What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Saturday 10th March @ Perth Stadium v Warriors

Rabbits20

Immortal
What are we thinking for what Seibs will do??

AJ
Kennar
Gagai
GI (C)
Jennings
Cody
AR
Tom
Cook
Nicholls
Sutton
Crichton
Sam

Fuimaono
Clark
Murray
George

Farah/Doueihi
Musgrove
Tatola
Hunt

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jennings and Clark out. Hunt and Tatola in. That’s our best 17 in my opinion.
Why didn't he give Hunt any time on the wings in the trials??)

Poor poor coaching imo....

The fact we let Goodwin go has meant Hunt needs to be able to play on the wing and he can do it quite well from what we've seen before...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Why didn't he give Hunt any time on the wings in the trials??)

Poor poor coaching imo....

The fact we let Goodwin go has meant Hunt needs to be able to play on the wing and he can do it quite well from what we've seen before...

Because Hunt is actually our best centre option apart from GI and Gagai. I think it’s great that supporters are loving Jennings but I have absolutely zero reason to be convinced he deserves a spot over Hunt.

Clark is a great player but Tatola is something special. I think his form warrants selection for sure.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Because Hunt is actually our best centre option apart from GI and Gagai. I think it’s great that supporters are loving Jennings but I have absolutely zero reason to be convinced he deserves a spot over Hunt.

Clark is a great player but Tatola is something special. I think his form warrants selection for sure.
Well if AJ isn't there for the first couple of rounds Hunt takes right centre..

However after that I don't just want him dumped out of the side..

callmack1

Staff member
Words can't describe how much I'm looking forward to this!!!! Seriously cannot wait.

I keep forgetting to mention but the fact that Seibs didn't play Sam on an edge at all last night shows that he'll be in the middle, that's where he belongs.

Here's my side for Round 1 if AJ is allgood.

1. Johnston
2. Hunt
3. Inglis (c)
4. Gagai
5. Kennar
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. T.Burgess
9. Cook
10. S.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Fuimaono
13. Murray

14. Crichton
15. Tatola
16. Musgrove
17. G.Burgess

If you ask me, Tatola has certainly earned a spot in the 17 and I reckon Musgrove will be there.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
AJ
Burns/Hunt
Gagai
GI
Jennings
Walker
Douehili
Tom
Cook
Nicholls
Sam
Fuimaono
Murray

Sutton
Chricton
Tatola
Clark

George

I don’t think Reynolds will be fit by round 1. If he is then Doueihi to18th man

Musgrove, George look underdone. Time at bears to gain fitness

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Words can't describe how much I'm looking forward to this!!!! Seriously cannot wait.

I keep forgetting to mention but the fact that Seibs didn't play Sam on an edge at all last night shows that he'll be in the middle, that's where he belongs.

1. Johnston
2. Hunt
3. Inglis (c)
4. Gagai
5. Kennar
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. T.Burgess
9. Cook
10. S.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Fuimaono
13. Murray

14. Crichton
15. Tatola
16. Musgrove
17. G.Burgess

If you ask me, Tatola has certainly earned a spot in the 17 and I reckon Musgrove will be there.

Musgrove over Nicholls? Wow big call bro. I thought Nicholls was one of the best props in the pre season. I think you have a soft spot for Musgrove being a kiwi ;)

Rabbits20

Immortal
Righteo cheers STID I just watched it!

Now my summary:

AJ: Did his job well while he was out there. His support play was good and that trysaver he made on Dufty was good to see.

Kennar: Just made 1 blew early on rushing in but apart from that if he came in he scrambled well. Also when the Dragons threw a long pass at about the 55th-60th min attacking he did stay on his wing which was great. I thought he was our best at the shit work. He really got his hands dirty and I'd say his stats are good. Lots of carries from him. He will be there Round 1. I don't get all the criticism as I thought he made up for it in his strong work ethic.

GI: Well how great was it seeing him back... he looked solid and strong but a bit slower but he just needs time...

Gagai: Very good overall and he showed his class.. was solid defensively and just made 2-3 rusty errors!

Jennings: He was poor. Made a schoolboy error coming out of trouble plus runs in too much like 3-4 times off his wing when it's not needed. Even when he played the last 20mins at centre at the 68min mark when the Dragons were coming out of trouble he unnecessarily bolted in creating a 3 on 1 and leaving poor Gagan with no hope.... then just before he was sin binned he was out of position once more creating space for them and then missed the tackle... I'd be sending him to Norths for a few lessons... in regard to his try I could've fallen over the line for that.

