What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rorters vs Mighty Rampaging Rabbitohs!

TheFrog

Coach
This year we were just off the pace all year and looked like we were treading water to get to the finals. The only real disappointment for me was the Panthers game and had it not been for a referee not referring a decision (about the first one all year) we would have won that - although we probably didn't deserve to.

The ref thought it wasn't a try. If he'd referred it on that basis it would have come back no try. The video does not show when the ref called held. Even if it didn't touch a blade of grass (doubtful) if the ref called held he can't then refer it upstairs as play has been stopped and the defence has stopped defending and started getting into position for the play the ball. Why is this so difficult to understand?

You got beaten by a team who outplayed you on the day, live with it.

Geohood

Bench
Yeah lol been there done that. You were bound to win sometime and deserved it so grats. See u in rd 1.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
Would you call it your most disappointing season? This Roosters fan I know says it's the most disappointing Roosters season he's witnessed 'because they didn't play one game for the full 80 with all of the talent they have'. I think that's a load of shit. You made the preliminary final regardless, and a lot of defending champions don't even go that far.

Disappointing no but frustrating yes. Very few complete 80 minute performances but f**k me they got the minor premiership and got to the PF so looking back a pretty good year. But it was a missed opportunity.

The loss against the Riff came back and bit them on the bum then they had to play the Cowplods then Souffs. In the end the Chooks didn't deserve to make the GF, disappointing season - no, but it was certainly frustrating watching them in 2014.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
The ref thought it wasn't a try. If he'd referred it on that basis it would have come back no try. The video does not show when the ref called held. Even if it didn't touch a blade of grass (doubtful) if the ref called held he can't then refer it upstairs as play has been stopped and the defence has stopped defending and started getting into position for the play the ball. Why is this so difficult to understand?

You got beaten by a team who outplayed you on the day, live with it.

I don't disagree with you about being beaten by a team who played better on the day. However, the ref did not called held.

In a hypothetical situation of the ref (Maxwell) calling 'held' it would have been a go back and play the ball (as that as done all season when players played on after being called held) still with a few tackles up the Roosters sleeve and not a Penrith Penalty which led to a Penrith try.

saint.nick

Coach
Disappointing no but frustrating yes. Very few complete 80 minute performances but f**k me they got the minor premiership and got to the PF so looking back a pretty good year. But it was a missed opportunity.

The loss against the Riff came back and bit them on the bum then they had to play the Cowplods then Souffs. In the end the Chooks didn't deserve to make the GF, disappointing season - no, but it was certainly frustrating watching them in 2014.

The guy on facebook based his disappointment on the amount of talent in the Roosters team. Yeah, he's got a point, but it doesn't always work that way. He got way too carried away after last year IMO.

Lambretta

First Grade
The guy on facebook based his disappointment on the amount of talent in the Roosters team. Yeah, he's got a point, but it doesn't always work that way. He got way too carried away after last year IMO.

Pretty much bang on point

Near the start of the season I posted in a "who do you think will win the Premiership thread" with Souths. I just had the feeling that this would be their year, at least to make the GF. They'd come close before, they had the experience, they had a mix of experience and youth and Sam Burgess was about to leave to go to Union. I said providing they don't suffer stupid injuries, they'll go all the way.

I honestly thought we'd be playing them in the GF, but going back to back is incredibly hard and my hopes for the Roosters were a top 4 finish and a shake in the finals.

I was a little disappointed, but it wasn't a huge let down. We were beaten in the semi final by the eventual champions. That's not a bad effort.

I'm still proud to support the Chooks

saint.nick

Coach
Pretty much bang on point

Near the start of the season I posted in a "who do you think will win the Premiership thread" with Souths. I just had the feeling that this would be their year, at least to make the GF. They'd come close before, they had the experience, they had a mix of experience and youth and Sam Burgess was about to leave to go to Union. I said providing they don't suffer stupid injuries, they'll go all the way.

