What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

round 1 v the gummy sharks

abpanther

Staff member
Just looking at the stats, does anyone know why our starting prop Tim Grant only played 19mins????

mxlegend99

Referee
If it was only the one player... i'd look at blaming them. Although every person who plays in our halves does the same thing. Wade Graham did like to get the ball out to our backline nice and early. Which is probably why he doesn't have a spot in the team anymore.

Matt Elliott likes to keep our best players out of the game. He doesn't allow our hookers to run the ball. He doesn't want our backs getting the ball. He also took our starting front row and hooker off the field and gave our benchies more gametime then them. Tim Grant only got 19 minutes on the field, and he was our best forward in the trial games.

mxlegend99

Referee
Paul Aiton was trying to run the ball a bit against the Sharks... and Masada Iosefa was subbed on in his place and didn't run the ball often at all. I'd imagine that's what Matt Elliott instructed him to do. The only way to stay on the field is to do what our coach wants and not look dangerous at all in attack.

Which is probably why the only player who is safe in our team is Nathan Smith. Luke Lewis at lock might actually start to break the line and get us some metres.

mxlegend99

Referee
You cant make a mistake if you dont take a risk i guess. ;-)
The 20 errors we made suggest otherwise. :lol:

It's even worse when you look at our error count and consider that we were kicking extremely early, and not taking very many risks to have any reason for those errors. :(

Kilkenny

Coach
I didn't have the balls to watch the taped replay after enduring the game live at the ground. It was hard to watch in the pouring rain and I probably didn't get a true feel for the game and who did well or didn't do so well. I do know it was a game we should have won considering the field position we enjoyed particularly in the second part of the first half where it seemed we camped in there half but probably thru poor choices thru absolutely nothing at the Sharks defense. Two points thrown away which is disappointing because the Sharks were there for the taking.

Fibroman

First Grade
Paul Aiton was trying to run the ball a bit against the Sharks... and Masada Iosefa was subbed on in his place and didn't run the ball often at all. I'd imagine that's what Matt Elliott instructed him to do. The only way to stay on the field is to do what our coach wants and not look dangerous at all in attack.

Which is probably why the only player who is safe in our team is Nathan Smith. Luke Lewis at lock might actually start to break the line and get us some metres.

You are an astute observer of the game MX. Elliott doesn not want any players to play their natural game and doesn't want anyone to deviate from his rigid and very boring game plan. Aiton and Iosefa, who are both very talented hookers will have their careers destroyed by Elliott.

Watch how well Priddis and Wesser do at other clubs this year, away from the evil clutches of Elliott.

Latest posts