What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 2021 semi realistic sides

George Sancti

Juniors
It's a 'yes' from me in regards to moving Rava to the backline. Its a bit of a desperate move but I guess we are in a desperate state. He has the power and he seems to me like a player who actually wants to get involved in the rough stuff which is what has really been missing by the players who are picked there constantly.

I have enough faith in the new centre wing pairings and Dufty out the back but Rava and Lomax also works nicely should say a Bird go down injured during a game.

Dufty to 6 I am less convinced on because that means reinvention of him and Ramsey and I think we just need those two to play in their regular position. Dufty can chime in with his passing game in a less predictable way for the opposition to prepare for.

Sullivan and Hunt should be the halves paring.

You could be right BRV and I agree Sullivan will/should be playing in the halves for many years to come. Regarding Dufty at 6, sometimes when players are moved from 1 to 6, they look out of position as was the case with Kalyn Ponga. However Dufty always looks like a 5/8 to me who is playing fullback. I don't know whether he played any 5/8 as a junior, but he does have a very good passing game.

Last edited:

redVinme

Juniors
You could be right BRV and I agree Sullivan will/should be playing in the halves for many years to come. Regarding Dufty at 6, sometimes when players are moved from 1 to 6, they look out of position as was the case with Kalyn Ponga. However Dufty always looks like a 5/8 to me who is playing fullback. I don't know whether he played any 5/8 as a junior, but he does have a very good passing game.

Played halves in juniors. Still can't defend though.