What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

roosters thought there flegg side was good

tupac

Juniors
All last year we heard from gus about how great his roosters flegg side was. If you look at our side we have snowden playing first grade already, Hinton has forced himself into premier league and Mullen also forced himself into premier league. He was also nearly thrown into first grade at the start of the year when k gidley was out. So we could realy load up our flegg side if we wanted to. I would love us to do it next time we play the roosters :lol: :lol:

roopy

Referee
The Roosters spent a small fortune on their Flegg side last season. I have heard Albert Hopate was offered $60,000 to stay at Wests - but the Roosters made him a better deal. Jermaine Ale was on about $40,000 a season - and I'd say the entire team were full time pros.
Our guys would be lucky to be getting $60,000 for the whole team.

We have had a few in firsts also.

Soliola, Hannant, Perrett last year. Soward is in Premier league now as are a few others. Mickey Paea will be in firsts next.

tupac

Juniors
i didnot relise that roopy that is very suprising thats alot of money for people so young to. With that statment are you reinforcing my statement tht we have put togher such a good team. I would think the only players from our flegg on good money would be snowden, muler and maybe utae

roopy

Referee
Snowden and Muller are both in our top 25 and being paid out of our salary cap money (I think Hinton is as well). This is so we can keep them because others are keen to sign them.
With our Ball and Flegg sides going so well this season I expect we will get up to a dozen rep players this year, and we will probably lose half of them to other teams.

tupac

Juniors
Out of interest if you could put sg ball and flegg togher to make a supper team if you get what iam saying what would it be 1-17

roopy

Referee
tupac said:
Out of interest if you could put sg ball and flegg togher to make a supper team if you get what iam saying what would it be 1-17
The Ball season will be over in about 3 or 4 weeks (or a bit longer if we make the grandfinal).
After that the best of the Ball guys will be given a shot at Flegg - unless they want to concentrate on their HSC of course.
At this stage the only guys I would put up are Terrence Seu Seu at fullback, Luke Walsh as halfback till Dureau gets over his injury, and Hayden Jeans and maybe Wendall Wilson in the forwards.
Callan Richardson has been injured for three weeks, and if he gets back on deck i would give him a run as well - and Uate would be a good guy to put in the squad for experience.
Joel Barton and Jacob Ling are both rep forwards and should be in the squad, but it is hard to see them getting a game without injuries happening.

Rex Banner

Juniors
Terrance Seu Seu would be a maybe for Flegg but Luke Walsh is an absolute deffinate. Even though he is eligable for S.G.Ball he should have been the starting halfback in Flegg this year. He was the starting halfback in the Ball side last year and on Sunday in the second half of the Flegg game he showed how much better than Dureau he is.
The sooner Walsh is 1/2 back and Abel is 5/8 the whole team might play at a higher level.
The other players mentioned by Roopy would be very lucky to be considered when an U17 NSW forward is already on the bench.

Latest posts