What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Cowboys

possm

Coach
How many seasons do we have to put up with this before the Board wakes up. There is absolutely no reason to sign Mary prior to the end of the 2019 season.

SBD82

Coach
Same coach, same team, same comp.
Dragons will be on top of the comp after round 10.
Nobody can stop the power game in the first month of footy.
We are fitter, stronger and gel quicker than all other teams due to Mary's ability to hit the ground running.
Plus, he needs that contract extension before the inevitable slide starts after origin.
He'll have them ready.
I like your confidence Crush.

I’m not as confident, but it’s because of the respect that I have for the cowboys’ roster. The first three games of the season have also been a stark reminder that Round 1 is a bit of a lottery, and luck plays a massive role. Think this one is a coin flip.

getsmarty

Immortal
You make it sound so easy for the opposition?
Remember that we blow teams off the park in the first 10 weeks.
Cowboys will cop a hiding in the forwards, we will not tire, the power game will work a treat tonight.

Here's hoping your right.....My post was slightly "Tongue in Cheek "...but like all humour there is some truth in what I stated.

P.S Sorry Crush...I am just so fed up with the "McGregor Years " I will always support our club but the level of support is on a downhill slope at the moment due no doubt to the Board and our current coach.......

Last edited:

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Here's hoping your right.....My post was slightly "Tongue in Cheek "...but like all humour there is some truth in what I stated.
There's a very real chance the BIG RED V will struggle early this season..........the only chance we have of getting rid of Mary is a few losses early. Then hopefully bye bye around may or June. ... Dreaming again

getsmarty

Immortal
There's a very real chance the BIG RED V will struggle early this season..........

Yes...and although I will struggle to see this, the silver lining will be that it may result in McGregor not getting an extension....Most likely scenario is they bring in another coach ( Barrett ) to help the coach...LOL

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
There's a very real chance the BIG RED V will struggle early this season..........the only chance we have of getting rid of Mary is a few losses early. Then hopefully bye bye around may or June. ... Dreaming again

My fear is that game could get ugly.

On the upside is that the Board will hesitate in extending McGregor’s tenure....then still do it anyway.

possm

Coach
Why does this have to be the 7.30 game?!?

I’m pumped. FOOTBALL!!!

Living in Brisbane this time we get the game early because it is against a QLD team. Only trouble is that I'm going to a wedding and so won't see the game until I replay it on my Fox recording.

possm

Coach

On the upside is that the Board will hesitate in extending McGregor’s tenure....then still do it anyway.

Yes, I really don't think the Board worries about things football, I'd say they go with the CEO recommendation. Johnston is in favour of an extension being awarded to Mary as soon as possible mainly because he believes Mary is the best person to hold the team together given the De Belin distraction.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Why do you think the board want to sign him sooner rather than later.
One of my biggest gripes is that our new CEO has been appointed as a 'Yes Man' to the board instead of judging McGregor on performance.

There is no other reason to sign him early.
Its not as if Manchester United or the Dallas Cowboys want to steal him from us.

ALSGI

Bench
I'm pretty excited about this game.

Proud of the boys for the way they finished off last year without Widdop and Vaughan.

Time to put the JDB issue aside and play some good footy.

Not a fan of the Norman signing but looking forward to seeing how he goes with us.

Forget the trials form, means zero. This year there's some genuine talent pushing hard for selection with Lomax, Robson, Kerr only a bad game or injury away from selection. KSims coming back puts pressure on all the forwards.

Should be a ripper, I reckon we got this one.

Crush

Coach

Jimmy you say the Dragons will lose before ever single game dude.
Face it, we will win more than we lose and be playing finals again this year, hopefully we go one or two steps further this year than last year.
Go the mighties!

blacksafake

First Grade
They have a good pack which will make it tough. I expect to see Granville cause us a heap of trouble in the second half. JT is a massive loss for them obviously but I still have memories of Morgan playing out of his skin a couple of years ago when JT was injured. Not confident of L place using our bench to counteract.

Dragsters

First Grade
Finally it's game day for the mighty red v!

Happy to get this taxing road trip out of the way round 1.

3 quality playmakers in the starting line up.

That's something to get excited about.

Even if they don't click straight up, we will pose more threats for opposition defensive lines to deal with than most other teams.

If our forwards can dominate the cows imposing pack we can win.

Fire up Dragons!

Old Timer

Coach
Same coach, same team, same comp.
Dragons will be on top of the comp after round 10.
Nobody can stop the power game in the first month of footy.
We are fitter, stronger and gel quicker than all other teams due to Mary's ability to hit the ground running.
Plus, he needs that contract extension before the inevitable slide starts after origin.
He'll have them ready.
It's not the same team nor is it the same comp.
We may be on top of the comp after Rd 10 but I expect there to be a fair bit of attrition with no team winning more than 7 of their 1st 10 games.
If we are on top after 10 rounds (2.5 months) and nobody can stop the power game for the 1st month (4 rounds) are we going to do something different in the other 6 games?
Last 2 years we may have been fitter , stronger but I expect others who were in the bottom or just outside the 8 to take note of that and do something about it Knights especially.
Coach has hit the ground running the last 2 years and we ended up with a dead cat bounce in the 2nd half of the season, so maybe this year we may not be so potent so early.
Me thinks he already has his extension and the club is just delaying the announcement. That cheshire grin of his is like the cat that ate the canary.

Crush

Coach
Off topic, but isn't it funny to see the bulldogs demise. They are a desdset rabble. How far they have fallen. They were a club that would put pressure on the coach if he didn't deliver top 4 only a few years ago.
Now they'll be lucky to avoid a wooden spoon this year.
Suck shit!

Latest posts