Cody: Well it was great watching him... he was very free flowing and he's got class. A big season ahead.
Doueihi: Needs to work on his defence but he was really good and played with maturity beyond his years.

Tom: Was solid but I wasn't impressed with how he was slapping instead of tackling and just slapping at thin air.

Cook: Was dynamite and he got us going forward quickly and with direction. 31 tackles in 49mins was the most impressive thing and his defence was fine which should show a few of the doubters... he's coming of age. A couple of times he threw a bad pass but that's all he has to work on... he put in a couple of good kicks too!

Nicholls: I wasn't impressed. Early on gave a cheap penalty away and missed a tackle in the middle leading to their first try. He was also arm slapping at tackles and when he came on for his second stint he gave a penalty away again.. due to how he went last week maybe you give him the benefit of the doubt for round 1 but he should be on notice that he must get better!

Fuimaono: didn't play many minutes but his defence was very very good plus a few strong carries...

Sutton: Looked fit and strong. Did his job well and showed he's hungry for a big last year!

Sam: What we have come to know of him plus maybe not as many hit ups but more ball playing in his game.

Hunt: I think he went off with some kind of injury at 53min mark! Not sure but maybe a HIA... heavy contact on Nightingale preventing that try was great and he was solid. I'd like him to do more shit work though.

Farah: Was poor. Silly errors and killed our momentum. Norths oval awaits.

Clark: I thought he did his job defensively.

George: Much like Tom except not as many hit ups as I wanted plus a silly penalty plus arm slapping... gotta pick his socks up.

Tatola: What an offload and a few good charges. Quite good defensively and is a bolter for round 1.

Britt: Looked solid in his few minutes. A handy back up for our bench.

Burns: Looked quite solid. Not convinced re his defence yet.

Gagan: Didn't do too much.

Musgrove: Was poor missing a couple of tackles he should've made and his defence on Ah Mai was shocking. I wasn't impressed. The potential is there but he needs to snap out of it. I guess he was a bit rusty though so maybe I'll give him the benefit of the doubt being his first game back.

Crichton: Looked pretty good. Not as busy as I thought he would be but probably rusty!

Edit: sorry lads I just realised I double posted this.... ooopppsyy

I'm happy if this is deleted here as it was an honest mistake.

Last edited:

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Are you that desperate for attention you post the same thing twice? In 2 different thread?

Isn’t this for round 1 v Warriors

Rabbits20

Immortal

1. Johnston
2. Hunt
3. Inglis (c)
4. Gagai
5. Kennar
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. T.Burgess
9. Cook
10. S.Burgess
11. Sutton
12. Fuimaono
13. Murray

14. Crichton
15. Tatola
16. Musgrove
17. G.Burgess

Hey bro now I saw the game I'll do what I would like and not what Seibs will do!

1. AJ
2. Kennar
3. Gagai
4. GI (C)
5. Hunt
6. Cody
7. AR
8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Nicholls (until Murray is fit to start at lock and Sam moves to prop)
11. Sutton
12. Fuimaono
13. Sam

14. Crichton
15. Tatola
16. Murray
17. George

18. Doueihi
19. Clark
20. Musgrove
21. Burns

callmack1

Staff member
Musgrove over Nicholls? Wow big call bro. I thought Nicholls was one of the best props in the pre season. I think you have a soft spot for Musgrove being a kiwi ;)
Yea I know haha! I just have a feeling he'll play as I remember reading that his parents are finally gonna get the chance to watch him live....or maybe I do have a soft spot.

Hey bro now I saw the game I'll do what I would like and not what Seibs will do!

1. AJ
2. Kennar
3. Gagai
4. GI (C)
5. Hunt
6. Cody
7. AR
8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Nicholls (until Murray is fit to start at lock and Sam moves to prop)
11. Sutton
12. Fuimaono
13. Sam

14. Crichton
15. Tatola
16. Murray
17. George

18. Doueihi
19. Clark
20. Musgrove
21. Burns
I'd be happy with that too.

JetRider

Juniors
I would not play Musgrove, he looks lazy to me especially in defence. We also need to find a place for Doueihi on the bench but for who?

Rabbit toes

First Grade
I would not play Musgrove, he looks lazy to me especially in defence. We also need to find a place for Doueihi on the bench but for who?
I agree. Musgrove seems down at the moment.
A bench of
Doueihi
Chricton
Sutton
Tatola/Clark
Works for me. I think Nicholas could start but if he doesn’t he’d have to go close to a bench too