What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROUND 1 TEAM???

PJ Marshal

Coach
Peek was very good in the last rounds of last year, really has lifted his performance levels since his stints at souths and canterbury, another late bloomer!

Pazza

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
1. Burt
2. Grothe
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Petersen
6. Morris
7. Dykes
8. Pearson
9. Hopkins
10. Vella
11. Hindmarsh
12. Cayless (C)
13. Wagon

14. Witt
15. Cannings
16. Tsoulos
17. Armit

18. Webster
19. Stapleton
20. Widders

great footy team, but i would have Cannings in the starting lineup and Pearson on the bench, just so we have some experiance comming off the bench.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Smith has said he wont play Witt and Dykes appears to be first choice at half back.

Everything points to Wags at 5/8, and this worries me alot as we will not utilise our backline.

We have tons of choices at 5/8, Thorman, Morris, O'Dwyer, even Hopkins, anyone but Wags.

If Wags is at 5/8, Jamie Lyon and Co may as well sit on the bench.

Morenito

Juniors
I just hope Smith names his 17 man squad and sticks with it....he done it in 2001 and we went well...when he was doing it heaps in 2002/03 we are unorganised....i mean i know its only numbers on backs but still players want to be in the right frame of mind, not thinking wil he swap me before the game...

yeh i dont think Witt will be playing in first grade going by the telegraph quotes from coach smith.... so i guess we mite be stuck with daniel "i dont pass the ball" Wagon!

I still cant belive he didnt pass that ball in round 26 last year!....woulda been 16 - 0.. oh well

and on another matter maroubra eel whats wrong with SYKES???
i actually like that name!... if he starts playing well im gonna keep that name for him...

Hurriflatch

Referee
Morenito: THanks for that it took me the entire off season to forget that and now it's all coming back!!!!!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
1. Vaealiki
2. Grothe Jnr
3. Lyon
4. Wagon
5. Peterson
6. Burt
7. Dykes
8. Cannings
9. Morris
10. Pearson/Armit
11. Hindmarsh
12. Cayless
13. O'Dwyer

14. Gruzka
15. Armit/Pearson
16. Vella
17. Hopkins

18. Tsoulos (Unlucky to miss out) Although Person might be swapped for him.

PL
6.Thorman
7. Witt

Just for the first week or two

OR

1. Burt
2. Grothe Jnr
3. Lyon
4. Vaealiki
5. Peterson
6. O'Dwyer
7. Dykes
8. Cannings
9. Hopkins
10. Pearson
11. Hindmarsh
12. Cayless
13. Wagon

14. Tsoulos
15. Armit
16. Vella
17. Morris

18. Gruzka (unlucky to miss out)

PL
6.Thorman
7. Witt

Just for the first week or two

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Morenito said:
I just hope Smith names his 17 man squad and sticks with it....he done it in 2001 and we went well...when he was doing it heaps in 2002/03 we are unorganised....i mean i know its only numbers on backs but still players want to be in the right frame of mind, not thinking wil he swap me before the game...

yeh i dont think Witt will be playing in first grade going by the telegraph quotes from coach smith.... so i guess we mite be stuck with daniel "i dont pass the ball" Wagon!

I still cant belive he didnt pass that ball in round 26 last year!....woulda been 16 - 0.. oh well

and on another matter maroubra eel whats wrong with SYKES???
i actually like that name!... if he starts playing well im gonna keep that name for him...
Sykes it is then Morenito.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Pazza said:
DvdHntr said:
Pazza said:
Apart from Dykes, Morris is the best player we have to play 5/8!
BURT!!

i hope that is some sort of a bad joke [-o&lt, post: [/quote"]

Burt would be a better 5/8 than Wagon, he can at least pass it.

Burt would be a better halfback than Dykes, he can at least kick it 40 metres.

Chipmunk

Coach
I would be surprised if Smith will take any gambles early in the season. We have a tough draw in the first four weeks and need to start well. We could be 4 wins and on our way to the Top 4 by the end of the season, or we could even be 4 losses and in all sort of trouble. Although I think if this happens Smith could be sticking his head between his legs......well u know the rest!

Mr_E

Juniors
Suggestion to BS. Try this one out:

1. Vaealiki
2. Pettersen
3. Lyon
4. Burt
5. Grothe
6. Dykes\Witt
7. Witt\Dykes
13. Wagon
12. Cayless
11. Hindmarsh
10. Vella
9. Morris
8. Cannings

Bench:

14. Hopkins (can play hooker, 2nd row, lock, centre, 5/8 )
15. Peason (Just a prop)
16. Widders (2nd row, lock, centre)
17. Peek (another grunt)