What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters team v Brisbane

Moffo

Referee
Broncs will dominate, Roosters have proven little this year. They almost lost to souths and penrith beat penrith through poor handling and stupid intercept passes

JBW1983

Juniors
Ricky Stuart would never have signed Finch or Firman if he didn't see alot of talent in them... They were 2 players whose careers he had been keenly following for a while... Raiders fans simply took out their frustrations on Finchy because they were hopeless.

Firman got dropped because at the dragons, as has been plain for everyone to see, there's more decisions made on politics than on merits and they'd made their usual poor start to the season and needed someone to take the heat off Brown. (Not that i have any problem with Brown, I think hes a good coach but everyone's got to see survive)

Kiwi said:
JBW1983 said:
Firman played virtually his whole rookie season with barrett on the sidelines... that is why there was such a hype about him... he instantly took control of the team. Having a coach as hard a taskmaster as Stuart and there being so many big names (and egos i can admit that) at his new club its understandable that he's made a fairly nervous start to the season... not to mention coming back from a serious long term injury.

Finch, similarly, was used to playing half/five-eight for the raiders, always with the pressure of being the only real play maker and was virtually always one of their best on the field... Fair enough, last year he had the great Brad Fittler outside him but he still ran about 90% of the plays and kicking which proves he has an abundance of his own skill

He was even booed by Raider fans well before he signed with the Roosters.

That says more about Raiders fans than it does about Brett Finch.

And what exactly are the "Raiders" supposed to be "raiding" anyway? -- old age retirement villages?

:lol:

Finch had some of his best matches for Easts in 2003/4 when Brad Fittler was injured and on the sideline. So I don't think it makes much sense to state that he only looked good with Fittler beside him.

Who knows how he will go this year w/out Fittler? Wouldn't it be better to reserve judgement until after we've seen him perform w/out Fittler in the team? Why the need to make these silly judgements w/out having seen any evidence? Or are you one of these kids who doesn't like Finch because of his teeth?

JBW1983

Juniors
Well put... but the reason we are speculating is because I told them on the previous page that I have faith that by the end of the yr (if not sooner) Finch/Firman will combine so well that they will rival Hill/Orford

bomberman

Juniors
Anyone know how many free tickets the Roosters are giving away tonight? Just trying to pick the crowd that alls. Being Good Friday, I'd say 20,000. Add in their 700 Sydney members. Plus the other 1,500 non members. A few thousand Brisbane fans. Stadium members. Officials.

24,500 is my tip.

renouf

Juniors
Moffo said:
Broncs will dominate, Roosters have proven little this year. They almost lost to souths and penrith beat penrith through poor handling and stupid intercept passes

agreed. The fact that the Roosters don't have a good halves combination atm will be their downfall tonight. They'll match it in the forwards no worries and I'd expect their backs to give Brisbane a bit of trouble. But really.. unless Brisbane have an off night (which doesn't usually happen when they come to sydney) it should be a comfortable win.

melon....

Coach
Latest team updates from Sports Tonight, Minichiello in for Walker, Finch on the bench replacing Catic (you reckon this ones the smoke screen?), and Corey Parker withdraws as well from the Brisbane team.

ozboy

Juniors
I tip the Roosters to win comfortably.

For me the Broncos pack is too slow and un-agile to match it with the big teams, and the same flaws which have appeared in the last few finals series will appear.

I thought they were heading in the right direction when they played Parker and Stagg together in the first game, but now with Parker injured we will probably see Brad Thorn starting with Webcke and Civoniceva who already have people questioning whether they could play together at the same time.

The Broncos have an all-star back line, but for me Darren Lockyer has not performed all that great in the NRL recently and towards the back end of last season.

The Roosters are just the better all-round team, even if they do carry a halfback in Brett Firman.

Moffo

Referee
It is a cold night out at the SFS, im still expecting Mini to pull out or at least start off the bench

sydraider

First Grade
And what exactly are the "Raiders" supposed to be "raiding" anyway? -- old age retirement villages?

I cant wait till rd 5 when adamson takes morley to school and smith shows what a real 5/8 is!

Who knows how he will go this year w/out Fittler? Wouldn't it be better to reserve judgement until after we've seen him perform w/out Fittler in the team? Why the need to make these silly judgements w/out having seen any evidence? Or are you one of these kids who doesn't like Finch because of his teeth?

The roosters have been lucky first two rounds IMO, they may improve, they may not, you guys will miss freddy, thats a given but seriously you havent set the world on fire and i cant see that changing much with finch at 5/8, BTW he does have shocking teeth :lol:

That says more about Raiders fans than it does about Brett Finch.

Is that like the 60-70 min chookpen, you guys were awfully quiet against the bunnies until you took the lead, 10 minute cheering dont count but then again half of the chookpen are all blow ins due to recent success!

OVP

Coach
Moffo said:

I might be using that as my sig after tonight :lol: ;-)

Moffo

Referee
Your location is 'rooster world' yet you aren't at the game??

I might use your last comment as my sig after the game...

Kris_man

Bench
JBW1983 said:
Finch, similarly, was used to playing half/five-eight for the raiders, always with the pressure of being the only real play maker and was virtually always one of their best on the field...

what are you talking about?? He had Jason Croker inside him on a number of occasions :oops:

but you're wrong about him being among the best on the field for us. he did have one great aspect of his game, though - the "grubber kick into the legs of the opponent". by gee, was he good at that!

renouf

Juniors
OVP said:
Moffo said:

I might have to change this to my sig aswell

On second thoughts.. nah

gregstar

Referee
OVP said:
Moffo said:

go hammers OVP! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mightypanther

Juniors
ozboy

For me the Broncos pack is too slow and un-agile to match it with the big teams, and the same flaws which have appeared in the last few finals series will appear.

The Roosters are just the better all-round team, even if they do carry a halfback in Brett Firman.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Broncos ....... 40

goosters ...... 22

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I couldn't resist.........nah.......truth is I didn't want to resist..... :lol: :mrgreen:

Kiwi

First Grade
ozboy said:

I thought they were heading in the right direction when they played Parker and Stagg together in the first game, but now with Parker injured we will probably see Brad Thorn starting with Webcke and Civoniceva who already have people questioning whether they could play together at the same time.

The Broncos have an all-star back line, but for me Darren Lockyer has not performed all that great in the NRL recently and towards the back end of last season.

Would you like a towel? That is alot of egg on your face, how about two?

JBW1983

Juniors
If there's only one thing that tonight proved its that ozboy is the one on the drugs... Lay off em son! Well done to the broncos, they were just too good, we couldn't match it with em after alot of disruptions and injuries and the start we gave em :( ... If there's one positive us rooster fans can take out of the game is that Finch was absolutely superb