What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters Team, No Wing

Bazal

Post Whore
To be honest I rate their pack...this is going to be tough given our shortage of size. Add to that the fact that they have nothing to lose, and we suddenly find ourselves in a postion where we do have something to lose, and this could be a very dangerous game for us.

bartman

Immortal
A reasonable forward pack there, if they play to their ability. We have to make sure our troops are solid, and our bench has enough forward replacements *heads off to look at Parra team*

Kornstar

Coach
It could be an interesting second half, as both teams have scored very well in the second half of games in the last month. Could be very close at half time and then try for try in the second.....

I just hope the "mathematical" sniff of a finals berth may screw the Roosters over again. As if the Bronco's lose all 3 games remaining, someone could sneak in the 8.......i know it is a stretch but i hope that is what they are thinking!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
I am very worried about this one...when's the last time we played a team our finals contention? Souths?

If there's ever been an acid test in our run to the finals it's this one.

Eelectrica

Referee
I agree Eelevation. We showed signs in the first half that our streak may be nearing an end. Sharks couldn't get their act together.
The Roosters on the other hand have shown if they are given even the smallest chance of victory they'll take it.

Parraren

Bench
Anyone know the last time we beat the Roosters at Aussie/SFS?

I think it may have been as far back as the final round of 2001.

Danger game this one.

Nickeel

Juniors
Redback71 said:
and maybe us this week

The team just has to treat the Roosters with the same respect as they have every other opponent in this winning run and they will win.

It is when you are not switched on and not treating the opponents with wariness that cracks can begin to appear. I am confident that this team will not let that happen.

Nick

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parraren said:
Anyone know the last time we beat the Roosters at Aussie/SFS?

I think it may have been as far back as the final round of 2001.

Danger game this one.

correct, 2001, 24-18, the following year we drew 12 all, 2003 we lost 32-14, 2004 lost 48-10, and last year....lets not talk about that.

Nickeel

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
correct, 2001, 24-18, the following year we drew 12 all, 2003 we lost 32-14, 2004 lost 48-10, and last year....lets not talk about that.

2001 was 27-26. I remember it well. Bloody nerve-wracking game to be at. In all the analyses people wondered if we had shown some frailty and tiredness that might be exposed in the finals... :(

Nick