What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 @Penrith

Earl in the forwards? Cant be serious

Earl and Robbo are both great , Robbo's strength is his support play , Earls is his work ethic bringing it back from our end. Both players can finish.

I feel Wighton needs to be in the team and he would have been last year but for an unrelated to footy injury.

With injuries it will be rare for us to have all available

Choc Magic

Juniors
Earl in the forwards? Cant be serious

Earl and Robbo are both great , Robbo's strength is his support play , Earls is his work ethic bringing it back from our end. Both players can finish.

I feel Wighton needs to be in the team and he would have been last year but for an unrelated to footy injury.

With injuries it will be rare for us to have all available

lol, pretty much....
But it is his size that helps him run it out of our end...
Not something that is a 'Must' for a traditional winger.... more af a forwards attribute (imo)

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Thats because Jack is naturally a Centre - 5/8 (and probably 3rd in line for each)

Not having a dig, but Robbo is statistically our best Winger.... and our second best fullback

Earl has a great combo's going with Fergi (and I have no doubt he could fill in in the forwards)

Wasn't really having a dig at Robbo. Just outlining an area in which he could improve. I think he's one of our most well-rounded players TBH, but is a much better fullback than a winger. I think that's because he's forced to get more involved at fullback. It's like when you see Greg Inglis in the centres........he can be farely quiet out there but as soon as you put him at fullback he becomes an absolute menace.

Out of curiosity, which statistics make Robbo "statistically" our best winger?

Choc Magic

Juniors
Out of curiosity, which statistics make Robbo "statistically" our best winger?

Raiders.com.au has taken down last years season stats in preperation for 2013.

I'll dig some up for you over the weekend. If I remember correctly he beat all other Raiders wingers in most catagories ie: avg run mtrs, Tries, try assists, line breaks etc etc

Everyone knows our right side defence is stronger... But that hardly puts Earl ahead of Robbo in the pecking order when selecting a winger...

aussies1st

Staff member
Just write that game off, same shit different year. Earl deserves a stint after that display but really ain't any other changes I would make.

A poor performance across the park

There were shockers from more than one player.

We did look sharper in attack when McIlwrick came on.

I hope they get a rocket this week.

bileduct

Coach
Sandor Earl looked and played like a f**kin' idiot. He deserves to go directly to NSW Cup for his selfishness. Six errors.

Earl's ego looks to have grown massively over the summer. I'd punt him without even thinking twice about it.

Lee is miles better.

mxlegend99

Referee
Earl looks as though he is going through the same motions as he did at the Panthers. Came in at the back end of 2010 and absolutely killed it for us. Then started off 2011 all over the place and was in and out of first grade right through until we released him to you guys.

Last year he was pretty much like he was in 2010 for us... and the performance against us was pretty much the same standard we got from him in 2011 and 2012. Although I always believed if we had stuck solid with him he could have become consistent. Hopefully that's the case with you guys.

Choc Magic

Juniors
Raiders.com.au has taken down last years season stats in preperation for 2013.

I'll dig some up for you over the weekend. If I remember correctly he beat all other Raiders wingers in most catagories ie: avg run mtrs, Tries, try assists, line breaks etc etc

Everyone knows our right side defence is stronger... But that hardly puts Earl ahead of Robbo in the pecking order when selecting a winger...

I had a look for 2012 stats but had no luck, apparently stats are a commodity these days....

Anyway, I'm not going to drag Sandor through the Mud for one bad game but now I am TOTALLY confident Reecey is our first pick winger!!!
Stats or no stats...

also, as good as Jacko might be one day, he still needs atleast a season to hone his skills, seems he tries to do 'something big' everytime he gets involved... and he isn't good enough to do that in NRL yet.

I hope Reecey is at fullback next week! atleast he doesn't carry on like a pork chop everytime he gets tackled and miss the next play (Our runner was basically an extra man on the field the amount of time Duges was whinging)

Watching Waddell lastnight makes me think we kept the wrong hooker too...

Latest posts