What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Eels V Broncos

eels_fan

First Grade
Impressed with Torpedo in the 9s and Penrith trial

I'd go

Pritchard
Edwards
Gower
Torpedo

In saying that I'm still not sold on the need for a hooker on the bench with less interchanges.

phantom eel

First Grade
So is this people thoughts for the Round 1 17:

1. Gordon
2. Semi
3. Jenkovich
4. Brad
5. Gutherson
6. Norman
7. Foran (c)

8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Junior
11. Ma'u
12. Scott
13. Tepai

14. Edwards
15. Wicks (if fit) else Alvaro
16. Gower
17. Kaysa or DeGois

I like it.
Yep, and I like it too.

Prefer Alvaro on the bench instead of Kaysa or De Gois... though would take De Gois over Kaysa at this stage of the season if we wanted a back-up dummy half.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Impressed with Torpedo in the 9s and Penrith trial

I'd go

Pritchard
Edwards
Gower
Torpedo

In saying that I'm still not sold on the need for a hooker on the bench with less interchanges.

I didn't think we'd go with a bench hooker last year either but we did. I'm certain we'll carry one this year.

yy_cheng

Coach
Will Semi be ba k from fiji

If his home was hit hard then he might not be psychological in it

oneguy

Juniors
Read he was back the other day and headed straight to training. Family and home were fine. No problems there. A bit worried about the kava juice he may have took while there though.

Forty20

First Grade
When's the team named??? This arvo some time???

Historically you are looking at somewhere between 5PM-6PM. We were almost always the last club to announce their team in 2015, hopefully we can improve on that this year.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If we can't get our team announcements right, how do we except to win on the field?

This club is a f**ken rabble!

hindy111

Post Whore
][/B]I think Penis Torpedo is overrated.
He runs like a bullet but then he just gets belted. He has no movement in him so he just gets lined up and dropped. Plus, he's not a great defender.

14. Edwards
15. Wicks
16. Alvaro
176. Gower

I would see a doctor on the penis thing

I would have Terepo over Alvaro for now. Alvaro looks like a good prospect but its not like he exactly bends the line either.Just does a lot of work.

Noise

Coach
Anyone with any inside mail on whether Foran will play? I have been concerned about his hamstrings since we signed him last year and posted several times about the risk with him being on such huge coin. If his hammy is rooted with almost 6 months of an off season to get it right then they are even more f**ked than i thought. And what the hell was he doing playing in a meaningless trial if his hammy is not 100%?!?!?

Malabar Eel

Juniors
Anyone with any inside mail on whether Foran will play? I have been concerned about his hamstrings since we signed him last year and posted several times about the risk with him being on such huge coin. If his hammy is rooted with almost 6 months of an off season to get it right then they are even more f**ked than i thought. And what the hell was he doing playing in a meaningless trial if his hammy is not 100%?!?!?

Whoa...dude, watch out the sky is falling :crazy:

His hammies are fine, theyre just a little to big for his knees.