What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 | Knights 14-15 Dragons* @ Hunter Stadium | Thu 1st March @ 7.35pm

R1 result :: Knights vs Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yes, it's that time of the year again and kick-off is just a tick over 48 hours away!

Get excited folks!

nrl12-r1newsti.jpg

2012teams-new-her.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. James McManus 3. Wes Naiqama 4. Timana Tahu 5. Akuila Uate 6. Kurt Gidley 7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden 9. Danny Buderus 10. Adam Cuthbertson 11. Chris Houston 12. Zeb Taia 13. Neville Costigan

Interchange: 14. Matt Hilder 15. Richie Fa’aoso 16. Joel Edwards 17. Alex McKinnon

2012teams-sti-main.jpg

1. Kyle Stanley 2. Brett Morris 3. Beau Scott 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Jeremy Latimore 9. Mitch Rein 10. Michael Weyman 11. Matt Prior 12. Ben Creagh 17. Jack De Belin

Interchange: 13. Dean Young 14. Nathan Fien 15. Leeson Ah Mau 16. Trent Merrin

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Matt Cecchin and Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Ricky MacFarlane
Video Referee: Russell Smith

Related matches
Toyota Cup R1 - Knights v Dragons @ Hunter Stadium, Thu 5:15pm
NSW Cup R1 - Vulcans (WAR) v Knights (NEW) @ Mt Smart, Sat 1:00pm

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
TOO EXCITED FOR THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Us by 40!

Jono078

Referee
I dunno about this game. I want to tip us but I get the feeling the Dragons will win.

Knights 8 - 16 Dragons.

timka4

Bench
Us by 20 plus. Game will be within 6 points for first 60 minutes then after that we will score 2-3 tries to win imo.

If our pack dominates as should be the case it could be a very one sided game. However it will be us by six or less given we are only starting out. We will dish out some hidings through the year. Not yet though.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
The knights look a lot better on paper, however I feel it will come down to the halves. If Gids and mullen don't perform and Soward does, then we could be in real trouble.

POPEYE

Coach
Bennett imo is the best prepared to make a winning start to the season. Players will be jumping out of
their skins to impress and performance is more to the point than any positional settling in

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
lets not forget - bennett lost his first NRL game with the dragons...

lets not forget - bennett lost his first NRL game with the dragons...

True. St George Illawarra seem to view Hunter Stadium as almost a third home ground if u went by the win loss ratio against us. However there is no denying that we are going to be welk and truly ready for this. I think the predicted wet track may be the Dragons best hope of a win.

Last edited:

Rolla

Juniors
The odds shock me a bit, i think knights will win but i think it is pretty 50/50, I do agree with some Dragons posters who are a bit shocked how much they are being written off.

Big Tim

First Grade
Too close to call IMO.

It will all come down to our attack. I have no doubts our defense will be rock solid, but has Bennett implemented his attacking style? The Dragons were notorious for grinding out games under Bennett, I expect us to be the same.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Dragons won't be a pushover I can give them that much. We'll have to be on our game for the full 80 with no late fadeouts if we're going to beat them.

perverse

Referee
i agree that this is too close to call. too many question marks on both sides of the fence. exciting.

Latest posts