What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 (2006) Sharks v Warriors (PVP Cup Final)

The Piper

Juniors
Well done to all the Sharks. Great Round 1 turn-up. We'll give the comp a shake this year!
Best of luck Robster and the Warriors, for this game and the season.
:thumn

Robster

Bench
ohh mate lighten up, I believe your a player of the bluebags please don't write smart comments to me or any of the players playing in this match, my above post was a bit of painless sarcasim.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dales said:
ohh mate lighten up, I believe your a player of the bluebags please don't write smart comments to me or any of the players playing in this match, my above post was a bit of painless sarcasim.
Huh?
Robster, I did say in with tongue-in-cheek and I was doing you a favour. Looks like you're the one taking yourself a tad seriously.

Nothing to do with the Bluebags so keep that out of it. I was subtedly reminding you of the rules (as is my task)... you should read them sometimes. You wouldn't be the first player that cost his team points through poor sportsmanship.

Keep in mind referees have a life outside of these forums and will get around to marking as soon as it is practical for them to do so.

If you want to continue with the misunderstanding, go through the proper channels in the F7s mgt forum.

glockers

Juniors
As much as I am looking forward to seeing the result, I am also not inclined to be enjoying a forum fight in the match thread.

Chill the results will come out sooner or later.

Robster

Bench
yes willow in future if you have an issue something pm me bout it, do not put it on a open match thread.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well Robster, in future perhaps you shouldn't shoot from the hip.

And with the refs, I make no apologies for sticking up for them, even in a light-hearted manner.

The Piper

Juniors
How do the match crowds get decided? Its based on the number of views of the thread?

Well we should have a big crowd then, with the wait and all this. And so we should for the PvP Cup Final!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Waken said:
How do the match crowds get decided? Its based on the number of views of the thread?
Yep. Views x 30 actually. eg 100 views = 3,000 'people'.

RB60 and I used to calculate it on the Sunday but there's no hard and fast rule.

Just as easy to look down the forum board and see where the bigs ones are.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Don't bag our man you lot! Besides its just a forum. No point in getting in a tussle over something so simple. I'd love to know the result myself but I don't mind waiting to be honest.
But just so we are clear, if anyone bags some one from our team then you'll be taking all of us on. We ain't about to let anyone bully us. Robster has his own opinion and he should be more than welcome to state what he thinks.

Mystique

Juniors
Warriors

Jesbass – You can’t always get what you want.
Thoughtful. Very good.
Score: 87

Byrne_rovelli_fan82
Women & Sport
Good effort.
Score: 81

Dales - Kiwi’s can rival it without Hunts help
I wasn’t sure what this was about to start with.
Score: 80

Wiki – Canterbury Dolphins
What if…? An idea for a third New Zealand team
Score: 84

Tezzah – My first Top Side game
An account of an important match that puts you right in the heart of the action. Pretty good read but the tenses are a little confused and there’s a lot of repetition.
Score: 80

TOTAL: 412

Sharks

Glockers – Addition by Subtraction
An in depth intelligent assessment of Penrith’s off season recruiting. Good quality article but what happened to the paragraphs?
Score: 83

Griffette – Juicy Joel – What a man
Amusing, obviously heartfelt admiration for ‘Juicy Joel’. Entertaining.
Score:79

Dread - How to Start a Supporter’s Club in 10 weeks
Getting Sharks fans out of the Shire to away games. Humorous piece, well written.
Score: 85

Griffo346 – From Penrith Park to Credit Union Australia Stadium Penrith
Interesting piece, full of information and demonstrating a lot of knowledge and research. It does read more like a list or press handout than an actual article.
Score: 82

Bookie - The kid goes alright.
A sympathetic look at the struggles of young up-and-comers. Well written but the point of the story is not very clear. Minor spelling error.
Score: 81

TOTAL: 410

Warriors win

Post of the Match: Jesbass for the Warriors

(Edited to fix formatting)

Jesbass

First Grade
No need for that kind of talk, byrne_rovelli_fan82. Let's not get worried about the politics of the game; let's just worry about putting on an entertaining eighty minutes of football.

EDIT: Oh wow, the results are up! Woohoo! Great effort, Warriors! An intensely close match! Hard luck, Sharks - the best of luck for the rest of the season...unless you play us again, lol! ;)

The Piper

Juniors
Good work Warriors. Jesbass, you're writing some top stuff

Thanks to Mystique for marking.

Sharks, great effort. Lets keep it up - Round 2 starts tonight!

Robster

Bench
Well my Warrior mates we have come along way, missing out in 2005 and winning the PVP Shield and our first game of the regular season, special clap goes to jesbass who always seems to get a killer performance :D Sharks you can only get stronger as for Wal I hope I meet you in the Grand Final mate, top performance mate, and apoligses to Willow for my half.

Shield.gif

Great win boys, the pvp Shield. :D

glockers

Juniors
Thanks for the marking.

Obviously from the long winded essay school or thought rather than short one sentence newspaper style paragraph idea.

Anyway thanks again.

Esoj

Juniors
thanks for the marking

and well done my fellow warriors. we have pulled of our first win in the big time. jesbass mate another quality article there. to the other warriors players well done some good solid scores there.

Jesbass

First Grade
Waken said:
Good work Warriors. Jesbass, you're writing some top stuff

Thanks, Waken. Compliments are always appreciated when offered by the opposition. ;)

Tough match this week, though, Warriors. Time to batten down the hatches! :D

Latest posts