What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rosters Discussion

How should the rosters be constructed for this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Next step is figuring out how big our rosters will be and how they will be constructed.

I'll let others have a say before I chime in.

I will say, I'm keen on large rosters with IDP, not too dissimilar from the IDP Masters rosters.

kurt faulk

Coach

Idp is the way to go but I'm not sure if everyone has experience with it. I guess we could give them some advice with it.

The starting roster should be similar to the idp league. Maybe only start 3 lbers since there are 14 teams.

zombie jesus

Staff member
MFL allows you to break up IDP positions. So you can have DTs and DEs and Ss and CBs as opposed to DL and DB.

Idp is the way to go but I'm not sure if everyone has experience with it. I guess we could give them some advice with it.

The starting roster should be similar to the idp league. Maybe only start 3 lbers since there are 14 teams.

Yeah go the whole hog IDPs please

zombie jesus

Staff member
My thoughts are

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
2 RB/WR/TE
2 DE
1 DT
3 LB
2 CB
2 S

18 starters + 18 bench

4 practice squad/development squad slots
2 IR slots

Max: 44 man roster

abpanther

Staff member
I dunno man that's a huge IDP roster, I'm not sure we should go that large, particularly given there's already going to be a lot to absorb for owners.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I dunno man that's a huge IDP roster, I'm not sure we should go that large, particularly given there's already going to be a lot to absorb for owners.

What would you cut?
I think if you cut it too much it can devalue the positions because there will be a glut of options on the waiver wire every week.

Dogs Of War

Coach
What would you cut?
I think if you cut it too much it can devalue the positions because there will be a glut of options on the waiver wire every week.

But will there with squad sizes of 36 players each? That's probably all the best players taken. Plus it will be interesting how the contract side of things works.

zombie jesus

Staff member
But will there with squad sizes of 36 players each? That's probably all the best players taken. Plus it will be interesting how the contract side of things works.

I'm assuming if you cut back IDPs, you cut back the total squad size?

nick87

Coach
What about something like this:

1xCB 1xS 1xDB Flex
1x DT 1x DE 1x DL Flex
3x LB

9 Defensive starters

abpanther

Staff member
What would you cut?

Yeah there'll be a glut of options but not quality options, I don't think it's an issue where you set the bar in terms of IDPs, it just means the quality of starters is higher.

I'm thinking we should be looking at 3 or so IDP starters at any defensive position, we can tailor the scoring to try and even it out a little so it's not just LBs with all the value.

I just think with 9 or so IDP starters that's a lot of roster spots, lot of contracts, it will double the number of auction threads and will make things like the weekly waiver wire and PS bidding process huge.

If that's what the majority vote for I'm happy to go with it, I just think it's going to be a lot to absorb for owners new to this format.

abpanther

Staff member

If you're gonna have idp you gotta go all in or not at all.

Why is that?

Plenty of IDP leagues have just 2-3 IDP starters, why do you have to have a starting requirement of 9+ IDPs?

It dilutes the quality of starters, I don't mind it in the IDP Masters league on FF as it's so easy to add/drop players, I think in this format it will be much more challenging. You'll probably see many IDPs just signed to league minimum 1 year contracts.

zombie jesus

Staff member
Yeah there'll be a glut of options but not quality options, I don't think it's an issue where you set the bar in terms of IDPs, it just means the quality of starters is higher.

I'm thinking we should be looking at 3 or so IDP starters at any defensive position, we can tailor the scoring to try and even it out a little so it's not just LBs with all the value.

I just think with 9 or so IDP starters that's a lot of roster spots, lot of contracts, it will double the number of auction threads and will make things like the weekly waiver wire and PS bidding process huge.

If that's what the majority vote for I'm happy to go with it, I just think it's going to be a lot to absorb for owners new to this format.

I'm going by the experience I get with the Masters league and the Shiva league and I find the Masters more enjoyable. I can get by in the Shiva league holding 1 backup for each IDP with no worries because there are starter capable guys on the waiver wire each week. I just like big rosters and actually held back from adding in another IDP flex :lol:

I don't hate nick's suggestion, it still has starter depth but the flex option means you can carry fewer backups.

It will make the draft super long, that's over 500 players, but it's a one-time thing, the slow auction is new for all of us so who knows how it will go. Regarding the waivers, I'm working on an idea for that to make life easy for us :) just waiting on MFL to get back to me on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts