this. I wouldn't have expected any other club but the roosters to use this rule first. **** the roosters. It seems to me like the NRL just make up rules to favour the roosters. Its ridiculous that with 1.5 years left on his current contract he is already negotiating with another club. Bring back June 30. Whats next...they will try and sign Mason for the 2010 season?

Matty, settle.

It's increasingly obvious that it's a Telegraph beat-up.

I guess time will tell but I tend to think the Roosters may not be the real culprit here. Either way, if they did or didn't it's not against the current rules.

sretsoor

Juniors
mattyg said:
im am absolutely p*ssed off about this. I wouldn't have expected any other club but the roosters to use this rule first. **** the roosters. It seems to me like the NRL just make up rules to favour the roosters. Its ridiculous that with 1.5 years left on his current contract he is already negotiating with another club. Bring back June 30. Whats next...they will try and sign Mason for the 2010 season?

Dude relax!

Firstly, it aint true.

Secondly, all the clubs wanted the June 30 scrapped.

Nathan B

Juniors
mattyg said:

Dear Malcolm,

The press article which appeared in the sports section of today's Daily Telegraph written by Dean Ritchie is totally untrue and without foundation.

Malcolm I look forward to our continuing discussions regarding O'Meley's retention at the Bulldogs beyond Season 2007.

Yours sincerely,

Wayne Beavis
All Sports Management Pty Ltd

It's Dean Ritchie and the Telegraph. There's need to worry about crap like this written by trivial people in trivial papers.

mattyg

Bench
Already lost 2 players to the roosters in 2 years, i just couldn't stand to lose a 3rd player to them. But the NRL should definately stop clubs negotiating a few years in advance. I wouldn't be surprised if the story is a beat up.

Mr Saab

Referee
mattyg said:
Already lost 2 players to the roosters in 2 years, i just couldn't stand to lose a 3rd player to them. But the NRL should definately stop clubs negotiating a few years in advance. I wouldn't be surprised if the story is a beat up.

Anasta was not that big a loss.

Why did you go off then if you think it is a beatup?

mattyg

Bench
Because i hadn't read the comment from Wayne Beavis. I have lost 3 of my favourite players in the past 3 years (Anasta, Asotasi, Price). And O'Meley is another favourite of mine, i can't stand losing all of our good players that we have supported over the years. Also the Telegraph article (which i read on here because i don't buy that paper) wasn't the only article i read about it all.

C.P

Juniors
Even though Dean Ritchie is the king of beat-ups I wouldnt be surprised if its true. The Roosters and Beavis swear no approach has been made, but this is the same Roosters hierarchy that swore blue in the face weeks ago that there was no chance in hell that Finch would be playing elsewhere next year, at least this time the story might actually give Ricky a heads up as to whats actually happening at the club :lol:
With the departure of Anasta, Myles and O'Meley to Bondi I propose to all Roosters fans that you just save yourselves some time and pain and become Bulldogs supporters now ;-)

mattyg

Bench
funny thing is that they are signing players that they hated immensly a few years ago. Couldn't even consider liking players such as Anasta and O'Meley back in 2004. Now they are signing them all.

sretsoor

Juniors
Seriously folks, you dont come out and say ' Finch is a cancer to our club and we are looking to offload him ASAP' just cause some jounro calls up and wants a story. No club would. It would be detrimental to the club and team harmony. It's like playing poker and saying I have a bad hand! Why does everyone believe everything that is printed FFS.

C.P

Juniors
Say no comment, its not hard. Look at Denis Fitzgerald he's made an artform of justifying himself to no one and saying no comment for 15 years. Saying stupid things like he's never going anywhere and then offloading him 5 minutes later just makes the Roosters look like idiots

Pando

Juniors
What's to say the Bulldogs will even want O'Meley after 2008?

He might be too expensive to keep, or addled with injury by then.