What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Eels V Broncos

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Will be interesting to see what our bench is going to be. I think we all know what our top 13 is, Moeroa will be lock with Watmough out. But it's our bench that is probably undecided with plenty of options. I reckon

14. Issac / Pritchard - I reckon Pritchard will get the spot. ( training photos from today, it looks like Pritchard is training with the top 17)
15. Edwards
16/17 wicks / Gower / Peni / Álvaro. Is Wicks available ? If not then I reckon Peni / Álvaro get starts.

Last edited:

Kornstar

Coach
Will be interesting to see what our bench is going to be. I think we all know what our top 13 is, Moeroa will be lock with Watmough out. But it's our bench that is probably undecided with plenty of options. I reckon

14. Issac / Pritchard - I reckon Pritchard will get the spot. ( training photos from today, it looks like Pritchard is training with the top 17)
15. Edwards
16/17 wicks / Gower / Peni / Álvaro. Is Wicks available ? If not then I reckon Peni / Álvaro get starts.

Is Semi in those photos? The Eels Instagram posted that there were lots of smiles today and the photo they used was of Semi.

Ok he is, just saw the photos on Twitter

Last edited:

oldmancraigy

Coach

15. Edwards

I think Moeroa needs to be a starter when (if?) Watmough comes back.

He just has that sheer size about him. Provided he isn't struck down with second year syndrome, he has the chance to be a heckuva force through the middle of the paddock. And with our other starting backrowers on the smaller side, it just makes for a nice combination to have one of them with that raw size and physicality about them.

Bigfella

Coach
I really can't see tepai being a candidate for second season syndrome.

His first season wasn't flashy. If anything all the flash was later back from his game and his first season was about learning how to tough it out in the top grade.

He didn't really have a boom in him outside our club.

I reckon he will actually take the rest of the comp by surprise this year

hindy111

Post Whore
Isnt it his 3rd season? By memory he played 8 games the year prior.

I do not think Tepai did anything last year to go WOW. He just showed he will be a very good first grader. Doesnt have a game that can go backwards like say a Barba. And its not like he had a year like Tariq Sims on debut.

WE will see the best of Tepai in 2018 onwards

I really can't see tepai being a candidate for second season syndrome.

His first season wasn't flashy. If anything all the flash was later back from his game and his first season was about learning how to tough it out in the top grade.

He didn't really have a boom in him outside our club.

I reckon he will actually take the rest of the comp by surprise this year

If he can reach he reach his potential, we'd have a pretty special player on our hands. I reckon he's a few years off yet.

Isnt it his 3rd season? By memory he played 8 games the year prior.

I do not think Tepai did anything last year to go WOW. He just showed he will be a very good first grader. Doesnt have a game that can go backwards like say a Barba. And its not like he had a year like Tariq Sims on debut.

WE will see the best of Tepai in 2018 onwards

His shoulder was the problem all season last year.

^b0ss^

Juniors
His shoulder was the problem all season last year.

100% he played busted all year.1 player i didnt know played hurt for the year was wicks i saw an article where brad A said wicks couldnt put his jumper on or off for the year.

I thought wicks had a good year to know he played busted makes we wonder what sort of yr he could have also.

strider

Post Whore
we had watmough/moeroa/wicks all playing busted most the year .... edwards out all year peeing in other people's cups .... mau injured a bit

f**k I hope we can stay remotely healthy this year - mind boggling to think what these guys fit (except watmough - likely to retire) might do if they can stay on the field a fair chunk of the year

Snappy

Coach
Planning to head down to Red Hill early next week to heckle the Broncos while they are training. Hopefully Broncknob2010 is there.

Go get em champ. I'm sure they will take heaps of notice of some dole bludger yelling from the carpark.

Eelogical

Referee
we had watmough/moeroa/wicks all playing busted most the year .... edwards out all year peeing in other people's cups .... mau injured a bit

f**k I hope we can stay remotely healthy this year - mind boggling to think what these guys fit (except watmough - likely to retire) might do if they can stay on the field a fair chunk of the year

Apart from Watmough, how have the rest pulled up? I'll be honest, I haven't kept up with the injuries from last year.

Last edited:

phantom eel

First Grade
Gower has to be above Terepo in the front tow pecking order, surely?

With Watmough out, and Moeroa apparently our shadow lock... our bench should be Wicks, Gower, Edwards, and Alvaro/De Gois/Pritchard. Would be surprised if Terepo got near the 17, even if Wicks isn't fit.

Eelogical

Referee

With Watmough out, and Moeroa apparently our shadow lock... our bench should be Wicks, Gower, Edwards, and Alvaro/De Gois/Pritchard. Would be surprised if Terepo got near the 17, even if Wicks isn't fit.

We'll know soon enough.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think we forget how young Moeroa is, he debuted at 18 and was only 19 last year. He didn't turn 20 until October. While not outstandingly brilliant the last few years, he easily held his own in the NRL.

Not many do what he has done at such a young age, many forwards don't debut as teenagers.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I thought that too, but after looking at the training photos today I reckon Peni is in front. Peni has the better running game as a middle forward, if he can hold the ball. But is his defence better? He looks fitter compared to previous years.

Latest posts