I honestly thought we'd be playing them in the GF, but going back to back is incredibly hard and my hopes for the Roosters were a top 4 finish and a shake in the finals.

I was a little disappointed, but it wasn't a huge let down. We were beaten in the semi final by the eventual champions. That's not a bad effort.

I'm still proud to support the Chooks

I'd be proud of this year too. I still shake my head over how he said it's their most disappointing season ever. I mean, does that REALLY top 2008? If you didn't f**k it up against the Panthers, you would have played them in the GF for sure. But the only thing stopping Souths this year was their stutter in a big finals game, and they absolutely conquered it. Their new outside backs this year made a massive difference, and their lack of was a big reason why they fell down last year. It's hard to go up a gear in the finals when you don't have the outside backs like a hardened Walker, experienced Tuqiri and gun Alex Johnston to capitalise on creativity.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
I'd be proud of this year too. I still shake my head over how he said it's their most disappointing season ever. I mean, does that REALLY top 2008? If you didn't f**k it up against the Panthers, you would have played them in the GF for sure. But the only thing stopping Souths this year was their stutter in a big finals game, and they absolutely conquered it. Their new outside backs this year made a massive difference, and their lack of was a big reason why they fell down last year. It's hard to go up a gear in the finals when you don't have the outside backs like a hardened Walker, experienced Tuqiri and gun Alex Johnston to capitalise on creativity.

Spot on..2009 was the most disappointing season for me winning the spoon, There are also plenty of other seasons in my life time worse than this season as a Chooks supporter. Including 1983-1986, 1988-2005, 1999 and 2001 were somewhat frustrating during the golden Fittler era and post Freddy 2005-2009 and 2011 and 2012 as more disappointing seasons than 2014.

So that guy you spoke with must have a short memory or totally got ahead of himself thinking you win competitions with your squad on paper only.

Hahahahahahaha I f***ing love that, a lol@$ouff$ supporter having a go at us cheating the salary cap, when they are the worst at it! The rort that $ouff$ have going on with the burge$$ girl$ and their mummy, along with all their "self managed" players such as luke, walker and teo etc, being self managed as it is much easier to receive the extra off the cap rorting payments without managers getting in the way.

Oh and lets not also talk about the burge$$ girls and their HGH program. F***ing cheating pr!cks!

rabbitohs95

Bench
Hahahahahahaha I f***ing love that, a lol@$ouff$ supporter having a go at us cheating the salary cap, when they are the worst at it! The rort that $ouff$ have going on with the burge$$ girl$ and their mummy, along with all their "self managed" players such as luke, walker and teo etc, being self managed as it is much easier to receive the extra off the cap rorting payments without managers getting in the way.

Oh and lets not also talk about the burge$$ girls and their HGH program. F***ing cheating pr!cks!

Loving how the Roosters fans are continually making up theories. Makes the win that much better.

Loving how the Roosters fans are continually making up theories. Makes the win that much better.

No theories chump, facts straight from an impeccable source that I would be willing to put my life on it!!

And that is not taking into account all the help given to you by the refs throughout the year. FMD you cheating c***s come out well on top in the for and against with penalties, unlike us who get the living f*** penalized out of us and receive SFA penalties!

Enjoy your contrived, tainted premiership lol@$ouff$ supporter, I know the 'facts' and I will wholeheartedly enjoy our hard earned and thoroughly deserved premiership win from just last year!! ;-) :)

rabbitohs95

Bench
No theories chump, facts straight from an impeccable source that I would be willing to put my life on it!!

And that is not taking into account all the help given to you by the refs throughout the year. FMD you cheating c***s come out well on top in the for and against with penalties, unlike us who get the living f*** penalized out of us and receive SFA penalties!

Enjoy your contrived, tainted premiership lol@$ouff$ supporter, I know the 'facts' and I will wholeheartedly enjoy our hard earned and thoroughly deserved premiership win from just last year!! ;-) :)

lol