What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Dragons v Broncos at Kogarah

WardyRedV

Juniors
Games are won on the field. Bennett hasn't got the cattle. I am not going to praise Mary either.

Gould and Vautin were both wrapping Aitken big time, Vautin even suggesting that he could be an origin prospect. I am shaking my head in disbelief at Gould's and Vautin's praise of Aitken. Aitken should have passed the ball to Nightingale when he scored. I don't think Aitken passed the ball to Nightingale once the whole night.

Lafai is crap.

Nightingale is too slow.

I am now want us to give McDonald a run at centre, with Lomax the other centre.

I want DeBelin picked for Origin this year, but they will most likely pick Jake Trbojevic.

I was very happy with McInnes tonight.

It is great to finally have a decent halfback.

Dufty didn't do anything wrong.

Aitken is a freak of nature. The guy scored almost at will last year. He breaks tackles left right and centre. May not have a passing game but nightingale still scores? And Gould and Vautin know plenty about rugby league so I wouldn’t doubt their opinions too much

Dragon Blood

Juniors
I have to agree with Red V For Life. The whole team played well with the possible exception of Lafai, and I’m still not sold on McDonald. I think Lafai has to make way for Mann. He’s consistently one of our best 3/4’s, and Lafai’s had about 12 good games in 3 years.

I’m actually excited about this year, as i think it’s potentially our best spine and best pack since 2011. Dufty looks the goods and will just get better, McInnes is a machine and he also looks to have added some variety to his game, Hunt looks like he could be our best buy in living memory, and Widdop should push his game to a new level whilst playing with Hunt.

I must say I was so happy to see Aitken play well, as he’s potentially a very good player who hasn’t consistently shone yet, but it will be a relief if he finds some consistency and locks up that centre spot. I’m glad I chucked some money on the Dragons to make the 8.
I'd go as far to say that Aitken and Mann should be our starting venters. Laughfia was absolutely pathetic

kit66

Bench
A bit rusty first up, lots of errors but I guess that's to be expected.

Hunt looked great - thought he was getting too much ball in the first half but Wids worked his way into the game nicely. These two will kill it this year.
JDB, excellent tackling style, half his hits left his victims getting up slowly. Feel the pain !
Good to see us holding down a bit in the tackle, makes a world of difference .
Last year Lafai looked good with early ball and some room to move which Wids provided. Squeeze him in and he panics a bit in attack. Hopefully he just had an off game and can get his act together, I wouldn't write him off yet.
Aitken should have passed but otherwise had a good game.
Widdop should have stayed on side for Hunt's kick, would have been a magic play.
Need more off-loads and plays to get Dufty into space.

But most importantly....WooooHooo !

Last edited:

Frank Facer

First Grade
Aitken is a freak of nature. The guy scored almost at will last year. He breaks tackles left right and centre. May not have a passing game but nightingale still scores? And Gould and Vautin know plenty about rugby league so I wouldn’t doubt their opinions too much
Vautin is a dumb C

Gould says some insightful remarks and also says some very stupid remarks. Personally I can't stand listening to Gould or Vautin.

Aikten may look good to some, when an opposition defence is at 6's and 7's and on the back foot, but that is just about it.

gitano

Juniors
Vautin is a dumb C

Gould says some insightful remarks and also says some very stupid remarks. Personally I can't stand listening to Gould or Vautin.

Aikten may look good to some, when an opposition defence is at 6's and 7's and on the back foot, but that is just about it.
Haha. Not sure what footy you watch? Hope you enjoy it either way.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
The three best things of tonight for me were:
1. we put pressure on the kick - last year that was a rare event.
2. McInnis ran Fromm dummy half - making the defenders hesitate.
3. Lone speed in defence was much better.
4. we had runners cutting back in, not just the overlap plays to the wingers.

nontime111

Juniors
its SO obvious!! Aitken always buried Laughai! young strong gutsy!
We will crush all opposition with MANN AITKEN centre pairing! with Lomax on the wing for Slowy Nighty or Half arsed Nene. were on the verge of something great I can feel it, I just hope Mcgregor can too!

gitano

Juniors
The three best things of tonight for me were:
1. we put pressure on the kick - last year that was a rare event.
2. McInnis ran Fromm dummy half - making the defenders hesitate.
3. Lone speed in defence was much better.
4. we had runners cutting back in, not just the overlap plays to the wingers.
Good post.

One thing Friz and co did tonight was allowed us to play from the middle. Playing the ball centre field is so valuable. So many times last year our backrowers played the ball 10m in from a sideline.

It looks small, but was a definite tactical change, and one we looked infinitely better doing.